GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually hope they DON'T bring back Donald D to testify as to what he claims to have seen on the cell phone. If I were a defense attorney that would be a golden bar to be able to cross examine him. First of all, it will easily be stated he is simply trying to get out of his upcoming charges.

But WAY more important is this fact. Supposedly he was shown a picture on a cell phone of SM's at a family function at some point after the twosome came back from jail. Now, if I'm a defense attorney, do you think I'm going to let slide the fact that he is claiming SM had a pictures of HE on his phone for over a year, that showed something nefarious? Remember, his phones had been seized in the searches. Not a chance in hell he had something on his phone that would incriminate himself. Where would he have hidden it for a year while in jail, that the police wouldn't have found it with their search warrants?

No, I'm not sure I believed that testimony the first time around. I somehow don't think these defense attorneys are as stupid as the last ones and might not let that slip past.

A thought crossed my mind about TM testifying. Suppose she got on the stand for the defense and basically said I kidnapped her, SM had nothing to do with it. She's already been convicted of it, so it wouldn't affect her one bit. But it WOULD create some doubt to a jury as to whether SM was involved.
The only thing that ruins my thought on this...is I can't imagine her doing that to help him, without it benefitting her in some way. Not a chance!

I actually hope they DON'T bring back Donald D to testify as to what he claims to have seen on the cell phone. If I were a defense attorney that would be a golden bar to be able to cross examine him. First of all, it will easily be stated he is simply trying to get out of his upcoming charges.

But WAY more important is this fact. Supposedly he was shown a picture on a cell phone of SM's at a family function at some point after the twosome came back from jail. Now, if I'm a defense attorney, do you think I'm going to let slide the fact that he is claiming SM had a pictures of HE on his phone for over a year, that showed something nefarious? Remember, his phones had been seized in the searches. Not a chance in hell he had something on his phone that would incriminate himself. Where would he have hidden it for a year while in jail, that the police wouldn't have found it with their search warrants?

No, I'm not sure I believed that testimony the first time around. I somehow don't think these defense attorneys are as stupid as the last ones and might not let that slip past.

I understand it's a huge risk to put him on the stand. But he already testified at TM's trial, was cross examined, and all these points were brought up. He does have new charges, and I can't remember if there were pending charges when he testified at TM's trial, but it seemed he wasn't going to get any legal breaks from testifying. He did risk alienating his family (not just SM/TM, but his own family) if I recall. My impression of his testimony was that he couldn't live with what he saw. MOO. My memory is that the photo was on a burner phone, not a phone that could be traced to SM. So it could have been hidden anywhere or held by someone else. I'm not convinced that there aren't other (extended) family members who know what happened to Heather. MOO.

Didn't SM state, that TM was not aware that he had phoned Heather, using the payphone.
So is SM trying to not implicate TM, in enticing Heather to go to TLP?
Therefore SM, is certainly is not trying to implicate TM.
MOO.

Okay - I have a favor to ask of you all - since I'm "trying" to watch 3 different trials. If you all - could state "who" is on the stand & their "role" [i.e. police, cell expert, etc.) in this trial. That would help me in keeping my notes straight! :)

Anyone know "what" happened after lunch? I read there was a cell expert, but no name.

TIA! :)

Thursday, Sept. 12th:
*Trial Continues (Day 4) (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 4, 2013, not found) - *Sidney St.Clair Moorer (38/now 43) arrested (2/23/14), charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (4/27/18) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $30K Surety Bond.
Was to be tried in Georgetown County, but Judge brings it back to Horry County (6/21/19)
Trial began on 9/9/19 with jury selection. Jury: 6 women & 6 men, with 2 alternates: 1 woman & 1 man.

9/9/19 Day 1-Jury Selection. Jury: 6 men & 6 women, alternates: 1 woman & 1 man. Court will start at 9:30 tomorrow morning 9/10.
9/10/19 Day 2: Opening statements by both sides. State witnesses: Jessica Cooke (Front Of House Manager at Titled Kilt). Jody Davenport (worked at the Tilted Kilt with Elvis). Dennis Hart (was the kitchen manager at TK). Ronald Witt (Works for T-Mobile (15 years) in the law enforcement relations group). Steven (Stefano) Schiraldi (friend of Heather's). Steven's mother. Bree Warrelmann-Kulzer (Heather's friend & roommate). Officer Casey Guskiewicz (employed at the Horry County Police Department for 7 years, was patrolman at the time). Jurors watch his dash-cam footage. Trial continues on 9/11.
9/11/19 Day 3: State witnesses: Danny Furr (sergeant in the training division for HCPD. In 2013, he was a corporal on patrol). HCPD Officer KC Canterbury (2013 worked patrol). Amanda Nigro (Frontier Communications, maintaining payphones and payphone records in 2013). John Martin (worked as a violent-crimes detective for HCPD in 2013). Martin's interview with Moorer is played for the jury. No name, cell expert. Trial continues on 9/12.
*Tammy Lorinda Caison Moorer (41/now 46) – Trial on 10/8/18 found guilty of kidnapping & conspiracy to kidnapping. Sentenced to 30 years for each charge, to be served concurrently with time served for any time served thus far (5 yrs). Not eligible for parole.

My local LE friend seems to think that TM may testify against SM in exchange for a sentence reduction. Well, his exact wording was "she could get downward departure on her 30 year sentence".

I'm skeptical about that myself because I feel like that would be a super risky thing for her to do. She slips up and says the wrong thing and they might both be looking at a murder charge in their future. Although, what would that really matter to TM at this point. Her expected release is 2048, so she's probably going to die in prison anyway. She might think it's worth the risk.

I personally think TM was moved on the off chance that her presence will be needed, for whatever unknown and unexpected reason. (I assume this is also why SM was moved during her trial.)

I wonder how many women write to Sidney, we know there has to be some. Maybe S&T have a falling out, yes I see the ring but that could be a play by his lawyers. Pretend to still be united.

If I was on the jury, and heard him speaking to LE and not even mention the payphones I would very much wonder what else he hasn't told us. I think this time, it will be a guilty verdict. He had no reason to call her.

What goes through these peoples minds, lets call her and get her to meet you. Then what? There is no way, HM would meet him if he wasn't sweet talking her. And she had no clue how evil him and TM are.

Not that I really want to think about the married couples sexcapades that night...I completely forgot that TM had taken pics of them doing the nasty deeds and texted them to HE that night. I don't recall hearing about any texts from the couple to HE from the Malson guy. Did I miss that?

Okay - I have a favor to ask of you all - since I'm "trying" to watch 3 different trials. If you all - could state "who" is on the stand & their "role" [i.e. police, cell expert, etc.) in this trial. That would help me in keeping my notes straight! :)

Anyone know "what" happened after lunch? I read there was a cell expert, but no name.

I'll try my best, but I work remotely, and sometimes I have to actually work. Remotely. Ha! I missed about 3 hours yesterday, but I think this article covers the afternoon: Day three of Sidney Moorer retrial focuses on phone records

Here are the ones I definitely missed (from the article):
Roxanne Love with SLED [South Carolina Law Enforcement Division] testified to getting surveillance footage from Walmart on Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach.
Brian Wilson, a detective with HCPD took the stand and testified to getting surviellance video from the Circle K on Mr. Joe White Avenue and Seaboard Street that shows a person using a pay phone for about five minutes.
Michael Nelson, the CEO of Hawk Analytics, a software company that maps out phone records testified that he anaylzed Sidney and Tammy Moorer’s phones and Heather Elvis’ phone.

I think that's it. Hope this helps, Niner.

Any “bombshells” yesterday?

Catching up, thanks for the updates!

—-

Bringing forward some of the MSM:

Here’s what Sidney Moorer told police about phone calls the day Heather Elvis went missing
SEPTEMBER 11, 2019 https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article234970427.html

Tammy Moorer back in Horry County as husband’s kidnapping retrial continues
September 11, 2019

“Since her sentencing, Tammy has been at the Leath Correctional Institution in Greenwood, but was brought back Wednesday to Horry County. Records at J. Reuben Long Detention Center showed she was booked at 3:16 p.m. It’s not clear if she will testify in her husband’s retrial.”

—-

Day three of Sidney Moorer retrial focuses on phone records
Sep 11, 2019

“The prosecution called multiple members of law enforcement to the stand where phone records dominated much of Wednesday’s testimony.”

Snip

“Danny Furr and KC Cantebury with Horry County Police and former HCPD officer Jon Martin all testified there were inconsistenicies with Sidney’s story of when he last spoke with Heather Elvis.”

Sidney Moorer trial, day 2: Police officers take the stand
September 11th 2019

Sidney Moorer on the second day of his retrial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis, Sept. 11, 2019. (Credit: Alex Lang/The Sun News)

Last edited:
I'll try my best, but I work remotely, and sometimes I have to actually work. Remotely. Ha! I missed about 3 hours yesterday, but I think this article covers the afternoon: Day three of Sidney Moorer retrial focuses on phone records

Here are the ones I definitely missed (from the article):

I think that's it. Hope this helps, Niner.
I agree with the testimony regarding SM’s contact with HE. How can he possibly say he has had no contact and then turn around and say she was stalking him? There would then be multiple calls from her to him recorded on his phone if the staking claim was true. But what I think hurts him the most is he was the one who initiated the contact that night.
Do we have a timeline of his activity that night? Got the 1:19am Walmart purchase and the 1:33 pay phone call. 3:30 last known activity from HE phone. I missed the Times he claimed he and TM were having their date night (to put it nicely). As well as what time he says they were home when he made her food.

Also, pretty please, state if it is prosecution or defence asking the questions. I have no streaming. Only updates here.

I was looking around and can't seem to find the transcripts for SM talking outside his house, and the one with the interview, about the payphone. Do we have them here?

This one? starts about the 8:40 mark:

Found one:
Moorer Case Discussion

KC- Hi there I'm officer Canterbury what's your name sir? Sidney
Sidney.- I know why you're here. At least it's assuming to know why you're here. Got your voicemail I was getting ready to call you back.
KC- What's your relationship with Heather Elvis?
Sidney- Sir there is no relationship. There was a relationship but I broke it off. The other night she called my phone blew it up like...
KC -Stop you right there and let you look it over already got phone records for the last month. 360 something text between your phone number and her phone number.
Sidney - I can tell you what happened, my wife is the only one with my phone. I'll be honest my wife found out and I ended it because we both said this ain't right for our kids. So we decided to patch it up. My wife actually took my phone and put a lock on it. I will show you this is the last message I sent to her and a . is what she sent back I talked to her either last night or the night before I can't remember.
KC- If we find out you're lying then you're hindering an investigation we need to find her.
Sidney- First time she called I didn't answer then the second time I answered and told her not to call anymore she said “Fine *advertiser censored** it” and she hung up.
KC- That's all she said was *advertiser censored** it and hung up?
Sidney - Yes.
KC- (inaudible)
Sidney - I have no idea I don't know where she was when she called look I'm trying to fix things with my wife family and keep things like they're supposed to be and go on.
KC- I was just told that her dad called?
Sidney- Yes and I actually have text messages where he said return his call immediately. I won't ask you again where Heather is but I want you to know I'm going to get answers. Then he called me, I answered he said but you have kids you better watch (inaudible) or I'll find you.
Sidney- I have a loaded gun sitting by my bed in the house if someone comes in the house they're not going to leave house.
KC - He's just trying to find his daughter

Sidney- I'm not denying me and her having a relationship, but I ended it. We were getting ready to go on vacation and all the s*** hit the fan. I said look, this has gotta stop, its gotta end. Went on vacation, went to Disneyland... the whole thing...came back. While we were out there we did a lot of talking sitting in the car. She cried, I cried...she smacked me a few times. I didn't hit her back but it doesn't matter, she smacked me a couple times whatever, we kind of worked it out.
KC- when did you say you got back from out of town?
Sidney- two weeks ago something like that last saw her the end of October.
KC- Where were you at this Wednesday? Give me a brief for rundown of what you did.
Sidney- Straightened up in the yard, work Wednesday night at Sticky Fingers...
KC- On the morning time what two or something where were you when she was trying to call you?
Sidney- we were in the bed... me and my wife were in the bed.
KC -Did you at any point go down around the Peachtree landing area?
Sidney -No.
KC- So nothing is going to show up on you and that area? We pull the track records where your phone's been it didn't go anywhere near Peachtree Landing?
Sidney- No
KC -Just called the Dad and I just let him know you must have called the police. He doesn't know where she is so we're good on that?
Sidney yeah as long as he doesn't show up we're fine, I mean I understand.
KC- He's not going to show up. You know of any other boyfriends she had trouble with?
Sidney- All I know is that she dated one of the beer runners at the Tilted Kilt and that's it.
KC -Drivers for the beer company?
Sidney yes.
-KC Which one?
Sidney- Think it's better brands, I wouldn't swear on it.
KC- How old is he?
Sidney- I have no idea don't know if they have to be 21 to drive I think they do.
KC -Have you heard his name before?
Sidney- Ahhh no, never heard his name.
KC -she never talked to you about him?
Sidney- No it's just someone was giving me s*** one day in there because I think some people knew we were trying to see each other.
KC- You still working at the Tilted Kilt?
Sidney- No. When all the s*** hit the fan I called and said look I can't work here anymore. My wife doesn't want me working here anymore. (Sid laughs)
KC- Okay appreciate it.
Sidney- Not a problem

My local LE friend seems to think that TM may testify against SM in exchange for a sentence reduction. Well, his exact wording was "she could get downward departure on her 30 year sentence".

I'm skeptical about that myself because I feel like that would be a super risky thing for her to do. She slips up and says the wrong thing and they might both be looking at a murder charge in their future. Although, what would that really matter to TM at this point. Her expected release is 2048, so she's probably going to die in prison anyway. She might think it's worth the risk.

I personally think TM was moved on the off chance that her presence will be needed, for whatever unknown and unexpected reason. (I assume this is also why SM was moved during her trial.)
Someone earlier brought up double jeopardy. Does that apply for kidnapping? If it does, ad you say, there could be future murder charges.
If I got all that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member