Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Edgar‏ @damien_edgar7

Poem written by Meabh Quoirin for her daughter Nora and read at her funeral mass today

EEGzcTvWwAMrvHs.jpg

Damien Edgar on Twitter

Zara King‏ @ZaraKing

“Fifteen years ago, on a joy filled afternoon, Meabh and Sebastien, together with all the family, came to this Church and carried Nora to the Baptismal Font.” - Fr Eddie O’Donnell delivers the homily at the funeral of #NoraQuoirin in #Belfast @VirginMediaNews

EEGmo4KWwAEjxTG.jpg

Zara King on Twitter

Zara King‏ @ZaraKing

“Nora was very special, she brought so much joy to Meabh and Sebastien, to her sister, Innes, and to Maurice her brother, and to those of the wider family circle. “ - Fr Eddie O’Donnell @VirginMediaNews #NoraQuoirin

Zara King on Twitter

Zara King‏ @ZaraKing

“Today we return to St. Brigid's united in the unspeakable pain of Nora's tragic death, united too in wordless sympathy for Nora's family. I ask myself, as surely you must do, "What is the meaning of this terrible pain that has been inflicted on Nora's family?" @VirginMediaNews

Zara King on Twitter

Zara King‏ @ZaraKing

“..for ten days the world was united with Meabh and Sebastien imploring that you be attentive to the voice of our pleading. But our prayer for Nora's safe return was not answered. We simply ask "why?" - Fr Eddie O’Donnell #NoraQuoirin @VirginMediaNews

Zara King on Twitter

Zara King‏ @ZaraKing

"If we leave here today with a renewed conviction that in the end "love bears all things, endures all things" then Nora, this most special child, this most loved and loving child, has endowed us with an extraordinary parting gift.” Fr O’Donnell #NoraQuoirin @VirginMediaNews

EEGpYA5XoAI5nyZ.jpg

Zara King on Twitter

Extremely sad case with more questions than answers IMO.
Was she buried or cremated?

I thought she was being buried but sky news has reported she was cremated.
ETA Daily Mail also saying she was cremated. Maybe her ashes are being buried.
Like you said more questions than answers IMO

On Tuesday her body was cremated and a service held at the church in Belfast where she was baptised as a baby.

Nora Quoirin described as 'gentle and innocent' at funeral following death in Malaysian jungle

...................................................................................................................................

Tragic schoolgirl Nora Quoirin's mother pays tribute to the 'gruffest angel ever made' | Daily Mail Online
  • Friends and relatives came together in Belfast to pay an emotional tribute to teenager at St Brigid's Church
  • The body of the 15-year-old was cremated on Tuesday morning ahead of funeral service in Northern Ireland

Last edited:
A Wandsworth teenager found dead in a Malaysian jungle after going missing on a family holiday was described as a "gentle and innocent" child at her funeral service.

Family and friends of Nora Quoirin gathered in Belfast to say farewell in the church where she was baptised as a baby, St Brigid's.

The body of the 15-year-old was cremated earlier on Tuesday morning.

Tributes paid to 'gentle, innocent' Wandsworth girl who died in Malaysian jungle

"Nora loved school and her teachers. She especially loved food tech lessons where she made new dishes each week before phoning her Granda to make him jealous about what she had cooked," she said.

"Nora loved playing with her Kindle. On one occasion her dad said 'You're spending too much time on your Kindle', to which Nora replied: "Don't worry Daddy, I'm reading the 'Washington Post'."

Mourners heard about the teenagers's "crazy memory", where she could tell you how many steps there were up the Eiffel Tower or "what she ate on her birthday seven years ago".

Thanks @bronbaby for posting that link lot of detail about Nora in it, IMO despite her disability Nora was a very bright girl.

I thought she was being buried but sky news has reported she was cremated.
ETA Daily Mail also saying she was cremated. Maybe her ashes are being buried.
Like you said more questions than answers IMO

On Tuesday her body was cremated and a service held at the church in Belfast where she was baptised as a baby.

Nora Quoirin described as 'gentle and innocent' at funeral following death in Malaysian jungle

...................................................................................................................................

Tragic schoolgirl Nora Quoirin's mother pays tribute to the 'gruffest angel ever made' | Daily Mail Online
  • Friends and relatives came together in Belfast to pay an emotional tribute to teenager at St Brigid's Church
  • The body of the 15-year-old was cremated on Tuesday morning ahead of funeral service in Northern Ireland
Nora's body was flown home on the 17th-18th of August. Her cremation and funeral took place 3 weeks later on the 10th of September.

Could a second PM have been performed in those 3 weeks?

Which DNA testing?

They said they took samples from her body during the autopsy and sent them for testing - I assume under her fingernails, vaginal swabs, or similar, to see if there was foreign DNA there. That testing typically takes several weeks, I was just wondering if there was an idea of when it would be completed.

They said they took samples from her body during the autopsy and sent them for testing - I assume under her fingernails, vaginal swabs, or similar, to see if there was foreign DNA there. That testing typically takes several weeks, I was just wondering if there was an idea of when it would be completed.
Thanks, I missed this somewhere along the line

I didn’t read about the particulars of testing. I only read on this forum that they would be doing toxicology etc.

I didn’t read about the particulars of testing. I only read on this forum that they would be doing toxicology etc.
Nora Quoirin’s grandfather rejects 'absurd' idea vulnerable teen walked off on her own | The Irish Post
rbbm.
August 16, 2019
"Nora’s body was discovered 1.6km from the resort near a stream, with an autopsy later determining she died as a result of stress and starvation.

However, her family have yet to rule out foul play and are awaiting the results of DNA and toxicology test results.

Sylvain remains similar sceptical of the idea Nora was simply lost in the Malaysian jungle on her own and went undetected for days despite more than 300 people leading the search for her."

Nora Quoirin’s grandfather rejects 'absurd' idea vulnerable teen walked off on her own | The Irish Post
rbbm.
August 16, 2019
"Nora’s body was discovered 1.6km from the resort near a stream, with an autopsy later determining she died as a result of stress and starvation.

However, her family have yet to rule out foul play and are awaiting the results of DNA and toxicology test results.

Sylvain remains similar sceptical of the idea Nora was simply lost in the Malaysian jungle on her own and went undetected for days despite more than 300 people leading the search for her."
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member