Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the best friend testified when they went to the apt. the next day they checked apt. dumpsters and surrounding area. I don't remember when LE started their official searches but I would think they would have checked the landfill from when dumpster was taken from apt. and surrounding. IMO

Once the 2 days of Testimony are up in their entirety I want to sit and make notes. It went so fast and I did miss bits and pieces. Notes to compare times etc. I'll check youtube in a few days. I know it was testified they put a tracker on his car but after it was taken he was followed. I don't know if we got an exact timeline on that. etc. etc. I may have missed it or have to wait until Trial.

I could easily be missing something here, but couldn't it be that he left her body at the Oxford house, went out to get rid of her cellphone/go to Tim Hortons/took a cab back to retrieve his car and afterwards disposed of her body? If I remember correctly, he purchased the comforter a day or two after her disappearance, so potentially she could have been in the house for longer.

The comforter that Danielle was allegedly wrapped in is a brown/tan striped comforter that is missing. The white comforter was purchased as a replacement. The white comforter is on the bed in photos that were shown in court. I doubt that FG would have left a body in his home for a day or two. The odor of decomposition would be horrible and easily detected by anyone who came to the house. I can't be certain, of course, but I think Dani's body was disposed of shortly after her death/murder.

Tan striped comforter

Moreover, police are searching for a tan and brown striped comforter. Investigators believe Stislicki's body could have been wrapped in the comforter. When asked for more details about the comforter, police would not comment.

Danielle Stislicki missing case: Hines Park search underway

Last edited:
During the preliminary hearing, we learned that Danielle's keys and fitbit were found. I wonder if they found the blue Eddie Bauer jacket or the burgundy boots that Dani was wearing? The luggage, etc. missing from the Galloway home? Other items listed here:

...Police are looking for any signs of Stislicki's remains at Hines Park. They are searching for items such as a suitcase, trunk, luggage, bags, her blue Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 jacket, a black zip up, jeans and a pair of burgundy boots...

Danielle Stislicki missing case: Hines Park search underway

He wasn't very smart about Dani's phone. That surprises me given his pre-planning. Did things go south quickly in the Jeep and she lied as to where her phone was? Left it at work, home or is he that stupid with his planning. From her Mom's testimony Dani usually kept her wallet and phone on her and not in her purse. Seems he didn't find it or think to shut it off until later.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. He could have disposed of her body at any point after returning home from leaving her car at her apartment complex. He might not have waited a day or two, but he could have done it the night he kidnapped her or the day after.

I could easily be missing something here, but couldn't it be that he left her body at the Oxford house, went out to get rid of her cellphone/go to Tim Hortons/took a cab back to retrieve his car and afterwards disposed of her body? If I remember correctly, he purchased the comforter a day or two after her disappearance, so potentially she could have been in the house for longer.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. He could have disposed of her body at any point after returning home from leaving her car at her apartment complex. He might not have waited a day or two, but he could have done it the night he kidnapped her or the day after.

What vehicle did FG use to dispose of Dani's body? Was it her SUV or a Galloway vehicle? Did he carry Dani, wrapped in a comforter, on foot to a dumpster? Cadaver dogs can detect human decomposition very quickly. I wonder if there is evidence of a body having been in a vehicle, either her own SUV or a vehicle owned by Galloway. I think FG's car was confiscated by investigators.

What vehicle did FG use to dispose of Dani's body? Was it her SUV or a Galloway vehicle? Did he carry Dani, wrapped in a comforter, on foot to a dumpster? Cadaver dogs can detect human decomposition very quickly. I wonder if there is evidence of a body having been in a vehicle, either her own SUV or a vehicle owned by Galloway. I think FG's car was confiscated by investigators.

I wondered this also...did he take her car back, go to Tim Horton's, get his vehicle, then go home and take her somewhere? They seem to have a good timeline of him being at home vs on the road again...interested in what else comes out during the trial. He seemed to have thought out a good portion of this but didn't think of her phone and/or cameras...or witnesses seeing them together? I wonder if they have more on where he went after due to cameras spotting one of their vehicles or neighbors seeing something.

I know we have already discussed this many threads back, but when they showed the banking statement and he had charges at more than one bar in between Dec 2nd when she was last seen and before the date of buying a new comforter....sickening...

On a side note, it amazes me how much people think LE do not know and then during court appearances are shocked at the evidence and why it wasn't released. Maybe I have watched enough crime shows to know this is how it goes...they can't tell the public everything right away because then what evidence do they have for trial? Her team did amazing and I enjoyed watching them present the evidence, not given the circumstances, but how methodical and detailed she was....

...On a side note, it amazes me how much people think LE do not know and then during court appearances are shocked at the evidence and why it wasn't released. Maybe I have watched enough crime shows to know this is how it goes...they can't tell the public everything right away because then what evidence do they have for trial? Her team did amazing and I enjoyed watching them present the evidence, not given the circumstances, but how methodical and detailed she was....

Yes! I said this previously and will repeat that Ms. Powell was very well-organized, methodical, and precise in her presentation. By contrast, Ms. Woodside seemed ill-prepared, disorganized, and even a bit flighty. I caught myself chuckling and giggling during parts of her cross. If she and her co-counsel are going to represent FG at trial, they need to get their act together.

He wasn't very smart about Dani's phone. That surprises me given his pre-planning. Did things go south quickly in the Jeep and she lied as to where her phone was? Left it at work, home or is he that stupid with his planning. From her Mom's testimony Dani usually kept her wallet and phone on her and not in her purse. Seems he didn't find it or think to shut it off until later.

most murderers get caught because they think they are smarter than they are--- all that pre planning but often there is some kind of slip-up on some detail that winds up doing them in----

Yes! I said this previously and will repeat that Ms. Powell was very well-organized, methodical, and precise in her presentation. By contrast, Ms. Woodside seemed ill-prepared, disorganized, and even a bit flighty. I caught myself chuckling and giggling during parts of her cross. If she and her co-counsel are going to represent FG at trial, they need to get their act together.
Yes, I couldn't stand listening to her. She would start to ask a question and then stop and rephrase it so the witness had to explain a very vague question. Most of the time this left them very confused on what she was even asking and her tone was like she was scolding a young child. The looks on their faces was priceless most of the time..

I did not get to watch the premlim and am relying on the recaps by you wonderful sleuthers. I am a little confused as to the ME testifying that she died of strangulation or asphyxiation since she has unfortunately not been found. That seems to be something very specific to the body, meaning you cannot prove by blood, etc. Does anyone know how he came to this opinion?

It was mentioned that due to the small amount of carpet that was cut away and replaced by FG, that it would not indicate a crime scene of a lot of fluids aka blood. Since a small amount of carpet was cut away, it could be that she was strangled or asphyxiated which would result in a small amount of blood, according to what was stated.

My assumption is that Danielle's vehicle wasn't used to move her body. To me, it seems like he was most concerned about getting her vehicle away from his house and getting his vehicle away from her work. This was what led me to wonder if he had left Danielle's body in the house when he made the trips to Tim Hortons and etc. Otherwise he would (assuming there are only 2 vehicles involved) have no choice but to dispose of her body with her own vehicle. For someone who had planned to turn off cellphones and wiped down her car door for fingerprints...I would assume he would find transporting her body in her own vehicle too risky. My thought is that he disposed of her body late night December 2nd (or after).

Regardless, the facts that have come to light are pretty shocking. It seemed that this was obviously premeditated, but I had no idea how much thought he had put into the route, using a businesses' phone to call a cab, taking a cab and having them drop you off a distance away from where you want to be, using cash for everything. Especially seeing that he has already attacked a woman in Hines Park less than three months before.

most murderers get caught because they think they are smarter than they are--- all that pre planning but often there is some kind of slip-up on some detail that winds up doing them in----
Pretty much 90% of murderers are idiotic.
Those who are not apprehended are not smarter than the rest of them...they're just lucky

With what is known thus far, is there consideration he kept her captive for a day? Obviously, it would have been risky to leave her to move her vehicle back to the apartment. The comforter was replaced on the 4th. With wife in hospital, he had weekend to clean up and body disposal. Sadly expressing these thoughts and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288