The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool: Aquamarine Pineflower Tiara
- pt II -
After Anne took possession of it the large circular element in the center of the tiara was removed; today, one of the large rectangular aquamarines sits in the center of the piece...
old-new-comparison.jpg

You can see the difference between the original tiara on the left, and the altered tiara on the right

Princess Anne had the tiara shortened at some point, and the large central aquamarine made into a pendant, which she seems to have also worn as a brooch.
2017-0815-anne03.png
Here, in a photo from a Buckingham Palace garden party in 2014, Anne wears a diamond and aquamarine pendant on a single-stranded pearl necklace, pairing it with the brooch that used to be the central element of the Pineflower Tiara.

She still wears it regularly, including the recent U.S. State Banquet at Buckingham Palace.:p

Screen-Shot-2019-06-03-at-21.24.09.png

:D* Space for bonus pic. (=5)
93c9ffa5dae6538fa59bc1b61ace10f6.jpg

HRH The Princess Royal
Links ^

...What is the significance of the Prime Minister Boris Johnson calling Labor Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn

“You Great Big Girl’s Blouse” ?
images
;) A big girl's blouse - BRITISH, INFORMAL

● A big girl's blouse a weak, cowardly, or oversensitive man.

● If you call a man a big girl's blouse, you mean they are not brave or confident and do not behave in the way that a man should.

Collins COBUILD Idioms Dictionary ©

;) I'm sorry but come on...seriously?

Prince Harry unwittingly wanders into PR disaster as his new planet-friendly Travalyst scheme links to Instagram blogger with love for... PRIVATE JETS

A prominent travel blogger with a love for private jets has been using the name of the Duke of Sussex's new sustainable tourism project for more than a year.

:rolleyes: The hashtag was used in the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Instagram account today, in an announcement about the initiative that directly linked to pictures posted by Miss Elloway over the past year.
18013240-0-image-a-34_1567516824985.jpg
The 31-year-old uploads photographs of herself on her travels, posing in front of private jets
18011826-7422723-image-a-14_1567513600028.jpg
Miss Elloway said she is 'an alpha female who prides herself on her ability to manifest things'

Harry has spent three years working on Travalyst...

:cool: ??

"..a love for private jets has been using the name of the Duke of Sussex's new sustainable tourism project for more than a year"

tenor.gif

Prince Harry's Travalyst scheme is linked to blogger who loves private jets | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 202500 View attachment 202501

'Excited' Princess Charlotte clutches onto her mother's hand as William and Kate bring her in for her first day of school at exclusive £19,000-a-year Thomas's Battersea while proud older brother George is on hand to show her the ropes

Princess Charlotte arrives for her first day of school at Thomas's Battersea | Daily Mail Online

These are lovely photos of the Cambridge’s.

I would be a wreck to be their teacher.

I love their little uniforms.

Every picture I saw of all of the students I know in Minnesota of the first day of school featured them wearing jeans with varying amounts of holes and rips

Was just reading an article about Princess Charlotte's first day of school and they had a photo of Harry leaving after his first day of school after having made a pair of toilet paper roll binoculars, went on youtube to see if there was footage as the photo looked adorable. They have the news report from that day and my God is it mean to Diana, she wasn't there to pick him up so he went home "alone" aka brought home by people he knew and trusted.
I know people were harsher then towards working Mothers but there was no similar comment that Charles wasn't there to bring him home. If I was Diana, that news report would have really upset me

While the legend of the Loch Ness monster goes back hundreds of years, the first modern sighting of Nessie was reported in 1933.
:rolleyes: Honestly how can anyone think any 'study' remotely credible from researchers who are still citing the 'surgeons sighting' & that photo as validity of (a possible) 'Nessie'
A shadowy shape that some people believe is a photo of the Loch Ness monster from April 19 1934.
:cool: This was debunked as a HOAX decades ago

;) - The original newspaper report with the photo -
kRdweJngQhXejPP6o8hhrX-1200-80.jpg

The “surgeon’s photograph”, snapped by Colonel Robert Wilson in 1934, is probably the most famous Nessie sighting ever. It was later exposed to be a hoax.

The famous “surgeon’s photograph” fooled people for 40 years before it was categorically debunked..

In 1975 the famous shot was exposed as a hoax, made using a toy submarine with a carved monster’s head...

in 1994 it was revealed that Wilson’s photograph was a hoax spearheaded by a revenge-seeking Wetherell; the “monster” was actually a plastic-and-wooden head attached to a toy submarine.

Why is eel DNA a big deal anyway? Aren't eels fairly common in British waters?

:p
That Ness has been searched, scoured, surveyed, staked-out, sonar'd & scanned top-bottom every last inch, not even NEMO could escape being found!

Loch Ness 'Nessie' LEGENDARY CREATURE
NESSIE UNCOVERED

Mugabe and his family pillaged their country of $$$$ Billions and caused immense hardship and cruelty.

I hope Prince Charles doesnt go

Maybe Harry and Markle should go. I hear they’ll be in the area soon and Harrybia quite familiar with Zimbabwe

Statement from Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace has given more details of the official visit to Southern Africa that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will make later this month.

They will go to Angola and Malawi, and undertake a short working visit to Botswana, between September 23 and October 2, the palace said in a statement.

'This will be Their Royal Highnesses' first official tour as a family. Not only will this visit serve as an opportunity for the Duke and Duchess to highlight many of the causes they have been involved with for many years, it will demonstrate a modern UK-Africa partnership in action.'

The statement added: 'In a particularly significant and poignant journey, the Duke of Sussex will have the opportunity to return to Angola to see first-hand the legacy of his mother the late Diana, Princess of Wales, whose visit to Huambo in 1997 helped raise awareness of the threat posed by landmines to communities and livelihoods.'

Details of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal tour revealed | Daily Mail Online

Opinion | Meghan and Harry face a media firestorm, a lasting legacy of Princess Diana

At a time when the media dominate our lives more than ever, the truth is that the royal family needs them — just as Diana did.

From the early photo opportunities when the teenage princess-to-be was presented to the news media until the very moment of her death, Diana, Princess of Wales, was in the spotlight. The public couldn’t get enough of her — at least editors couldn’t. Her life, with all of its changing fortunes, played out in the press to the day she was laid to rest on Sept. 6, 1997.

I experienced it first-hand 22 years ago this Friday, as part of the BBC News team that covered her funeral. It is hard to imagine now just what a shock her death was. Young — only 36 — beautiful, recognized the world over, and suddenly gone. Of course, it was a massive story. The press covered every detail of the drama; the audience consumed it all...

Meghan Markle Flies to NYC to Watch Serena Williams in U.S. Open Final | Xfinity

Fresh off her maternity leave, Meghan Markle is headed back home to American soil for a very special reason.

The 38-year-old Duchess of Sussex boarded a commercial flight on Friday to New York to embark on a weekend trip to watch her longtime friend Serena Williams compete in the 2019 U.S. Open Final. The tennis star is set to face off against Bianca Andreescu on Saturday to try to secure a record-tying 24th Grand Slam singles title.

"It is a last-minute trip," a source told the The Times newspaper in London. "Excited to support her friend, and then come back."...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77