GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And, I don't think this jury will actually give her a pass. Jmo!

Lots of defendants have mental illnesses and are still found guilty of murder and other charges. Even Jodi Arias was found guilty having a mental illness and some thought she was attractive.

I don't think mental illness should be an excuse to get out of murder. If you know right from wrong. Look at the Slendarman case. Or looking like a meek child defendant, Evan though she is 18 and an adult.

jmo imo moo

GUILTY - WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

I thought it interesting today when the doctor was on the stand, he was giving glowing accolades about how good the mmpi was as it had been around for 60 years and it is the golden standard.

Yet when she gave the list, the prosecutor, of neonaticide, he said that was an outdated and Old Paper.

She was ready for it wasn't she when she said it was still the reference to standard. Again I'm with everybody else, couldn't believe that he denied knowing of this information and check list for such.

Now, you have me wondering how often stillborn babies are taken to safe havens??

ETA:. Wouldn't that increase possible investigation to locate the birth mother??

Posted rules/link to OJFS in prior thread - they will accept infant up to 30 days old, and can't accept an abused child.

Only a birth parent can take child to organization pursuant to Safe Haven protection, and it's anonymous.

Providing baby was not breathing as BSR reports, I believe if she went to hospital/FD/PD with infant and said my baby is not breathing, they'd probably examine, seek medical attention, and determine it was stillborn or DOA.

As only birth parent can take child to Safe Haven, there'd be no need to investigate/ locate the birth mother.

Who can take a newborn to a Safe Haven?

The birth parent (mother or father) can take a child to a Safe Haven. The law provides protection from prosecution only for the child 's parents.

If the infant is left with a person at one of these places, and has not been abused, the parent will face no legal consequences for making this choice. bbm

What information will the birth parent have to provide?

The birth parent is not required to provide any information, including his or her name. However, it would help the baby if the birth parent chose to provide basic health information

What happens next?

If the baby needs medical attention, it will be provided. The professional staff person who accepts the baby will contact the county children services agency; and the baby will be placed in an adoptive home. There are many families who want to adopt a baby.

Complete details at link below.

ODJFS Online | Safe Havens

Last edited:
Now, you have me wondering how often stillborn babies are taken to safe havens??

ETA:. Wouldn't that increase possible investigation to locate the birth mother??

Really good question. I don't think dropping off a stillborn baby at a safe haven would be a no-questions-asked situation. I would think it would absolutely trigger law enforcement being contacted and an investigation for instance looking at surveillance videos from the area, etc.

If the baby in this case was really stillborn I just don't think there WAS a safe haven, no-questions-asked equivalent. Even going a non-anonymous route such as taking baby to hospital, police, or fire departments is going to trigger a law enforcement investigation into the mother in the situation where it was a pregnancy that appeared to be hidden from others and not receiving standard prenatal care.

Last edited:
Actually, the good professor for the defense did use the term COERCE. Did you watch his testimony? No need to agree that her confession was false, but factually, yes, COERCE is a term still being applied to false confessions, and one testified to by the good professor.

The expert I heard used words intimidated, planted memory, force fed her words. I don't know his identity, or if this was good professor(?). He was also stopped by Judge and told he could not give opinion if false confession, and jury instructed accordingly.

Brown: #SkylarRichardson was always kind to everyone. Even the kids that didn’t hang out in our group she always included everyone @Local12

Angenette Levy on Twitter
That means absolutely nothing. Many psychos are kind (or better said....they seem kind....).
Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy looked pretty much like "gentlemen" o_Oo_O

Last edited:
It’s not a vague or absurd diagnosis. It’s a recognised and well documented condition, and presumably he has sufficient documentation to show she was diagnosed with it prior to all the events of the trial.

I’m disappointed by the amount of dismissive and judgemental comments throughout this thread in relation to mental health (not specifically talking about the poster above here). People armchair-diagnosing conditions and disregarding the official diagnoses of qualified professionals. Conflating a severe eating disorder with “vanity”/ “caring too much about her looks”.

Whether you believe she is guilty or not, mental illness is every bit as real and inescapable as diabetes or a broken leg and it’s incredibly ignorant to speak so dismissively about these conditions. It’s highly likely there will be others reading here with similar struggles and diagnoses, and it’s this dismissive, disbelieving attitude that stops so many people from reaching out and getting the help they need.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk ;)

BBM. Thanks for bringing up that very important point. I think from what I learned today, BSR is more deeply and seriously disturbed than I initially thought. A chronic, serious eating disorder can have a devastating impact on fetal development and can lead to stillbirth. And no evidence it was a live birth. No evidence she knew of her pregnancy prior to April. If she didn't know of her pregnancy, she couldn't be intentionally "hiding" it. It would not surprise me if her mother no longer lives in that house with her. This is a very tragic case and I can understand why several women's rights group support her.

JMO

Posted rules/link to OJFS in prior thread - they will accept infant up to 30 days old, and can't accept an abused child.

Only a birth parent can take child to organization pursuant to Safe Haven protection, and it's anonymous.

Providing baby was not breathing as BSR reports, I believe if she went to hospital/FD/PD with infant and said my baby is not breathing, they'd probably examine, seek medical attention, and determine it was stillborn or DOA.

As only birth parent can take child to Safe Haven, there'd be no need to investigate/ locate the birth mother.

Who can take a newborn to a Safe Haven?

The birth parent (mother or father) can take a child to a Safe Haven. The law provides protection from prosecution only for the child 's parents.

If the infant is left with a person at one of these places, and has not been abused, the parent will face no legal consequences for making this choice.

What information will the birth parent have to provide?

The birth parent is not required to provide any information, including his or her name. However, it would help the baby if the birth parent chose to provide basic health information

What happens next?

If the baby needs medical attention, it will be provided. The professional staff person who accepts the baby will contact the county children services agency; and the baby will be placed in an adoptive home. There are many families who want to adopt a baby.

Complete details at link below.

ODJFS Online | Safe Havens
Here is a question: Do 15, 16 17 & 18 year old high school kids know this??? I think Safe Haven information should be posted or mentioned in every health class. Unwed teen mothers will be having babies forever. Maybe it can help reduce the risk of neonatacide & give the next Skyler or her friend the knowledge needed to encourage this choice. This is a fairly new law it isnt something most young teen girls are focused on.

I think she was a self absorbed teenager that was caught. She wanted to just sweep it under the rug and pretend like it didnt happen by any means possible. Her confession was from her mouth only to the police and her parents. Police did nothing wrong. Putting the baby in the dirt and getting rid of all evidence and her texts .....hope they find her guilty of all charges.

I think that Skylar, throughout her adolescence certainly and possibly earlier than that back into her childhood, has made most of her behavior choices based on fear (instead of love or in seeking joy or peace).
* Fear of her mother
* Fear of rejection
* Fear of confrontation and conflict
* Fear of not being good enough

etc etc etc. So although she might have been kind and gentle in most social situations, she was behaving that way because she was afraid of making other people angry or that they might not accept her or she saw the rejection or pain other some other people or creatures experienced and understood their fear.

The problem with constantly trying to avoid all the things that make you afraid is that eventually some of those things will conflict. In this case, even if she might have had or eventually been helped to develop a trace of love for her baby and made a better choice, she had way too much fear to ever get that far. She might truly enjoy children and love babies in general, for example, but her fear about what might happen because of THIS baby was about a million times bigger than that love.

It's not an uncommon coping mechanism if your brain is bathed in a broth of self-hatred on a daily basis for whatever reason--of course you are too busy being afraid to experience and perpetuate real love in the world.

Here is a question: Do 15, 16 17 & 18 year old high school kids know this??? I think Safe Haven information should be posted or mentioned in every health class. Unwed teen mothers will be having babies forever. Maybe it can help reduce the risk of neonatacide & give the next Skyler or her friend the knowledge needed to encourage this choice. This is a fairly new law it isnt something most young teen girls are focused on.
What a good thought - maybe something not terrible that could come out of this horrible case is a bigger effort to educate teenagers about Safe Haven laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23