GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to the start of Tuesday’s proceedings, the defense convinced Judge Markley Dennis to issue an order to obtain Heather’s records from the Waccamaw Center for Mental Health.

Defense attorneys said they have a summary of her records and feel the actual records will have information relevant to their case.

Dennis said he would issue the court order but that did not mean the information would automatically be admissible in the trial.

State begins trying Sidney Moorer again

Hi everyone. A huge thank you for tagging me in a recent post @Surfside ---- I'd not have known this trial was underway if not for you tagging me...thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Also, thank you for transcribing for us, and also others who've done the same, as well as all those who've posted updates etc..you're so awesome, all of you!!! :D
You're most welcome. Good to see ya. :)

Thank you all for updating/ transcribing. I did not get to watch much at all.. I feel like it is moving fast this time. I am watching after lunch to see if I can hear what you all are talking about.

Also, wasn't someone constantly coughing the last time too?
Yes! Someone was definitely coughing, and in general, there was a lot of background noise from the gallery. In fact, the family posted about it on FB. @JerseyGirl - are we allowed to share posts from the page Heather's family runs?

Also, I felt like it was moving pretty fast yesterday too. I'm grateful for it, because we've heard all of this so many times now. I just hope the jurors are getting everything they need. They aren't on WS and probably haven't sat through all of this like we have.

Prior to the start of Tuesday’s proceedings, the defense convinced Judge Markley Dennis to issue an order to obtain Heather’s records from the Waccamaw Center for Mental Health.

Defense attorneys said they have a summary of her records and feel the actual records will have information relevant to their case.

Dennis said he would issue the court order but that did not mean the information would automatically be admissible in the trial.

State begins trying Sidney Moorer again
Wow! I hope they aren't admissible. This feels like such an invasion of privacy to me.

Yes! Someone was definitely coughing, and in general, there was a lot of background noise from the gallery. In fact, the family posted about it on FB. @JerseyGirl - are we allowed to share posts from the page Heather's family runs?

I'm not sure, I'm just a forum coordinator, I don't get involved in moderating. You can post and report it and ask a mod if it is ok to post. I hope that helps, otherwise I can ask but you might find your answer quicker by reporting. Sorry I couldn't help.

Day 1 Part 3

It's in this video, at round 7 minutes, that the kitchen manager starts talking about the phone call. I believe this phone call took place after HE and SM had broken up, not after HE went missing.

ETA: I do not remember, at all, from either of the other trials him saying he had these two on speaker phone talking about Heather and pregnancy rumors. That was significant.

Last edited:
From the Facebook page, Findheatherelvis. Mods, please delete if not allowed.

Findheatherelvis
12 hrs ·
Today seemed to go really well. We heard opening arguments this morning, and then the state called several witnesses. The judge told the jury he would take the bench at 9:30 in the morning and we will go until around 6pm.
For those in attendance, let's remember to keep things quiet with as few distractions as possible. I've had several people complain to me about loud whispering, papers crinkling, food "smacking", all making it difficult to hear the attorneys questions. There was one point I witnessed a juror looking after a particularly loud whisper. It is IMPERATIVE that we do not distract the jury. It's extremely difficult for them to sit there for that many hours and pay such close attention. We don't want to be the cause of them missing something important. Let's help them out by getting our wiggles, eating and talking done outside of the courtroom.
Most importantly, the prayer list is pinned to the top of the page, and our army of prayer warriors is what we are relying on the most.

Findheatherelvis

It's in this video, at round 7 minutes, that the kitchen manager starts talking about the phone call. I believe this phone call took place after HE and SM had broken up, not after HE went missing.

ETA: I do not remember, at all, from either of the other trials him saying he had these two on speaker phone talking about Heather and pregnancy rumors. That was significant.

No he said that after he learned that HE was missing, the only person he could think of to call to ask was SM and so he did. He asked if he had seen or heard from HE and that’s when SM started spewing hate about HE. And TM was on speakerphone too. This is HUGE.

And It really makes me wonder if he is only telling this story now because TM can’t hurt him....
Begs the question what else will come out now that TM is convicted and put away for 30 years.....

I’m really glad Tm was convicted first and now maybe more will come out in SMs trial.

No he said that after he learned that HE was missing, the only person he could think of to call to ask was SM and so he did. He asked if he had seen or heard from HE and that’s when SM started spewing hate about HE. And TM was on speakerphone too. This is HUGE.

And It really makes me wonder if he is only telling this story now because TM can’t hurt him....
Begs the question what else will come out now that TM is convicted and put away for 30 years.....

I’m really glad Tm was convicted first and now maybe more will come out in SMs trial.
That's how I remember his testimony about that call too. I believe he said Heather didn't show up for work, which was uncharacteristic. Hart waited for Cooke (front of house manager) to arrive at the restaurant, spoke to her, then called SM, because he was the only person Hart could think of to call about Heather's whereabouts.

I don't remember hearing him testify about this before either. You make a great point about other witnesses being more forthcoming since TM is locked away. I hope that's exactly how it goes!

Didn't SM say he wanted to testify in his mistrial and his attorneys strongly advised against it, trying to imply the big, mean lawyers wouldn't let him? I wonder if he'll take the stand or if he learned anything from TM taking the stand in her own defense.

And I can't believe nobody showed up for him yesterday (as far as I know). Not the kids, not PC, not his own mother. Of course, all of them could be on the witness list, and maybe that's why they weren't in the courtroom, but I'm glad he had zero support.

That's how I remember his testimony about that call too. I believe he said Heather didn't show up for work, which was uncharacteristic. Hart waited for Cooke (front of house manager) to arrive at the restaurant, spoke to her, then called SM, because he was the only person Hart could think of to call about Heather's whereabouts.

I don't remember hearing him testify about this before either. You make a great point about other witnesses being more forthcoming since TM is locked away. I hope that's exactly how it goes!

Didn't SM say he wanted to testify in his mistrial and his attorneys strongly advised against it, trying to imply the big, mean lawyers wouldn't let him? I wonder if he'll take the stand or if he learned anything from TM taking the stand in her own defense.

And I can't believe nobody showed up for him yesterday (as far as I know). Not the kids, not PC, not his own mother. Of course, all of them could be on the witness list, and maybe that's why they weren't in the courtroom, but I'm glad he had zero support.
g

I’m glad he had zero support too BUT It also worries me because idk what the defense has up their sleeve. The kids could get up there and cry and say “don’t take away my daddy! I know he didn’t do It cuz he was with me all night” blah blah blah. Then Nancy will have to tear the kids apart on cross and make her look like the bad guy. I think That’s what the defense is hoping will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn