GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

hmmmmm.....

"Online blogs and postings about the girl’s disappearance, including Facebook updates, say Maestas was at work all day Sunday and left her daughter in the care of her mother, who did not tell her daughter about the girl’s disappearance until Maestas returned from work."

Española girl’s body found in Rio Grande
I'm not sure if anybody has pointed it out yet, but in this article, Malcom Torres is listed as a person of interest. So, he's fair game, sleuthers.

"Rio Arriba County Sheriff James Lujan previously had said investigators do not believe the girl’s disappearance involved her parents. A man who has a relationship with Renezmae’s mother, Victoria Maestas, has been identified as a person of interest in the case.

Malcolm Torres, 25, was picked up on an unrelated warrant from Bernalillo County on Sunday, police said."

Baby King has popped in my head a few times here over the past few days...he was found only a mile away from his home, iirc.

Sperm donor tried to claim he fell and his head on a dresser, iirc. There was much coverup by others.
FYI turns out he wasn't even the Actual sperm donor, remember that part EEKS

I’d like to sincerely thank everyone for your kind words about my loss. They mean a lot to me. My son in law is a Lt. Firefighter & Paramedic with our local station. He responded to Mama’s 911 call night before last and found Daddy dead. Cardiac arrest. He cried with Mama holding her up the entire time until the Coroner came. I have the utmost respect for our Firefighters.

I’d like to sincerely thank everyone for your kind words about my loss. They mean a lot to me. My son in law is a Lt. Firefighter & Paramedic with our local station. He responded to Mama’s 911 call night before last and found Daddy dead. Cardiac arrest. He cried with Mama holding her up the entire time until the Coroner came. I have the utmost respect for our Firefighters.
My deepest sympathies to your family.

From above:

“It is fair to say we are now changing the focus of our investigation...”

Hmmmm, that sounds pretty clear to me now after looking at it on paper...maybe they’re not going to charge MT...hmmmmm....could he really be innocent or maybe trying to pass the buck? DBM

This is so weird.

Well one thing we do know is that she was found relatively close to from where she disappeared...
I kind of read the "changing of focus" to possibly mean from a search for a missing little girl to a murder investigation. ????

I am so glad that your mama had that support from your son-in-law during that devastating time. I am sure she needed him and it was divine intervention. May your father RIP.
upload_2019-9-12_9-25-37.jpeg

I had no idea.

"The Land of Enchantment isn’t living up to its name, unless you’re talking about criminals. New Mexico’s crime rates are much higher than national rates for both violent and property crime. The state weighs in with 9.57 violent crimes per 1,000 people, which is more than double the national rate of 4.49. And property crime is right behind, with 52.84 incidents per 1,000 people, compared to 27.11 nationally."

New Mexico's 20 Safest Cities of 2018

So we have been thrown a curve ball, it seems. Newest report was that Rene's Mom left her with her own mother, at home that day. And it was her mother that never reported her missing. ??????

What the heck?

There was no one that I trusted more with my babies, than my own mom. I can't imagine her ignoring or neglecting them like that. What happened to this poor child?

How did she get to that river?

Last edited:
In the face of such a tragic loss, the fact that your son in law was the first responder must have been such a comfort to your Mama. A true blessing.

It doesn't have to be lying for the sake of lying - Stephen Crawford found Arlis Perry's body and he was ruled out as a suspect for 3 decades until DNA confirmed he murdered her.

I should have been more clear, I mean that police don't have anything to go on and the person may have an alibi or pass a polygraph (technically clearing them as a suspect, like Gary Ridgeway in many of his murders) but police still suspect them and may continue to investigate them. I'm not saying the police have enough evidence to go to trial but still let the person go and announce they're no longer a suspect, I'm saying that police can still suspect someone they've named as not a suspect which is why I don't always trust when they say someone's been ruled out.

Your statement about letting them go without announcing they've been cleared is way more common though, like with Sabrina Aisenberg and Lisa Irwin's parents.

Thank you for replying. I really do appreciate it.

However, all LE agencies have far more investigative tools to rule someone out now...than they ever had in decades old unsolved cases.

I remember the police said a husband was the main suspect for over 20 years when his wife actually was brutally murdered by the BTK serial killer. After his capture was only when everyone knew he was innocent all along. This is way before police became much more liability cautious when not labeling anyone as a suspect as they did before the 90s, but as POI since then until they know an arrest is going to be made.

99 percent of the cases I've followed for almost 4 decades now have the same pretty much standard answer when LE is asked.... saying... they have not ruled anyone out. If they are continuing to hunt for needed evidence for whomever did it then they will say...they have ruled no one in or out without specifically naming any names one way or the other.

I wasn't aware the Irwin parents were ever publicly ever ruled out by LE. I think LE suspected them all along.

Yes, I agree its rather common unfortunately for them to let suspects go at the first or during the ongoing investigation due to not having enough probable cause to arrest them at the time, but I'm still unaware that it happens often where the police publicly rule anyone out by naming them specifically, and they were withholding it because they knew the named person they publicly had ruled out was the actual murderer when an arrest was made. That's all I'm saying.

As far as Gary Ridgeway, iirc, the poly information came out after his arrest. Unfortunately he was/is a sociopath who easily can pass polygraph with flying colors, and that did push him waydown as a potential suspect, but I dont remember LE publicly coming out and ruling him out by name at the time he passed his poly. As you know, LE never divulges whether anyone passes or fails before or when the investigation is ongoing.

That usually only becomes known at the time if the ones taking them tells the media the results they were told by the ones who took them.

Thanks again for your reply.

We will see what happens in this heartbreaking case

What matters most to all of us is the evil one or ones who did this to RC must be arrested, and charged with the harshest punishment saught against them.

Jmho

Last edited:
So we have been thrown a curve ball, it seems. Newest report was that Rene's Mom left her with her own mother, at home that day. And it was her mother that never reported her missing. ??????

What the heck?

There was no one that I trusted more with my babies, than my own mom. I can't imagine her ignoring or neglecting them like that. What happened to this poor child?

How did she get to that river?
Perhaps there are people involved who are very afraid of a particular person of interest and who are therefore changing up the story a bit. Just MOO

You know, I think of all the adorable little ones I have known in person...

Renezmae is so adorable and bright and cute in her pictures....can you imagine how cute and adorable she must’ve been in real life? This one really breaks my heart, as they all do. We will never understand how a little child ends up dead from homicidal violence...and to me it seems like it’s not even that rare...I know we are more aware in here but it seems like every day there is some child abuse or death case...we go the main forum here and the number of all the murder and child abuse threads are just astounding (LE has not indicated any abuse (yet)), but it just blows my mind what a big problem this is in our country. These are not isolated incidents...it’s every day if not week.

Going to stop there because I’m starting to cry. Her pictures...:(

I know, I know. I can't stop thinking about these cases, either.

Group hug.

groupHugEmoji.png

Image courtesy of Millions of PNG Images and Vectors for Free Download | DLPNG

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads