FL FL - Male, 17-28, UP814, Palm Beach County, 3 Feb 1984

Liv27

Reaction score
I don’t think this case has been posted.

John Doe found in Palm Beach County, Florida on Feb. 3rd, 1984.

Male aged 17-28

Estimated Height: 5’11’’

Was found with dark blue jogging shorts with the numbers 82502 on the inside band.

Here’s his NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• DCDE4B17-D978-421C-951B-2EF1AD58BF1D.jpeg
    DCDE4B17-D978-421C-951B-2EF1AD58BF1D.jpeg
    540 KB · Views: 32
Also got a possible match for this John Doe. Please let me know below your thoughts.

RAYMOND KENNETH DROWN
Aged 22 (MATCH)
Height is
5’11’’ (MATCH)
Went missing January 1984 in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Reconstruction looks like the UP.

Attachments

• A6559832-EC04-457F-8C0C-17029EEDAA8B.jpeg
    A6559832-EC04-457F-8C0C-17029EEDAA8B.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 36
Also got a possible match for this John Doe. Please let me know below your thoughts.

RAYMOND KENNETH DROWN
Aged 22 (MATCH)
Height is
5’11’’ (MATCH)
Went missing January 1984 in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Reconstruction looks like the UP.
I think this could be a match. You should submitt him.

I ended up submitting this to the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner.

An employee there told me that he forwarded my message to the Sheriff’s Department to the person responsible for the cold cases.

He said that the Sheriff is currently re-examining the case file and will be in contact with me shortly.

I’ll update the thread when he does.

The sheriff got in contact with me early this morning and is transferring me to the actual person who has this case. He's on vacation and won't be back until 5/28, so hopefully he'll email me then.

First, I want to thank all of you involved in trying find Raymond. I am his only son. He knew I existed, but I don't believe the police knew at the time. I submitted a DNA sample to NAMUS roughly around the time this thread was created. I was two years old when Ray disappeared and have never met him. I believe very strongly that my mother Paula A Coffman (AKA Paula Ann Stewart, Paula Ann Peters, Paula Ann Moog), and her future husband (my step-dad), John Michael Peters, had something to do with his disappearance. Around the time of his disappearance, my mother was going through a divorce from William Curtis Stewart. This is an important detail because he was stuck with the child-support payments for me as he was on the birth certificate. William C Stewart is not my biological dad though. Raymond is. My step father, John Michael Peters, later went to prison for murder when I was 14 years old. I believe that my mother was either directly involved in the disappearance, or that she had someone (probably John Peters) kill him to ensure that she got child support from William C Stewart for me. I was told my whole life that I lived in Hawaii until I was two years old. However, when I found the Doe mentioned above, I question my mother about it and she changed her story. Now instead of being in Hawaii until I was two, I was there until I was three. Even if I was two, that would have put my mother in Florida (not Hawaii) a minimum of four months after Raymond's disappearance. When I questioned my mother about it she started bawling. I found that to be very strange considering she hadn't seen him in years. They were high school sweethearts and even went to prom together. Some other important details are: 1. My step father - John Michael Peters knew details about Raymond's disappearance, that are not public. He told me when I was eleven years old that "the last time anyone had seen my father he had a Mohawk, canoe, and a bible." 2. When I was around five or six I was with John Peters, when he found an abandoned canoe near a lake somewhere in south Florida. We lived in Green acres at the time. I have passed all of this info on to the detective who is in charge of this case. I haven't heard from him in months and I honestly don't have the stomach to deal with it anymore because I'm 100% certain my mother had something to do with it.

Attachments

• 185960_108497405897228_4287459_n.jpg
    185960_108497405897228_4287459_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 197584_108497355897233_1163157_n.jpg
    197584_108497355897233_1163157_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
First, I want to thank all of you involved in trying find Raymond. I am his only son. He knew I existed, but I don't believe the police knew at the time. I submitted a DNA sample to NAMUS roughly around the time this thread was created. I was two years old when Ray disappeared and have never met him. I believe very strongly that my mother Paula A Coffman (AKA Paula Ann Stewart, Paula Ann Peters, Paula Ann Moog), and her future husband (my step-dad), John Michael Peters, had something to do with his disappearance. Around the time of his disappearance, my mother was going through a divorce from William Curtis Stewart. This is an important detail because he was stuck with the child-support payments for me as he was on the birth certificate. William C Stewart is not my biological dad though. Raymond is. My step father, John Michael Peters, later went to prison for murder when I was 14 years old. I believe that my mother was either directly involved in the disappearance, or that she had someone (probably John Peters) kill him to ensure that she got child support from William C Stewart for me. I was told my whole life that I lived in Hawaii until I was two years old. However, when I found the Doe mentioned above, I question my mother about it and she changed her story. Now instead of being in Hawaii until I was two, I was there until I was three. Even if I was two, that would have put my mother in Florida (not Hawaii) a minimum of four months after Raymond's disappearance. When I questioned my mother about it she started bawling. I found that to be very strange considering she hadn't seen him in years. They were high school sweethearts and even went to prom together. Some other important details are: 1. My step father - John Michael Peters knew details about Raymond's disappearance, that are not public. He told me when I was eleven years old that "the last time anyone had seen my father he had a Mohawk, canoe, and a bible." 2. When I was around five or six I was with John Peters, when he found an abandoned canoe near a lake somewhere in south Florida. We lived in Green acres at the time. I have passed all of this info on to the detective who is in charge of this case. I haven't heard from him in months and I honestly don't have the stomach to deal with it anymore because I'm 100% certain my mother had something to do with it.

Wow....my heart is breaking for you Raymond-Drowns-Son. Is it correct that your father (Raymond) had an dimple in his chin....very distinctive. I took this post over to the thread dedicated to you father. FL - FL-Raymond Kenneth Drown, 22, Palm Beach County, 04 Jan 1984

Last edited:

Attachments

• 13769552_1063735543706738_4170815634718863961_n.jpg
    13769552_1063735543706738_4170815634718863961_n.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 49
Hi there! I'm the one who created this thread. I've been looking at Ray being this Doe for a while and I did contact local LE regarding this fact but they haven't really gotten back to me. I am willing to call on behalf of you so we can get an update regarding it. That information about your mother crying when you asked about this particular Doe is heavily interesting. I am willing to help you find answers and get your father back home to. If he is deceased, at least you can gain closure and we can possibly get a gravestone for him that has his name on it. I'm so sorry about your mother and your stepfather. I'm definitely praying for you.

Hi there! I'm the one who created this thread. I've been looking at Ray being this Doe for a while and I did contact local LE regarding this fact but they haven't really gotten back to me. I am willing to call on behalf of you so we can get an update regarding it. That information about your mother crying when you asked about this particular Doe is heavily interesting. I am willing to help you find answers and get your father back home to. If he is deceased, at least you can gain closure and we can possibly get a gravestone for him that has his name on it. I'm so sorry about your mother and your stepfather. I'm definitely praying for you.
You're more than welcome to call on my behalf. I'm pretty sure he is dead as there isn't so much as a trace from him since his disappearance. I'm convinced when my mother got back from Hawaii they were seeing each other again. My birth was frowned upon by both his family and my mother's family.

Last edited:
And Thank You ...For caring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back