Found Deceased OR - Sean Michael Moss, 29, & Madison Moss, 2, Roseburg, 9 August 2019

I saw this case on live pd and I’ve been waiting for Websleuths to come back so I could start following this thread.

Anyways this is very scary. I am sure his mother/her grandmother is terrified. I hope they get some answers soon.

Seems like they should be looking for a possible car accident if the last time they were seen was around 11:30 pm and he was expected to be at the fair the next day.

The thing is, if he was going home from where he apparently was, there's not a lot of places where he could have been in an accident where they wouldn't have been found. It's like a 5-10 minute drive, mostly on I-5.

Wow, this is a real mystery. If Sean was doing so well, and there are no co-parenting issues with bio-Mom why would he leave? He has an older daughter who he seems to be involved with too. From some of the comments here, it doesn't seem like a car accident with an undiscovered vehicle is likely.

Did Sean have a girlfriend? Does he have his cell phone with him? Any bank activity? He has a two year old with him, so he is going to need to need to buy diapers and food. Who was the friend whose house he left at midnight? I'd like to see an interview with that person.

Last, why are foster parents involved? His Mom seems to be close with him so he has family support, are the fosters court ordered?

Wow, this is a real mystery. If Sean was doing so well, and there are no co-parenting issues with bio-Mom why would he leave? He has an older daughter who he seems to be involved with too. From some of the comments here, it doesn't seem like a car accident with an undiscovered vehicle is likely.

Did Sean have a girlfriend? Does he have his cell phone with him? Any bank activity? He has a two year old with him, so he is going to need to need to buy diapers and food. Who was the friend whose house he left at midnight? I'd like to see an interview with that person.

Last, why are foster parents involved? His Mom seems to be close with him so he has family support, are the fosters court ordered?
I have found no court record that would create a foster situation. The court records with respect to Madison show the State of Oregon initiating a child support action on behalf of the Madison's mother back in 2017 - this means Madison's mother was receiving some sort of state assistance. That support was terminated in April of 2018. This would be when Sean was given custody as there are no other parties to the case. The latest activity is that Madison's mother went to court for parenting time/custody in March of this year and the case is on-going. It is still in mediation. Sean was a no show for a mediation session on August 1st per the docket. There is zero indication that there would be any kind of change in custody based on the docket but rather some sort of change with regards to visitation.

I don't know what the situation is with regards to Madison's mother and whether whatever changes related to visitation she was seeking is why Sean and Madison are missing. Don't want to sleuth too far in that direction.

I have found no court record that would create a foster situation. The court records with respect to Madison show the State of Oregon initiating a child support action on behalf of the Madison's mother back in 2017 - this means Madison's mother was receiving some sort of state assistance. That support was terminated in April of 2018. This would be when Sean was given custody as there are no other parties to the case. The latest activity is that Madison's mother went to court for parenting time/custody in March of this year and the case is on-going. It is still in mediation. Sean was a no show for a mediation session on August 1st per the docket. There is zero indication that there would be any kind of change in custody based on the docket but rather some sort of change with regards to visitation.

I don't know what the situation is with regards to Madison's mother and whether whatever changes related to visitation she was seeking is why Sean and Madison are missing. Don't want to sleuth too far in that direction.
Ohhhh, thank you Jethro. That's a bit of a different story than what Mom shared in the interview. I reviewed the court records, this situation makes a bit more sense now.

Ohhhh, thank you Jethro. That's a bit of a different story than what Mom shared in the interview. I reviewed the court records, this situation makes a bit more sense now.
I am not sure what is going on here but I am sure there is something that is not being shared because the timing of them going missing along with the timing of the activities on the court docket is too much of a coincidence for me.

I agree also, but they still need to be found safe and sound so let's keep their thread active. If they are alive and safe, he's got to be buying supplies. How planned might this have been I wonder, if it's voluntary?

From the story you linked we now know who had last seen them.

29-year-old Sean Michael Moss and his daughter, Madison Moss were reported missing on Monday, August 12 at 10:18 a.m.
They were last seen by Moss' co-worker on the evening of Friday, August 9.
Family members were expecting Sean and Madison to attend the Douglas County Fair on August 10, but they did not arrive.​

They have both been added to NAMUS.

Madison's NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Original

I’m so confused. Is this a father on the lam with his daughter to avoid her mother regaining custody? Some parts of MSM sound as if the family and the police don’t consider him a suspect. So... where are they? Taken? An unfound accident?

I’m so confused. Is this a father on the lam with his daughter to avoid her mother regaining custody? Some parts of MSM sound as if the family and the police don’t consider him a suspect. So... where are they? Taken? An unfound accident?
Not on the lam. Mom doesn't have custody of either child of hers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back