Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM

Ugh, this statement by LE is so frustrating to me. What exactly made them think those tips were “better”? I don’t understand. If that original composite sketch was so helpful, what results came about from it that were so positive? LE specifically says they are/were good tips that differed from the bad ones.

Again, what made these new tips generated from the sketch so much more useful to LE? Because that sketch ended up useless. It’s literally the opposite of generating good tips.

So what info was LE getting that they claim was helpful? I’m sure I’m not making sense here and just repeating myself, but I’m really stumped on what they claim was generated by that sketch. What would they say now- all the tips that we said were good based on that sketch are bad now? :confused:

It’s one thing to say that original sketch ended up sending the public in the wrong direction. I get that. It’s another thing to say there were GOOD tips generated bc it helped LE. I’m not making sense I’m sure.
Maybe it was finally the elimination of OBG sketch after identification? That first sketch was a composite done by multiple contributors. I remember talk about one guy who said he'd seen someone who got argumentative with him, a bum type, who he thought favored the BG picture. That first sketch could have been done with info of a person seen on the Delphi trails on previous days, not necessarily on February 13, 2017?

Maybe it was finally the elimination of OBG sketch after identification? That first sketch was a composite done by multiple contributors. I remember talk about one guy who said he'd seen someone who got argumentative with him, a bum type, who he thought favored the BG picture. That first sketch could have been done with info of a person seen on the Delphi trails on previous days, not necessarily on February 13, 2017?

BBM

Ah, yes that’s a plausible theory. In that case, the tips were “good” tips because they did lead in fact lead to identifying a specific person- it’s just that the identified person was not BG. Yes, that could be it.

It just occurred to me that if somebody lied to police and misled them, this case should be solved and an arrest of some kind should have been made. If LE feels they were mislead they know what they were mislead about, and it would seem they would know who gave them information that lead them down the wrong path. Lying to an FBI agent is a felony and lying to police in Indiana, from what I can find, can be either a misdemeanor or felony. Somebody should be charged. Add to that, that whoever lied or mislead had some reason and desire to do it...The killer or someone they know or someone involved. Seems they should have arrested someone by now.
Someone should be arrested for either lying or the actual murder if police were mislead in my opinion.
I remember in another case, the Rhoden family murders, LE saying the four accused had lied time and again to them. They knew they weren't being truthful but couldn't start the process of justice until they had the information needed that would sealed the deal and assure conviction, in their minds. We know who they are, lets watch, follow them, see what else we can find, who else might we talk to about them who could have info. I think it may be quite the simular situation here with the Delphi killer. JMO

While one can do the factory reset just because the phone is malfunctioning, it turns the phone back to pre-used level. One gets rid of texts, messages, photos, lots of things stored in the phone and the cloud. Not everything, as we recently saw in another case, but enough to get rid of some incriminating information.

“Factory reset is the term used to describe the removal of user data from an electronic device and restore it back to factory settings. It is a software restore and aims at resetting the software found in the device to original manufacturer settings.”

Now, apparently what is deleted depends on the phone. Libby had an iPhone. Full factory reset for an iPhone seems to wipe off more than from Android.

“Usually, when you do a full reset, all your data and apps get deleted. The reset causes the phone to return to its original setting as if it were new. However, iPhone allows you other reset options as well. ... This will only restore your phone's settings without interfering with your personal data.”

You can back up your data, sign out of iCloud and iTunes, do a factory reset and sign back in. Your data will still be there. I’ve done it many times. Your texts, apps, contacts, photos, snap chat saved photos and videos - everything is there.

Last edited:
Phones get glitchy, meaning the web access from the phone gets glitchy.
MOO usually from visiting dubious sites that install adware or other things. Like the "You have won a WalmartGift Card" that takes over the screen.

In the April 2019 PC or in a statement right afterwards, LE said they have a witness. What exactly do you think this person witnessed? Was it at the actual crime scene? The actual murders? BG walking across the creek with the girls? BG walking after the murders? Getting into a vehicle at CPS building?
Did the witness see something after the fact? Did they see BG destroying evidence, or wearing bloody clothes, drunk and bragging about it, manic depressed or inconsolable afterwards.
I doubt it concerned behavior changes after the fact, that wouldn’t qualify to me.
If LE has a witness how could they not know who it is? If they have a witness why is no one in jail?
Just wondering about this. What do y’all think?

Your post has been on my mind since I read it, and I only bring more questions, ideas and no answers.

Look at the wording here in this article.....it has bugged me for months.

"Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward"

May 15, 2019
Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward, investigator says

Authorities have not released information about how the girls died, but Carter said he believes the killer is hiding within the close-knit Delphi community.
He said someone knows who the killer is but is afraid to come forward.

“If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they’re afraid too,” he said. “Somebody knows who that person is.”

“We’re going to continue to push and push and push until we get that final piece of information,” he said. “We know significantly more [information], but we’re not going to talk about that because the only other person who knows that is the killer.”

I don't know if there was an actual witness to the crimes, or if there was a witness, why the killer would let a potential witness live considering we know what he is capable of?

Since the 1st sketch was released, it was evident that at least one person saw BG in order to provide the details for the sketch.

This time around with the release of the 2nd sketch....the use of the word 'witness' implies that someone witnessed something.

If LE was referring to a family member or friend covering for the killer, wouldn't the words used be more like, 'Alibi for killer in double murder afraid to come forward'?

The whole flyer at the April presser referencing this witness has bugged me endlessly for months and I feel as though LE is somehow been appealing to that person to be the 'one last tip or piece of the puzzle.'

Perhaps they want the person to name or ID from a photo the killer, but the 'witness' is afraid of the ultimate repercussions of doing so.
Maybe the killer told the 'witness' he would be 'hiding in plain sight' and this has intimidated the witness to the point of being terrified to provide additional info?

Just thoughts, theories and JMO

Last edited:
SBM

Ugh, this statement by LE is so frustrating to me. What exactly made them think those tips were “better”? I don’t understand. If that original composite sketch was so helpful, what results came about from it that were so positive? LE specifically says they are/were good tips that differed from the bad ones.

Again, what made these new tips generated from the sketch so much more useful to LE? Because that sketch ended up useless. It’s literally the opposite of generating good tips.

So what info was LE getting that they claim was helpful? I’m sure I’m not making sense here and just repeating myself, but I’m really stumped on what they claim was generated by that sketch. What would they say now- all the tips that we said were good based on that sketch are bad now? :confused:

It’s one thing to say that original sketch ended up sending the public in the wrong direction. I get that. It’s another thing to say there were GOOD tips generated bc it helped LE. I’m not making sense I’m sure.
It's like they were misled by more than one person if that sketch was a composite. That's what I don't understand, so a group of people misled them or just one or two?

I have been following this case since day one. Many threads back (in the 50/60's) I posted my eerie feelings about my son's best friends Father. I clearly remember two days after the girls were found, laying in bed sick my son asks if I could drop him off to school because his friends dad couldn't because he wasn't back from outta town from a work conference. (Indiana)His parents an I would switch on an off every couple months taking the boys. At this time they are 10th graders. When Carter released the video my heart skipped a beat an I showed my husband. I said who does this look like to you? He said a typical 40's man walking a bridge. The next few months pass I noticed said Dad walking to get in his car. I couldn't take my eyes off of him he had on the same blue pullover windbreaker style coat, Dad jeans, he does have a small gait when he walks.
I know the family fairly well, our sons been friends many years. I'll call him KC.
He is a odd ball. 42 years old. Has no friends, in June of 2017 the wife invited us over one evening for a bonfire. KC sat in front of the fire an hardly spoke. My husband an I felt like we had to keep talking or you'd hear crickets! We roasted marshmallows. After about hour he abruptly excuses himself an goes inside. 40 mins later we are getting ready to leave an his younger son comes outside an says " Mom! Dad didn't have no bellyache! He took the laptop an hid in the bathroom!" Strange an rude. That night I asked my son what does KC do exactly for work? He explained hes some type of 'IT' guy that works on computers. Months would go by an my suspicions grew. My husband would say all the time how crazy of me to even think he could be responsible.
I said he's weird, he looks just like the man on the bridge, he has red hair, gait.
Here's a little eye opener recently back in July my family an I were on vacation. I was thinking of this case an than my neighbor.
I asked my son I know your buddy's Mom grew up here near us (Michigan) what about KC? He says, He grew up in Indiana. I almost my pants! When his buddy returned to the table I asked "Your Dad grew up in Indiana?! What made him come to Michigan? " He met my Mom on a Chat line in 99'. He's from Carroll, county. Maybe just coincidence but, I just cannot shake this. The only reason I haven't till this day called in a tip is because he was in the air force an also part of me feels like he possibly could not kill two girls. I believe the air force would have DNA on file. Secondly an lastly, he wears eye glasses. His son says he's only met his grandparents 3xs in his life. Weird. Just recently KC went back to see his Dad for a few days because he found out he had cancer. Hoping an praying this case gets solved very soon. Prayers an love to the families. ❤
I agree with others----call it in. List your concerns on paper first, so you can explain it cohesively, on the phone. It may be a message machine and you need to sound concise and confident.

You never know...

It's like they were misled by more than one person if that sketch was a composite. That's what I don't understand, so a group of people misled them or just one or two?

Yes, and I remember us all thinking about that and theorizing a while back- did these witnesses just all see the same man (OBG sketch), and thus that’s what LE went with. Or to your point here- is it possible the witnesses were all misleading?

I personally think several witnesses probably saw this OBG sketch guy around and then LE thought the description matched the video. In which case, as a poster suggested to me above, the “good leads” that LE got after the OBG sketch was released may have been “good” because they led them to OBG who was actually only OG (old guy) and not actually BG ... so they were then able to eliminate him :cool:

MOO

You can back up your data, sign out of iCloud and iTunes, do a factory reset and sign back in. Your data will still be there. I’ve done it many times. Your texts, apps, contacts, photos, snap chat saved photos and videos - everything is there.

True. It offers you versions of factory reset. But what if you don’t want to keep something? Want to erase it? Or if you have not synchronized your data/photos?

Phones get glitchy, meaning the web access from the phone gets glitchy.
MOO usually from visiting dubious sites that install adware or other things. Like the "You have won a WalmartGift Card" that takes over the screen.
I get that and similar pop ups when I’m trying to read Websleuths all the time. At least once a day and sometimes 4-5 times in an hour.

The data is only going to be there on the actual phone after a factory reset if the phone is synced with the Cloud data or a backup to a PC/laptop.

maybe its just me but....look at the new sketch...his eyes are kind of drawn to make them look light colored.not dark or even brown. if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member