Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a body (or parts of one) could fit inside of that black ski equipment case on the roof of his SUV. View attachment 203244

Lots of possibilities....I did find one Foldable Truck Model made of vinyl that could fit in a backpack...
Cabela's Weatherproof Truck/Cargo Box
  • Ideal for use in pickup beds
  • Constructed of heavy-duty vinyl
  • Electronically welded seams
  • Equipped with D-rings for convenient tie-down
  • Folds up when not in use
Cabela's Weatherproof Truck/Cargo Box : Cabela's

After watching that Dateline preview, I’m reminded of how ugly this is going to get.

If the defense is going to be “she’s alive,” then Norm is going to attempt to absolutely destroy Jennifer’s character.

Basically, she’s so hateful, vindictive, and outright evil, that she’s setting her estranged husband up for a murder that never happened.

It’s insane, but the “Gone Girl Defense” will put him on the map. Everyone in the country will associate him with this case, even if he loses.

Which he will.

Thank you for this MassGuy. Your confidence and assurance that Pattis will lose restores my confidence when it starts to lag a little. Every now and then I get a sinking feeling that somehow Fotis will get by with this, if Jennifer's remains aren't found or there's not quite enough evidence to convince a jury. And then you post something like this. I've followed several cases with you now and you are a rock. Thank you.

Here is a sneak preview of the Dateline episode tonight. I was surprised that they did not block out the children's faces.
jennifer dulos - Yahoo Video Search Results

If he has "nothing to hide", why hasn't he submitted his financial records after numerous court requests? If he has "nothing to hide", why did he refuse to testify and plead the fifth? If he has "nothing to hide", why has not assisted LE with their investigation? If he has "nothing to hide", why was he traveling down Albany, discarding evidence? If he has "nothing to hide", why did he use PG's red truck, have it detailed, and insist that the seats (or should I use the word "hardware") be changed? I could go on .. but I will stop.

Where is his emotion? He looks angry, stiff, and fake. I look forward to watching this tonight. MOO!

I maybe in the minority here. But, I want Pattis to do his job and do it well because when the evidence leads to a conviction I don't want a successful appeal to be possible. I can't see a jury thinking she is alive and on some island drinking Campari and sodas. We have JD's DNA in Hartford connected to him, her blood in the truck he stole and drove to NC, and we have his worker who was pressured to swap out his seats and sell that truck real fast. I think MT will eventually plead out and testify against him. I am not worried at this point as I think LEO has more than they have revealed. The puzzle is coming together.

Good morning
Posting this article again highlighting the encouraging words of Brian Foley.
Official: 'A lot more evidence' in Dulos case hasn't been presented yet

In an interview with CNN, Brian Foley, executive assistant to the Commissioner of CT State Police, said there's more information that hasn't been made public at this point.

"The arrest warrant you saw, that contained a lot of details. There's a lot more details and a lot more evidence that hasn't been presented as of yet," Foley said.

He explained that the warrant focused a lot on blood evidence, but that there are other forms of evidence in the case as well.
BBM
I noticed for the first time yesterday that they submitted evidence from her garage early on. Not just blood evidence.
You are all so astute this may have been discussed and I just missed it.
Hadn't seen this interview so thanks for posting. He spoke last week outside Troop G I think and it was posted on same day as FD arrest and bail. Glad to see State Police out on the PR offensive ahead of the Dateline "Jennifers Alive" narrative.

CNN had a legal analyst on the other night talking about the most recent arrest warrants and IMO the reporting was focused on the facts which was much appreciated IMO.

On the Press issues we have seen, I was hunting for more references to 'blood evidence' in the press stories to see if it might be possible to make some kind of estimate on total JD blood loss. Haven't made much progress with this line of inquiry. If anyone finds articles referencing blood and can post them that would be helpful in this effort.

But, I started from the beginning of this sad case on the Dave Altimari coverage looking for references to blood and I was truly stunned that if you read it from beginning to end how much of the content seems to be sourced from Pattis IMO. I am actually so shocked about the substance of the reporting that I actually printed out all the articles and am now backtracking to double check possible sources and comparing to other papers reporting. I guess I am very naive to think that the old HC is the same as the new HC as so much of what seems to be 'fit to print' is rumor and single sourced IMO. I hope I'm wrong on this and I will keep reading and researching but so far I'm super disappointed.

What I think is upsetting me is that if the Pattis chatter isn't double sourced or otherwise fact checked then it hits the publics minds as "fact" because people will say they read it in the HC. But with Pattis there have been next to no actual "facts" IMO and so having the credibility of the HC to support his statements allows him to create a case narrative that is IMO far from anything having to do with the actual evidence. Will keep reading and will report back on this at some point as its a longer term project. I just hope someone at the HC is doing this process as well as I wonder who the Editor is?

MOO MOO MOO

Hmm, I have to wonder about this. :) We most certainly need people to represent the accused, yes, but not to make a media show of it (which, in the long run, is no help to the defense once proven to be full of lies), to outright lie for the defendant, and to attack the victim/victim's family.

NP does not follow the rules of our justice system; he abuses them. Thankfully, he's not the typical defense attorney. Imo.

I am not trying to help NP in any way but maybe making a side show out of things is literally the only option for NP’s defense of FD. He looks soooo guilty that NP has to muddy the water somehow. I do think it isn’t working for him though-that Sarah Wallace interview was stomach-turning, and so was the brief “shame on you” interview outside of the courthouse last week. We just better hope there isn’t some “stoonad” on the eventual jury, who thinks FD is “cute”, and votes to acquit.

The liens on Sturbridge would only come into play if the property gets a buyer and they want to close. In order to get title insurance and
have a clear title each of these recorded liens
needs to be addressed and negotiated or paid off. An underwriter for title insurance would
insure this. So a sale would be held up until
the liens are satisfied (and removed).
PS/ Each state has their own Lien Laws. IME to file a claim/lien on a property
in my state there must be a claim against the specific property you are liening.
In other words, a tradesman cannot file a claim on xx property if he did work and
was unpaid on yy property. Sounds like Ct. law is similar.
@enelram, exactly! My concern is that FD has stacked the mortgages (3) and the trade claims (6 last time I looked at NC Town Hall records) that given our estimate of selling price based on $/SF for NC and $1.5 purchase price (not sure this is real either) that I wonder if there will be anything left for the GF attachment?

Two words - Jose Baez. NP reminds me of him/media circus/etc. No way did the prosecution get an unbiased jury IMO. NP is stirring the pot for a reason. JMO
Absolutely agree. I have been so concerned about the issue that I sent an email to Judge Blawie. I'm sure it will end up with the clerk but I did feel a bit better about it all! MOO

Here is a sneak preview of the Dateline episode tonight. I was surprised that they did not block out the children's faces.
jennifer dulos - Yahoo Video Search Results
Wow!

FD says in the above clip that he is "waiting for JD to show up to sort this mess out"!

I'm glad this interview is airing as it IMO will make a stunning background to the State's presentation of blood and forensic evidence in this case.

MOO

Upon reflection on recent events, two things occur to me.
FD has never, from the beginning ever seemed to be nervous that her body will be found. Other things bother him but not that. MOO MOO
Secondly, LE has gone very quiet on any information about how they are looking for her body, if in fact, they still are.

Good morning
Posting this article again highlighting the encouraging words of Brian Foley.
Official: 'A lot more evidence' in Dulos case hasn't been presented yet

In an interview with CNN, Brian Foley, executive assistant to the Commissioner of CT State Police, said there's more information that hasn't been made public at this point.

"The arrest warrant you saw, that contained a lot of details. There's a lot more details and a lot more evidence that hasn't been presented as of yet," Foley said.

He explained that the warrant focused a lot on blood evidence, but that there are other forms of evidence in the case as well.
BBM
I noticed for the first time yesterday that they submitted evidence from her garage early on. Not just blood evidence.
You are all so astute this may have been discussed and I just missed it.

That's been my favorite quote of the month and I can't read it enough!

Don't you bet some of those other "forms of evidence" are going to be computer searches?

Would you be surprised if FD was looking at remote locations (to hide a body) on Google Earth?

Well, maybe he was too dumb to think of that but he could be dumb enough to google "how to get rid of a body".

Remember, this is a dude who actually left "Alibi Scripts" in his home for LE to find!

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this interview so thanks for posting. He spoke last week outside Troop G I think and it was posted on same day as FD arrest and bail. Glad to see State Police out on the PR offensive ahead of the Dateline "Jennifers Alive" narrative.

CNN had a legal analyst on the other night talking about the most recent arrest warrants and IMO the reporting was focused on the facts which was much appreciated IMO.

On the Press issues we have seen, I was hunting for more references to 'blood evidence' in the press stories to see if it might be possible to make some kind of estimate on total JD blood loss. Haven't made much progress with this line of inquiry. If anyone finds articles referencing blood and can post them that would be helpful in this effort.

But, I started from the beginning of this sad case on the Dave Altimari coverage looking for references to blood and I was truly stunned that if you read it from beginning to end how much of the content seems to be sourced from Pattis IMO. I am actually so shocked about the substance of the reporting that I actually printed out all the articles and am now backtracking to double check possible sources and comparing to other papers reporting. I guess I am very naive to think that the old HC is the same as the new HC as so much of what seems to be 'fit to print' is rumor and single sourced IMO. I hope I'm wrong on this and I will keep reading and researching but so far I'm super disappointed.

What I think is upsetting me is that if the Pattis chatter isn't double sourced or otherwise fact checked then it hits the publics minds as "fact" because people will say they read it in the HC. But with Pattis there have been next to no actual "facts" IMO and so having the credibility of the HC to support his statements allows him to create a case narrative that is IMO far from anything having to do with the actual evidence. Will keep reading and will report back on this at some point as its a longer term project. I just hope someone at the HC is doing this process as well as I wonder who the Editor is?

MOO MOO MOO
Going back to the first search warrant 6/1/19

7. Under the authority of a Mincey Search Warrant, the WDMCS van conducted crime scene processing at the 69 Welles Lane residence and found evidence of a large quantity of physical evidence in the garage area and inside the residence. This included: «Multiple stains on the garage floor which tested positive for human blood. eMultiple areas of suspected blood spatter. eEvidence of attempts to clean the crime scene. Based upon the crime scene processing, investigators came to the consensus that a serious physical assault had occurred at the scene, and Jennifer Dulos was the suspected victim.

This tells me there was a lot of blood. Plus, I had forgotten that there was blood evidence in the home.
Just reminds me how top-notch these investigators are.
We know so little.
I'm not worried about FD getting off.
MOO

Wow!

FD says in the above clip that he is "waiting for JD to show up to sort this mess out"!

I'm glad this interview is airing as it IMO will make a stunning background to the State's presentation of blood and forensic evidence in this case.

MOO
Wow indeed. How he can sit there and make these statements with a straight face is deeply troubling.

@afitzy said "I wonder who the Editor is?"

I just hope someone at the HC is doing this process as well as I wonder who the Editor is?

Here's the HC Staff. Seems they have many News/Investigative editors. Maybe send copies to each?
Hartford Courant Staff Directory

Sometimes all you can do when a media outlet loses its credibility is take your business elsewhere so that's exactly what I've done with the Courant because of Altimari's cozy relationship with Pattis & Company.

This case has enough notoriety that we can get all we need from more reliable sources. The Courant is even worse than the Daily Mail and NY Post. It feels good to be done with them and give someone else my clicks.

Upon reflection on recent events, two things occur to me.
FD has never, from the beginning ever seemed to be nervous that her body will be found. Other things bother him but not that. MOO MOO
Secondly, LE has gone very quiet on any information about how they are looking for her body, if in fact, they still are.
I still think he did something 'over the top' to
make her remains disappear.
Does he have any connections/relatives still
in the tanning or rendering business around CT?
Large animal carcasses in some areas used to be collected and hauled to a rendering plant
where they made various products from them.
The carcasses were broken down to the point
of simple by-products being all that's left.
Based on how long I think he'd been planning this, something similar would fit his M.O.
mOO

Here's the HC Staff. Seems they have many News/Investigative editors. Maybe send copies to each?
Hartford Courant Staff Directory
Thanks! Will find the Editor and send it all off once I'm done.

I guess maybe I'm a dinosaur and news has evolved to the point where simply repeating 'rumors' or unchecked statements from Attys on cases is ok? IDK but I am really struggling with this entire issue of "reposting". With reposting it seems like if any individual says something then its ok to be reported as news and so can be included in an article. Going further it seems like if one paper says something then it can reposted endlessly by other papers. At a certain point the same statement is now "everywhere" and online and indexed by Google and so people think its a 'fact'.

Why are so few of the reporters actually reading the court documents and reporting on them? Why does it seem that the "quick soundbite from Pattis" should be included anyplace in press as anything else but a personal opinion.

I think what is bugging me about the Dave Altimari reporting is that the sourcing for the statements is rarely disclosed as being Pattis and so the statements in the articles ask the reader to trust the paper that there is actual verification going on with the items we are being asked to accept as facts. I'm not asking for listed sources always but I would like to have confidence that verification is going on beyond a phone call with Pattis. Right now, I'm not trusting the verification as how many of the Pattis statements can in fact be verified? IMO, not many. If the HC wants to quote Pattis then by all means ID Pattis and share the quote but please don't present a Pattis statement as "fact" unless you have double sourced and/or fact checked it. But, if you read enough of the reporting it becomes clear when Pattis is peppering the media with the exact same or similar soundbites and so patterns emerge in the reporting. Alot of what is being reported as 'fact' closely IMO tracks to what Pattis is out saying to other news outlets.

If all this Alitmari commentary were playing out on Twitter or someones personal blog or FB then I would say "OK" its fair game as its a personal statement. But when I think of straight news reporting I believe the standards by definition should be different and quite a bit higher. In theory there should be a difference IMO between The National Enquirer and The Hartford Courant, but maybe not?

I am really not sure what to think anymore but will keep reading and looking for patterns. As I don't feel comfortable now with the reporting, I will stick with AWs and public documents for now.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member