GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the same for him. It's really sad. I am glad he was a good person and did the right thing by telling about the photo on the cell phone. I think that helped convict TM. I can only imagine he is haunted by that image.
I must've missed this about the photo? Can somebody please enlighten me to what this was about? Thanks in advance.

I must've missed this about the photo? Can somebody please enlighten me to what this was about? Thanks in advance.
Tammy’s trial in October 2018, he testified that Sidney showed him a photo on a burner phone of Heather. I forget the exact wording used, but it gave the impression that she was no longer alive in the photo. He was shown the photo around New Year’s, I think, right after she disappeared.

I was actually thinking I really don't want to sit through any of the experts again. I know way more about headlight patterns and cell tower pings than I'll ever use in my lifetime. I know the jury needs to know these things, but I'm good. I just really, really wish one of these jerks would go ahead and tell the Elvises where Heather is once and for all, so they can skip all of this and lay their girl to rest.

You and me both, my friend! I honestly think I could rattle off every minute detail about this case IN MY SLEEP at this point. A coworker will tell me some well known tidbit about the case and I'm like "trust me, I know... but did you know that her phone pinged here, here, and here and then turned the phone turned around and pinged there, there, and there?" They are often mind blow... until I give them a rough estimate of the number of hours I've spent on this site talking about this case. Or reveal that I've gone so far as to check the payphone he used to see if it could receive incoming calls. lol

Tammy Moorer’s cousin said he was at the Moorers’ house for a cookout after Heather Elvis went missing and saw a photo of Elvis on a phone.

It did not appear Elvis could walk or talk in the photo, Donald Demarino said.

He added the photo was taken for Tammy Moorer and that he did not expect to see Elvis again after viewing the photo. The picture caused him to leave the residence

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article220157770.html

I hope Joyce* from “The Mrs.” trial is back to testify. Joyce was great!

*Joyce who had the great responses to the defense attorney’s questions:
“I'm sorry, I don't believe in coincidence, sir."
“What are you trying to get at, sir?”
“Possible. Possible. Possible. Ugly, but possible."

Tuesday, Sept. 10th:
*Trial Continues (Day 2) (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 4, 2013, not found) - *Sidney St.Clair Moorer (38/now 43) arrested (2/23/14), charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (4/27/18) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $30K Surety Bond.
Horry County was to be county for trial but moved to Georgetown County, but Judge brings it back to Horry County (6/21/19).
Trial began on 9/9/19 with jury selection. Jury: 6 women & 6 men, alternates: 1 woman & 1 man.

9/9/19 Day 1-Jury Selection. Jury: 6 men & 6 women, alternates: 1 woman & 1 man. Court will start at 9:30 tomorrow morning 9/10.
*Tammy Lorinda Caison Moorer (41/now 46) charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (4/17/18) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty. Trial was on 10/8/18. Guilty of kidnapping. Guilty of conspiracy to kidnapping. Judge Culbertson sentenced Moorer to 30 years for each sentence, to be served concurrently with time served for any time served thus far (5 yrs). Not eligible for parole.

Watch Live: Sidney Moorer on Trial Again for Allegedly Kidnapping Mistress Heather Elvis

September 9th, 2019

Watch Live: Sidney Moorer on Trial Again for Allegedly Kidnapping Mistress Heather Elvis

0.jpg

Sidney Moorer kidnapping trial ready for opening arguments. Here’s what happened on Day 1

SEPTEMBER 09, 2019

"...On Monday, the parties selected a jury and argued some minor, legal issues ahead of the actual trial.

The jury selection only took hours, compared to about a full day for his wife and co-defendant Tammy Moorer. A panel of seven women and seven men will decide if Sidney Moorer is guilty of kidnapping and conspiracy related to Elvis’ disappearance in 2013.

The Horry County trial is expected to last a couple of weeks...."

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article234878727.html

I hope Joyce* from “The Mrs.” trial is back to testify. Joyce was great!

*Joyce who had the great responses to the defense attorney’s questions:
“I'm sorry, I don't believe in coincidence, sir."
“What are you trying to get at, sir?”
“Possible. Possible. Possible. Ugly, but possible."

Omg I forgot about Joyce! I hope she is back, too! She was awesome.

Oh it sucks living 6 hours ahead, I'll get to watch maybe 30 minutes, thats if it starts, and walk to get my kids.

I always forget some detail, but today I was rethinking in my brain about the potsticks and orange juice. Was the potsicks left over from dinner out?

Oh it sucks living 6 hours ahead, I'll get to watch maybe 30 minutes, thats if it starts, and walk to get my kids.

I always forget some detail, but today I was rethinking in my brain about the potsticks and orange juice. Was the potsicks left over from dinner out?
I don't know whether they were restaurant leftovers or not, but you can buy them in the frozen food section of the grocery store. During TM's trial, @UndiscoveredTruth posted the following:

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#TammyMoorer - When does the Moorer family sleep? Everyone was awake in the middle of the night. Tammy says Sidney was making the kids something to eat at 4:37am and that's when she sent the text asking for pot stickers and orange juice

GUILTY - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #8

After the jury was dismissed Monday afternoon, attorneys gathered to argue in a pre-trial hearing.

Prosecutors wanted to admit a recording of Moorer talking to police, but defense attorneys wanted it held.

Attorney James Galmore argued that Moorer was a suspect in Elvis' disappearance by that point and should have been read a Miranda warning.

Prosecutor Nancy Livesay said his participation was voluntary.

The judge ruled that the tape should be withheld, but delivered a warning to both sides shortly after.

"We've seen some decisions that leave me scratching my head somewhat," Markley Dennis said. "Or y'all maybe scratch y'all's heads. Bottom line is why are you going to create an issue if it may be not that critical?"

Jury selected in Sidney Moorer retrial; court starts Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member