GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking in this thread since this trial started. Finally decided to create an account and jump in. So Hi! :)

This thread offers more insightful commentary than the talking heads over at CourtTV and Law and Crime. So big props to all of you in here. Really engaging discussion.

Anyway, now that all the evidence is in, I feel like state is standing on much stronger ground than when they started. The cross exam of the two expert defense witnesses by Kraft were a knock out imo. The way she brought up nanoticide especially today was DEFT! I think the psych expert's assessment about BSR is not far off - I just don't agree with his claim that she was coerced or influenced into giving false statements in that interview. I agree that lighting the baby on fire doesn't make sense - but I'm not going to discard all the other admissions she made just because of that one "admission." I think some folks and the defense want to bank on the jury throwing out her confession in its entirety based on that one "extreme" statement. Jury will be instructed that they can choose what to believe and what not to believe. They're not required to throw out a whole confession because of a couple nonsensical statements.

I think both interviews are damaging to the defense and they know it, hence why we spent most of today with useless "character witnesses."

<------ This is an excellent analysis! I think even though defense, wisely, didn't want the jury to get the FULL assessment, the jury will put 2 and 2 together. Because the texts between Skylar and her mother make clear to me that Kim knew her daughter was pregnant and tacitly encouraged Skylar's subsequent actions.

Welcome to websleuths!!

What a good thought - maybe something not terrible that could come out of this horrible case is a bigger effort to educate teenagers about Safe Haven laws.

Here’s the Ohio Safe Havens pamphlet. I think it should be a mandatory hand-out to every girl entering middle school all the way through high school. The information also should widely posted in schools, hospitals, doctors offices, malls and other public places.

JMO

Attachments

• E7267E06-CE9F-448F-A886-D48C7368376A.jpeg
    E7267E06-CE9F-448F-A886-D48C7368376A.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 12
I was watching Dr Stewart Bassman’s testimony again from today and during redirect, Mr Rittgers mentioned that Dr Wong found a search on BSR phone/computer by BSR on “Babypedia” regarding baby clothes?

I searched the keywords “Babypedia”, “Babypedia” and “Babiepedia” and couldn’t come up with anything other than an Amazon book by the name of Babypedia and an Instagram user with the name of Babipedia.

I couldn’t find any baby clothing sites or any other baby informational sites with that name.

Amazon book - ‘Babypedia’ - https://www.amazon.com/Babypedia/dp/344217564X

IG - ’Babipedia’ - Babipedia (@babipedia) • Instagram photos and videos

And no matches that I could find of a domain name with the spelling of ‘Babiepedia’

JMO

Maybe this page, but I haven’t found anything about baby clothes here:
Welcome to BabyPedia™ -- The Baby Encyclopedia
BabyPedia™ - The Baby Encyclopedia - Home Page

ETA:
Oops ... WinterHike already posts this one.

My daughter got pregnant at 18 and wasn't married. She was afraid how her dad and I would react. So she would wear oversized tshirts and kind of lean forward to hide her growing belly. She wasn't married at the time. Once we found out we told her we loved her and it was okay. The thing was she hadn't been to a Dr yet and was living with her boyfriend 500 miles away. I took her to my Dr to have him express how important it was to see a Dr. Then when she got home she started going to an OB/GYN.

I'd rather have a medical examiner or forensic pathologist than a coroner. Coroner's aren't always required to have specific experience... Elected, not appointed. Jmo

I'm unsure of the qualifications of the coroner in this part of OH

I remember looking this up a few months ago, and "coroners" are the law in State of Ohio-- with the exception of two counties that abolished the office of coroner and created the office of medical examiner (N/A this case).

County coroner is elected for term of 4 years; and must be licensed physician for at least 2 years.

From Ohio CDC

I think she was a self absorbed teenager that was caught. She wanted to just sweep it under the rug and pretend like it didnt happen by any means possible. Her confession was from her mouth only to the police and her parents. Police did nothing wrong. Putting the baby in the dirt and getting rid of all evidence and her texts .....hope they find her guilty of all charges.
BBM. Not true! BSR first told the doctor what had happened and he contacted police. I think it is very important to stick to known facts.

JMO

OBGYN says Skylar Richardson told her ‘I had it alone in my house and I buried it in my backyard'

OBGYN says Skylar Richardson told her ‘I had it alone in my house and I buried it in my backyard'

BBM. Not true! BSR first told the doctor what had happened and he contacted police. I think it is very important to stick to known facts.

JMO

What are you talking about?
I know this whole thing was started from her telling the doctor. I am talking about how everyone is saying her confession was false because of detectives. I am saying she admitted the truth to her parents and detectives on her own accord and there was no false confession.

Thank you. Yes I saw that one too but didn’t see any information or items for babies on that page.

I’m pretty sure Rittgers said she was looking for baby clothes on Babypedia but I’ll have to go back and rewatch it again to be sure.

I doubt anybody from prosecution looked up Babypedia -- like we did!!

First, the shopping link does not work, and I doubt BSR went further than their home page -- quickly tuned out just seeing the first paragraph-- childcare, crying, breastfeeding - Nope!

It is traditional in western society for children to be looked after by one or both of their parents.... the childcare role is taken on by the extended family. ...

Infants cry as a form of basic instinctive communication. A crying infant may be trying to express a variety of feelings including hunger, discomfort, over-stimulation, boredom, wanting something, or loneliness.

Breastfeeding is the recommended method of feeding by all major infant health organizations

BabyPedia™ - The Baby Encyclopedia - Home Page

What are you talking about?
I know this whole thing was started from her telling the doctor. I am talking about how everyone is saying her confession was false because of detectives. I am saying she admitted the truth to her parents and detectives on her own accord and there was no false confession.
The jury was played portions of BSR interviews with detectives and I watched and listened carefully. I was appalled with some of their comments in the second interview. BSR was asked leading questions and she responded with what she thought detectives wanted to hear.

I don't believe she held a lighter to the baby's feet and flames went all the way to the chest. I don't believe a new born baby "gurgles." I also don't believe a young woman with an eating disorder so severe an OB/GYN was off on his prediction of her due date by 2.5 months is going to deliver a healthy, full-term baby. And, in this case, she didn't.

JMO

The jury was played portions of BSR interviews with detectives and I watched and listened carefully. I was appalled with some of their comments in the second interview. BSR was asked leading questions and she responded with what she thought detectives wanted to hear.

I don't believe she held a lighter to the baby's feet and flames went all the way to the chest. I don't believe a new born baby "gurgles." I also don't believe a young woman with an eating disorder so severe an OB/GYN was off on his prediction of her due date by 2.5 months is going to deliver a healthy, full-term baby. And, in this case, she didn't.

JMO
Sorry, disagree with everything you posted.

Also, I am pretty sure no one thinks she lit the foot on fire and it went to her chest. I never even heard of that scenario.

JMO

This is a trial. I believe O/P is referring to direct evidence, and not witness (doctor's) testimony. Statements made by BSR at the police station under Miranda warning is direct evidence. It was recorded - we saw and heard what came out of her mouth.

JMO

Supposedly, she only had unprotected sex once. I don't recall in the dialogue on the stand that that was ever mentioned. If I had sex once with "T", I would assume that the doctor would have been relayed that information as to the date. Why wasn't it?

Sorry, disagree with everything you posted.

Also, I am pretty sure no one thinks she lit the foot on fire and it went to her chest. I never even heard of that scenario.

In a police report detailed in court, a detective wrote that Richardson lit her baby’s foot on fire with a lighter. The flames flared up to the baby’s chest before Richardson put them out.

We'll agree to disagree. The "scenario" of the foot on fire was part of the trial.

Cheerleader accused of killing newborn told her dad 'I tried to cremate the baby'

That scenario is EXACTLY what LE proposed to her in the 2nd interrogation, and EXACTLY what she confessed happened.

Gosh, I sure didn't hear that. I will definitely need to go back and listen. Either way, the fire has nothing to do with the actual death that Skylar committed.

This is a trial. I believe O/P is referring to direct evidence, and not witness (doctor's) testimony. Statements made by BSR at the police station under Miranda warning is direct evidence. It was recorded - we saw and heard what came out of her mouth.

I responded to what the O/P posted. No mention of the term "direct evidence."

I have no reason to believe the doctor lied about she said she did. Especially considering police used that information to initiate a criminal investigation.

JMO

Supposedly, she only had unprotected sex once. I don't recall in the dialogue on the stand that that was ever mentioned. If I had sex once with "T", I would assume that the doctor would have been relayed that information as to the date. Why wasn't it?
I think what she was asked was the date of her last menstrual period and her periods were irregular because of her eating disorder. Her current boyfriend was in the picture, too.

JMO

In a police report detailed in court, a detective
In a police report detailed in court, a detective wrote that Richardson lit her baby’s foot on fire with a lighter. The flames flared up to the baby’s chest before Richardson put them out.

We'll agree to disagree. The "scenario" of the foot on fire was part of the trial.

Cheerleader accused of killing newborn told her dad 'I tried to cremate the baby'

Richardson put them out.

Thanks for the info. I will need to go back and research more. I could definitely be wrong on not remembering it.
It has no bearing on her guilt one way or another.

It wasn't relayed to doctor because BSR lied to the doctor and his medical assistant when she gave the date of her last period. He did not have accurate information to determine approximate conception.

According to OBGYN testimony, BSR told both doctor and medical assistant that her last period was in March/ April 2017, but her urine tested positive for pregnant. Also, she never reported to her OBGYN that she had irregular periods. In fact, I believe she told them all was normal.

Later at police department, BSR told her dad that Tre was the father -- a fact undisputed by all parties. Tre testified they had unprotected sex in August 2016--prior to him starting his freshman year at Wright State.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members