The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just reading an article about Princess Charlotte's first day of school and they had a photo of Harry leaving after his first day of school after having made a pair of toilet paper roll binoculars, went on youtube to see if there was footage as the photo looked adorable. They have the news report from that day and my God is it mean to Diana, she wasn't there to pick him up so he went home "alone" aka brought home by people he knew and trusted.
I know people were harsher then towards working Mothers but there was no similar comment that Charles wasn't there to bring him home. If I was Diana, that news report would have really upset me

I watched that video twice and feel exactly as you do. They just had to get that “dig” in at the last moment that “Prince Harry went home alone.” How annoying. But you are right, it was a different time and working mothers weren’t really appreciated then. Sad that she was criticized in such an undeserving way.....she was busy opening a dairy, it’s not like her nail appointment ran late FGS!

Harry looked so dang cute with his cardboard binoculars!

I’m surprised the Daily Mail did not condemn the Duchess for not going by canoe across the Atlantic Ocean.

I wonder if Serena offered to pay for a private jet for MM? If so, perhaps the Duchess declined and flew commercial in light of the recent controversy. IIRC, Serena made private jet arrangements for Meghan when she attended the baby shower in NYC.

Here's a nice family photo of the Balmoral Crew one summer. Love the matching kilts on the male line, and Charles' matching Balmoral tartan sling

body_1_1.jpg

Diana looks lovely and very happy to be there.

Diana really was the People's Princess. People could feel her authentic empathy and interest in them.

I hope Harry really remembers what that was about.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry don't want son Archie's nanny to wear a traditional uniform because she's not 'Mary Poppins'...
I agree with them on this the Cambridge's nanny should not have to wear that awful uniform whilst working.
:rolleyes: She doesn't HAVE TO wear that 'awful uniform'
Most of the time she doesn't ;)
nanny-maria-teresa-turrion-borrallo-5.jpg

tumblr_p0cynpW84M1rc16xko1_500.jpg
nanny-maria-teresa-turrion-borrallo-4.jpg

Maria Borrallo
She wears it for 'special occasions' because it's extremely exclusive & only worn by THE elite 'Nannies' who it seems are very proud to have earned it! :cool:

THE UNIFORM – A NORLAND PROFESSIONAL
Emily Ward quickly recognised that Norland Nurses (Norland graduates) needed to be recognised as professionals (and not mistaken for housemaids) so she introduced the uniform. Norland Nurses would not only wear the uniform when training at the college but also once qualified in the workplace - they were recognisable wherever they went...
three-norland-nannies-in-uniform-B3G9WR.jpg
Norland graduates are proud to wear the uniform and most will keep it in their wardrobe for life as a symbol of their training and them being an honoured member of the Norland family.
Norland College

Every year, the Norland College turns out 40 of the crème de la crème of British nannies, in demand from the Gulf to Los Angeles. Norlanders, as they are known, look after the children of royalty, celebrities and the aristocracy...

Only 40 girls a year master the oh-so exacting demands of organic cookery, quilt-making and , yes, handling millionaire bosses. So could YOU make the grade as a Norland Nanny?

Tatler

Norland College trains its students how to work with families, develop a child’s math skills and how to become skilful in the kitchen, cooking healthy meals. The course curriculum also covers First Aid, Self Defence (Taekwondo), Extreme driving skills, Lifeguard skills, and Child safety.

The starting salary for a Norland Nanny is £26,000 a year, rising to around £30,000 a year. Once Norland Nannies have been in the job for more than a decade they can command anything up to £100,000.

Bespoke Norland Nanny Agency

Why do Norland students still wear a uniform?
However it is not just a case of putting on the uniform, it is an earned privilege and whilst wearing it students are expected to uphold certain professional standards.
How do students feel about wearing a uniform?

"I wear the uniform with pride. It is a part of the Norland history and is recognisable worldwide. Being a Norland Nanny is a privilege and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to become a second to none nanny."

"Our uniform is a badge of honour. Not just anyone can wear it,"

NotJustNannyTraining

I wonder if M does not like Frogmore Cottage and that is why she is jetting off to different places. I cannot imagine traveling from Europe to the USA for only two days. Sounds tiring to me. At least she can hang with her fashion show besties. A fashion show would be kind of fun to attend.

TV show attacked after calling Duchess of Sussex 'a fiend and a monster'

The 60 Minutes Australia ad calls Meghan a "manipulative monster", while Katie Hopkins says she's a "no one" with "bad clothes".

I am absolutely disgusted at 60 minutes Australia for airing this trash tv. I was subscribed to their YouTube channel because I highly regarded some of their shows particularly those exposing Boeing disasters and the serious dangers of fentanyl. It is shameful that a respected programme like this has stooped so low. The media can be critical of the Duchess of Sussex if it is constructive and justified but being nasty about her for the sake of it is not on.

Katie Hopkins is an awful individual who should not be allowed on tv or in the papers. Her extremist views are not representative of the general public in the U.K.

Katie Hopkins is an awful individual who should not be allowed on tv or in the papers. Her extremist views are not representative of the general public in the U.K.

Normally, I feel kindred to the British. We share a language, a history, a culture to a certain extent. But when I see talk like this, it reminds me of how different the US actually is. Dissent is everything in a free society.

I wonder if Serena offered to pay for a private jet for MM? If so, perhaps the Duchess declined and flew commercial in light of the recent controversy. IIRC, Serena made private jet arrangements for Meghan when she attended the baby shower in NYC.

Personally, I find it quite insulting that MM could fly to the US but not attend Balmoral with the Queen. FGS she is 94yo! MM seems very selfish to me. All IMO

Personally, I find it quite insulting that MM could fly to the US but not attend Balmoral with the Queen. FGS she is 94yo! MM seems very selfish to me. All IMO

I know I bet Her Majesty would have loved seeing Archie and showing him Balmoral. I lost my Grandpa a few months ago he was 85 and was the last Grandparent I had and I always made time to see him.

Last edited:
Normally, I feel kindred to the British. We share a language, a history, a culture to a certain extent. But when I see talk like this, it reminds me of how different the US actually is. Dissent is everything in a free society.

I don’t hate Katie Hopkins because she dislikes the Duchess she is entitled to her opinion and has the right to express it. It is her support of the far right group the English Defence League and Nazi sympathisers I strongly dislike her for.

:rolleyes: She doesn't HAVE TO wear that 'awful uniform'
Most of the time she doesn't ;)
nanny-maria-teresa-turrion-borrallo-5.jpg

tumblr_p0cynpW84M1rc16xko1_500.jpg
nanny-maria-teresa-turrion-borrallo-4.jpg

Maria Borrallo
She wears it for 'special occasions' because it's extremely exclusive & only worn by THE elite 'Nannies' who it seems are very proud to have earned it! :cool:

THE UNIFORM – A NORLAND PROFESSIONAL
Emily Ward quickly recognised that Norland Nurses (Norland graduates) needed to be recognised as professionals (and not mistaken for housemaids) so she introduced the uniform. Norland Nurses would not only wear the uniform when training at the college but also once qualified in the workplace - they were recognisable wherever they went...
three-norland-nannies-in-uniform-B3G9WR.jpg
Norland graduates are proud to wear the uniform and most will keep it in their wardrobe for life as a symbol of their training and them being an honoured member of the Norland family.
Norland College

Every year, the Norland College turns out 40 of the crème de la crème of British nannies, in demand from the Gulf to Los Angeles. Norlanders, as they are known, look after the children of royalty, celebrities and the aristocracy...

Only 40 girls a year master the oh-so exacting demands of organic cookery, quilt-making and , yes, handling millionaire bosses. So could YOU make the grade as a Norland Nanny?

Tatler

Norland College trains its students how to work with families, develop a child’s math skills and how to become skilful in the kitchen, cooking healthy meals. The course curriculum also covers First Aid, Self Defence (Taekwondo), Extreme driving skills, Lifeguard skills, and Child safety.

The starting salary for a Norland Nanny is £26,000 a year, rising to around £30,000 a year. Once Norland Nannies have been in the job for more than a decade they can command anything up to £100,000.

Bespoke Norland Nanny Agency

Why do Norland students still wear a uniform?
However it is not just a case of putting on the uniform, it is an earned privilege and whilst wearing it students are expected to uphold certain professional standards.
How do students feel about wearing a uniform?

"I wear the uniform with pride. It is a part of the Norland history and is recognisable worldwide. Being a Norland Nanny is a privilege and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to become a second to none nanny."

"Our uniform is a badge of honour. Not just anyone can wear it,"

NotJustNannyTraining

Wow . What a low salary given by people who have millions, maybe billions.

And cooking? One would think a cook is employed so that the nanny can look after the child instead of cooking.

I imagine a darling nanny would be problematic for some of these families where the men seem to stray

The claws are out. To me, this article is ridiculous.

Celebrities on her Vogue cover? Really?

Harry and Meghan are learning lessons about privilege. Harry served in the military so he learned about that life.

Now that his family is in the public eye, he is learning that things he took for granted such as private jets are not the way of life.

Meghan wants to get their causes out into the world. I have learned a lot already about issues they are bringing forth.

I guess the public is more enthralled with what hairstyle Jennifer Anniston has than the causes that the Sussex focus on.

As long as billionaires do whatever they want, they are not under scrutiny. Jeffrey Epstein did whatever he wanted.

But try to do good! Hypocrites! They are under a microscope . How perfect they are expected to be while others in their class frolic doing whatever they wish

Wow . What a low salary given by people who have millions, maybe billions.

And cooking? One would think a cook is employed so that the nanny can look after the child instead of cooking.

I imagine a darling nanny would be problematic for some of these families where the men seem to stray

BBM

I expect recognizing & avoiding that -- situation -- is part of the Norland training and part of the expectation of behavior of a Norland Nanny.

Possibly some are hired after a -- situation -- with another nanny???

JMHO YMMV LRR

Could Harry take Archie to Balmoral by himself? Just because Meghan didn't want to go, why should Harry miss an opportunity to be with his grandmother and let her enjoy a little time with her great-grandson? Did Meghan tell Harry that he couldn't take Archie to Balmoral for a couple of days? It isn't true that Archie is too young to travel since we know that he went to Ibiza with his parents and also to visit Elton John.

Last edited:

The 60 Minutes Australia ad calls Meghan a "manipulative monster", while Katie Hopkins says she's a "no one" with "bad clothes".

I am absolutely disgusted at 60 minutes Australia for airing this trash tv. I was subscribed to their YouTube channel because I highly regarded some of their shows particularly those exposing Boeing disasters and the serious dangers of fentanyl. It is shameful that a respected programme like this has stooped so low. The media can be critical of the Duchess of Sussex if it is constructive and justified but being nasty about her for the sake of it is not on.

I don't know about "fiend and monster", but I am sad that there are people who still worship and kowtow to those "royals" who parasite off of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17