GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that for any trial that I have ever followed I have cried so much during the closing statements. I don't understand how there were no tears from her parents, but I did see such a difference between her mother and her father.

During this trial, my potential verdict has flipped a 180.

And I guess I was crying because I had the realization of the truth.

The body language of her parents during the testimony was extreme!

Moo.

The father appeared to be leaning so much away from the mother, and I guess you guys saw it also.

If the jury follows the law, the only relevant question is whether or not the State proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Skylar's baby was alive at birth.

As a matter of law, it is irrelevant that Skylar didn't get prenatal care or do follow up appointments or tell anyone she was pregnant or know how pregnant she was. It's irrelevant that she didn't ask for help during or after she gave birth. It's even irrelevant whether or not Skylar really believed her baby wasn't born alive, or if she wasn't sure.

I hope the jury follows the law as instructed.

Re prenatal care during last months of pregnancy I was wondering how often they were expected. Google search shows:

How Often Do I Need Prenatal Visits?
For a healthy pregnancy, your doctor will probably want to see you on the following recommended schedule of prenatal visits: Weeks 4 to 28: 1 prenatal visit a month. Weeks 28 to 36: 1 prenatal visit every 2 weeks. Weeks 36 to 40: 1 prenatal visit every week.

So very silly. That Skylar didn't go running out to buy diapers & a car seat or try to arrange daycare in the 11 days after confirmation she was pregnant means exactly nothing.

She knew she was pregnant much longer than 11 days. By her own admission, she’d felt the baby move and her stomach had grown. There’s also the fact that she googled to find out what happens at a gyno visit when you’re pregnant, well before she actually saw a gyno.

There was plenty of time for her to prepare for the baby. She chose not to.

Re prenatal care during last months of pregnancy I was wondering how often they were expected. Google search shows:

For a healthy pregnancy, your doctor will probably want to see you on the following recommended schedule of prenatal visits: Weeks 4 to 28: 1 prenatal visit a month. Weeks 28 to 36: 1 prenatal visit every 2 weeks. Weeks 36 to 40: 1 prenatal visit every week.

Slightly O/T, but not by very much. I well remember how guilty & scared I felt, immediately after learning I was pregnant, that my DH & I had indulged in a wine tasting extravaganza several weeks earlier. And that I had been smoking throughout.

I quit smoking the day I learned I was pregnant and never drank during pregnancy, but I was so afraid about what harm I might already have done to my baby.

Is there any doubt that Skylar's response to the weight she was putting on in the first months of pregnancy was to up the amount of laxatives her mother wanted her to take? To have purged herself with greater urgency than ever before?

And perhaps, when her baby was not born alive, to have believed it was her fault?

I gave my physician husband the facts of the case last night and asked him why Dr. Andrew did not follow up with even a phone call to Skylar after her office visit. He said that doesn’t sound right to him. In my husband’s opinion, there were two co-conspirators here - one in the home and one at the Dr’s office.

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
An observation: Richardson's farther, Scott Richardson shifted a lot in his seat during final closing by Knippen. Mom, Kim, shook her head slowly a few times and whispered to her husband. They are seated behind their daughter today
@journalnews

I noticed dad squirming a lot during the Prosecution Closing.

If I was on the jury right now, I would say, judge please slow down! I cannot take it in please talk slower

Jurors are entitled to be provided a copy of written instructions, including any preliminary instructions and fi nal instructions. Rule of Civil Procedure 51 should be amended to reflect that a court shall reduce its instructions to writing and provide the written instructions to the jury. The rule also should be amended to include “the legal claims and defenses of the parties” in the list of instructions the court may give at the commencement of trial

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/publications/juryTF/jurytf_proposal.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member