Jonbenet Last Photo at White’s Christmas Party

I ran across new released photo of Jonbenet at the White’s Christmas Party. John released it. I
Remember there was interest in the photo to see what she wearing. I would love to hear input from fellow sleuths.
Google Image Result for https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article18800954.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_New-suspect-unmasked-in-JonnBenet-Ramsey-murder-case-as-serial-killer-theory-emerges.jpg

It's a black velvet vest over a white top with a star on it. If someone has a better photo of that particular vest, I'd like to see it. It's probably from the Gap.

"TT: What color of top did she wear to bed that night? What color top was she wearing actually to the White’s house like?

PR: Well she wore this little outfit that I had gotten her at the Gap. We had a little, little riff over that, cause I wanted her to wear, I was wearing a red sweater and I wanted her to wear this red sweater with her black velvet pant, cause I was wearing black velvet paths [sic] and it was Christmas and all that.

TT: Um hum.

PR: And she didn’t want to wear the red shirt just because I was wearing it. She wanted to wear the shirt that went with the outfit which was a Gap outfit that I had bought her when we went shopping for her and it was a little white, kind of neck like this, kind of a . . .

TT: Kind of a crew neck?

PR: . . .crew neck and it had a little, little rhinestone, little kind of sequin kind of star thing on it.

TT: Okay.

PR: So I just left that on her.

TT: Okay. And I’m sorry. What kind of pants, what color of pants. . .

PR: They were black velvet. Black velvet jeans, kind of like, from the Gap. Some little black velvet vest."

She isn't wearing a Christmas outfit or dressed in Christmas colors. She also appears to be laying on her stomach and looking up when the photo is taken by someone a few feet away and kneeling.

Don't know if that helps but that's what I noticed.

It's a black velvet vest over a white top with a star on it. If someone has a better photo of that particular vest, I'd like to see it. It's probably from the Gap.

"TT: What color of top did she wear to bed that night? What color top was she wearing actually to the White’s house like?

PR: Well she wore this little outfit that I had gotten her at the Gap. We had a little, little riff over that, cause I wanted her to wear, I was wearing a red sweater and I wanted her to wear this red sweater with her black velvet pant, cause I was wearing black velvet paths [sic] and it was Christmas and all that.

PR: And she didn’t want to wear the red shirt just because I was wearing it. She wanted to wear the shirt that went with the outfit which was a Gap outfit that I had bought her when we went shopping for her and it was a little white, kind of neck like this, kind of a . . .

PR: . . .crew neck and it had a little, little rhinestone, little kind of sequin kind of star thing on it.

PR: They were black velvet. Black velvet jeans, kind of like, from the Gap. Some little black velvet vest."

I guess Patsy told the truth. When they found Jonbenet she had a double ponytail. Not fixed that way in the photo. Supposedly went straight to bed.

developed and well nourished caucasian female body measures 47 inches in length and weighs an estimated 45 pounds.The scalp is covered by long blonde hair which is fixed in two ponytails, one on top of the head secured by a cloth hair tie and blue elastic band, and one in the lower back of the head secured by a blue elastic band. No scalp trauma is identified. The external auditory canals are patent and free of blood. The eyes are green and the pupils"

Patsy and JonBenet apparently had a lengthy row over what JonBenet wore to the party. Patsy wanted them to dress like twins, with JonBenet wearing a red turtleneck to match Patsy's red sweater.

Legal Eagle suggested on a different forum (and maybe here for all I know) that Patsy might have changed JonBenet into the red turtleneck before bed because Patsy wanted her to be wearing it on the plane. According to Ofc. French's report of Dec. 26 Patsy told him that JonBenet "had been dressed in white long underwear and a red turtleneck" before bed. Patsy subsequently changed her story.

Patsy and JonBenet apparently had a lengthy row over what JonBenet wore to the party. Patsy wanted them to dress like twins, with JonBenet wearing a red turtleneck to match Patsy's red sweater.

Legal Eagle suggested on a different forum (and maybe here for all I know) that Patsy might have changed JonBenet into the red turtleneck before bed because Patsy wanted her to be wearing it on the plane. According to Ofc. French's report of Dec. 26 Patsy told him that JonBenet "had been dressed in white long underwear and a red turtleneck" before bed. Patsy subsequently changed her story.

fr brown,
Yes the turtleneck and long underwear is plausible, but not if JonBenet is placed in bed on return from the White's.

The turtleneck has to be replaced with the White Gap Top to make the straight to bed version appear credible.

So if Patsy is going to cycle through various changes why not reconsider the long underwear for something that belongs to JonBenet, rather that inject Burke into the crime-scene?

Nice how Officer French refers to them as long underwear and not Burke's Longjohns!

The bottom line is that JonBenet's hair at autopsy differs from that from her last photograph suggesting her hair was dressed when she arrived back home from the White's, which contradicts the parents version of events.

Just in case Dr Phil reads here, A question to ask Burke Ramsey when you next interview him is:

Dr. Phil: Burke, when you returned home from the White's party and you observed JonBenet walking into the house from the car, did she have ponytails in her hair?

developed and well nourished caucasian female body measures 47 inches in length and weighs an estimated 45 pounds.The scalp is covered by long blonde hair which is fixed in two ponytails, one on top of the head secured by a cloth hair tie and blue elastic band, and one in the lower back of the head secured by a blue elastic band. No scalp trauma is identified. The external auditory canals are patent and free of blood. The eyes are green and the pupils"

She could have done her put ponytails in her hair at the party after the photo in question was taken. Or a friend could have done it.

What's the special significance of the ponytails?

bad edit above which I can't fix.....but what's the special significance of the ponytails?

She could have done her put ponytails in her hair at the party after the photo in question was taken. Or a friend could have done it.

What's the special significance of the ponytails?

fr brown,
Sure a friend could have done it, so then there will be a valid explanation, one that John, Patsy and Burke will have all been aware of, possibly including Susan Stine if she saw JonBenet, meaning someone including the person who did the ponytails would have told the world by now.

The ponytails were likely added when Patsy prepared JonBenet for bed, possibly dressed in the same pink pajamas she wore the previous night?

The significance of the ponytails means they are either part of JonBenet being prepared for bed, or they are part of a prior staging, one abandoned when they went for the abduction scenario?

My understanding of at least part of the significance of the pony tails is that PR and JR insisted that JBR was carried, sleeping, upstairs, "straight to bed" upon returning home from the party. However, the hair down in the party photo vs. the ponytail(s) mentioned in the autopsy report are at odds. If she had ponytails, she obviously wasn't carried up "sleeping, and straight to bed".

I really think it's a bit of a stretch to think that the hair was put in the "double pony tail", so to speak, at the White party. The description is that of something one would wear to bed. JBR, as a "pageant girl", as well as the daughter of a very detail-oriented, clothing and grooming oriented mother, would NEVER wear that double pony tail at a party. Her "look" was carefully cultivated, especially for the party. The long hair was glamorous, and the hair-style and clothes chosen carefully.

The "double pony tail" was definitely done at the house after the party. Same with the long underwear. She didn't wear those at the party, either.

My understanding of at least part of the significance of the pony tails is that PR and JR insisted that JBR was carried, sleeping, upstairs, "straight to bed" upon returning home from the party. However, the hair down in the party photo vs. the ponytail(s) mentioned in the autopsy report are at odds. If she had ponytails, she obviously wasn't carried up "sleeping, and straight to bed".

I really think it's a bit of a stretch to think that the hair was put in the "double pony tail", so to speak, at the White party. The description is that of something one would wear to bed. JBR, as a "pageant girl", as well as the daughter of a very detail-oriented, clothing and grooming oriented mother, would NEVER wear that double pony tail at a party. Her "look" was carefully cultivated, especially for the party. The long hair was glamorous, and the hair-style and clothes chosen carefully.

The "double pony tail" was definitely done at the house after the party. Same with the long underwear. She didn't wear those at the party, either.

Patsy does say she changed JonBenet into long underwear for bed.

The biggest discrepancy in bedtime story I see is that John Ramsey told French he read to the children and later said that he didn't read to either of them. And the bit about the red top of course.

The biggest discrepancy in bedtime story I see is that John Ramsey told French he read to the children and later said that he didn't read to either of them. And the bit about the red top of course.

fr brown.
So how do you know this is fact, could Patsy be covering for who really did redress JonBenet in longjohns?

Since they are Burke's longjohns might it be him, remember Patsy had no explanation for JonBenet wearing size-12 Bloomingdale's underwear beyond saying she put them in her underwear drawer?

Steve Thomas asked Patsy if JonBenet slept with hair ties in her hair. Patsy said that JonBenet would sleep with a single ponytail and a rubber band at the back of her head. One might assume that if things were different that night (two ponytails instead of one), Patsy would have mentioned it when the subject came up. She didn't. Maybe Patsy gave her the topknot in a show of remorse after she clunked her on the head. Dunno.

But assuming that Steve Thomas is correct that JonBenet wet the bed (and her red turtleneck) that night, some amount of getting JonBenet ready for bed must have occurred. There's no mention of the black velvet pants on the floor having urine (feces yes) on them so it seems like those must have been removed before JonBenet went to bed for the night. I'm sure every parent has changed a sleeping child, and I suppose you could put an unconscious child's hair in ponytails if you wanted.

It's really the fact that John Ramsey at first told Ofc. French that he read to the kids and then subsequently changed his story that's the giveaway that JonBenet was probably at least partially awake at some point. Maybe John didn't want to be on record as the last person known to have seen JonBenet, but the fact is he didn't mind saying he was on the morning of Dec. 26. We can tell that something he learned later led to him change his version.

Steve Thomas asked Patsy if JonBenet slept with hair ties in her hair. Patsy said that JonBenet would sleep with a single ponytail and a rubber band at the back of her head. One might assume that if things were different that night (two ponytails instead of one), Patsy would have mentioned it when the subject came up. She didn't. Maybe Patsy gave her the topknot in a show of remorse after she clunked her on the head. Dunno.

But assuming that Steve Thomas is correct that JonBenet wet the bed (and her red turtleneck) that night, some amount of getting JonBenet ready for bed must have occurred. There's no mention of the black velvet pants on the floor having urine (feces yes) on them so it seems like those must have been removed before JonBenet went to bed for the night. I'm sure every parent has changed a sleeping child, and I suppose you could put an unconscious child's hair in ponytails if you wanted.

It's really the fact that John Ramsey at first told Ofc. French that he read to the kids and then subsequently changed his story that's the giveaway that JonBenet was probably at least partially awake at some point. Maybe John didn't want to be on record as the last person known to have seen JonBenet, but the fact is he didn't mind saying he was on the morning of Dec. 26. We can tell that something he learned later led to him change his version.

fr brown,

Steve Thomas asked Patsy if JonBenet slept with hair ties in her hair. Patsy said that JonBenet would sleep with a single ponytail and a rubber band at the back of her head.
Yet, this is not the Ramsey version of events, as relayed to BPD, is it? The Autopsy Report explicitly cites two ponytails, so just like the pineapple snack this blows the Ramsey version of events out of the water!

Same applies to the staging, also if Patsy is staging a homicide because she whacked JonBenet after she wet the bed, why did she leave her wearing two ponytails, i.e. she knows all about them?

BBM: Maybe, if it is not a fake version of events, seems like its obvious John spoke with Patsy or read a report so decided to amend his version of events.

Steve Thomas's theory, i.e. bedwetting, was not his original theory. The Ramsey's threatened litigation when they found out what he was going to publish, so he revised aspects of his final draft!

JB was found with the same hair tie at the topknot (upper ponytail) when she was brought up. Patsy said she always pulled JB's long hair into a ponytail for sleeping. My theory is that JB was awake when they got home, and as BR said, she walked into the house. She may have been sleepy/cranky, having fallen asleep in the car. I can see Patsy simply making a lower ponytail and leaving the upper one (with the black/white/red hair tie) in place. Nothing is unusual about it to me, though much has been made of the "asymmetrical" ponytails over the years. Patsy would not have admitted this because it would contradict her claim that JB was carried in the house asleep.

Patsy would have tied the second hair tie, as was her routine, for JonBenet getting ready for bed. If JonBenet was as 'zonked' as they said, surely they would have laid her down and not fussed with putting the hair tie in? So I think Patsy did put her to bed and helped her change into the 'long underwear' ie. Burke's old longjohns - possibly had a discussion/argument with her about wearing a pullup nappy - lost that fight, and kept the original size 6 Wednesday undies on her, but put the red top on to make life easier in the morning - (or no top as it was pretty warm in her room?). Prior to this JonBenet could have pinched a bit of pineapple from Burke's bowl, who didn't really want to eat the rest after that, so he grabbed a can of soda instead. Patsy probably didn't even see all that happen as she was pretty tipsy and she 'zonked out' on her side of the bed without even changing her clothes or removing her makeup, shortly after putting JonBenet to bed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back