Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Like many others, I too found the defense attorney annoying. But I have to say I felt she she was effective. She clearly rattled the detectives through her aggressive questioning and pointed out the assumptions that were made — for example FG’s line of travel. Well no he was NOT seen on camera actually walking the path from Dani’s apartment to Tim Horton’s, nor from the cab drop-off to his car at the MetLife building. This is actually a gift to the prosecution — the detectives seem tenuous in their responses to cross-examination and really need to shore up some confidence for the trial. The prosecution now has an idea of where the defense will focus and the weak points that will be targeted at trial.

Of course the assumption is that FG walked from Danielle's apartment to Tim Horton's; that he left his car at the Metlife building while he assaulted and murdered this beautiful young woman after luring her by taking advantage of her kind nature and feigning car trouble. These deductive leaps are in part what the detectives do. They just have to be more confident in their responses. IMO the defense attorney is helping point out the prosecution's weaknesses so they can get things sorted for trial. The evidence is strong, but also much of it is circumstantial. That doesn't make it wrong or poor evidence.

...Like many others, I too found the defense attorney annoying. But I have to say I felt she she was effective. She clearly rattled the detectives through her aggressive questioning and pointed out the assumptions that were made — for example FG’s line of travel. Well no he was NOT seen on camera actually walking the path from Dani’s apartment to Tim Horton’s, nor from the cab drop-off to his car at the MetLife building. This is actually a gift to the prosecution — the detectives seem tenuous in their responses to cross-examination and really need to shore up some confidence for the trial. The prosecution now has an idea of where the defense will focus and the weak points that will be targeted at trial...

Ms. Woodside definitely scored some points with her somewhat confusing manner of questioning witnesses. The obfuscation might be a deliberate tactic as she seemed to rattle even the most confident and prepared witnesses.

Has anything ever been shown to be wrong with his car on 12/2/16? Is there evidence he was driving it the next day? Any work done to it at all, or even a battery jump between when Danielle disappeared to when his vehicle was removed from the parking lot?

Has anything ever been shown to be wrong with his car on 12/2/16? Is there evidence he was driving it the next day? Any work done to it at all, or even a battery jump between when Danielle disappeared to when his vehicle was removed from the parking lot?

I don't recall them mentioning anything about this, however, when they questioned the person who sold Floyd the car, they did have him explain that he performed a thorough inspection before the sale, confirmed it was in good condition, and was never contacted about any issues after the sale. So, I assume that is something the prosecution might bring up.

They put a tracker on the car a few days later, so they know it was working. I"m sure he is also on camera at other locations. I want to say they saw it on the one street camera video they showed.

I wonder if they have his DNA in the driver's seat of her Jeep...I don't remember them mentioning it but I'm sure they have it to show he was driving it. I know they have it in the passenger seat since he was seen in the car when she was giving him a ride. But no reason for it to be in the driver's seat...

They put a tracker on the car a few days later, so they know it was working. I"m sure he is also on camera at other locations. I want to say they saw it on the one street camera video they showed.

I wonder if they have his DNA in the driver's seat of her Jeep...I don't remember them mentioning it but I'm sure they have it to show he was driving it. I know they have it in the passenger seat since he was seen in the car when she was giving him a ride. But no reason for it to be in the driver's seat...

Unless he drove Dani's Jeep to dispose of her body. FG's DNA would be on the steering wheel, unless he was clever enough to wear gloves. It was cold and would make sense for someone to wear gloves on December 2.

from the article posted above (post #461) - someone asked about the times on the phone pings.

Judge sends Floyd Galloway, charged in Stislicki murder case, to circuit court

Galloway's phone seemed to be turned off during this time period. Investigators testified they tracked Stislicki’s phone to Galloway’s residence at 5:07 p.m. and it stayed there until 7:53 p.m. Galloway’s phone is connected to the same cellular tower network, along with his home, at 6:20 p.m.
[.....]
Video footage shared during the preliminary examination showed Galloway at a Tim Horton’s within a 10-minute walking distance from Stislicki’s Farmington Hills apartment on Lincoln Court around 8:40 p.m. on Dec. 2, 2016. The missing woman’s keys and Fitbit were found near the Tim Horton’s.
A cab picked him up at the Tim Horton’s about a half hour later and took him to an apartment building near Grodan Drive and Telegraph Road. The MetLife offices were nearby.

Still trying find Oakland County Circuit court stuff for his next hearing....

The time window during which FG disposed of Dani's remains is rather tight. When he knew she was gone, even if it wasn't intentional, he had to roll her up in the comforter, put the body in a vehicle, drive somewhere for disposal, return to his home to clean up (or he did that first), get rid of the keys and fitbit, and get to Tim Horton's, call a cab for a ride to his "girlfriend's". It seems reasonable that he couldn't have traveled too far to dispose of Dani's body, but there were searches in Hines Park and Stony Creek Metropark. I don't know how he could have made the round trip to either of these locations, find a place to hide a body without being seen or caught, return to his home to finish cleanup (unless it was already done), and get to Tim Horton's. I would like to know about all of the local searches that were done, i.e. near the Galloway home and in Dani's apartment complex.
He had limited time, her phone was by his home around 5:20ish pm, and it was moving west from his home 7:50ish pm, he was at Timmy Hortons 8:40ish pm. I believe the detective stated 10 minute walk.

The detective stated a search was done by police, family and friends on Sun dec 4th around her Apt area. Friends have stated dumpsters were searched.

Trash day in his neighborhood is fridays, trash was picked up on the 2nd, next trash day fri dec 9th. Police executed a search on dec 7th, most likely they searched outside well.

His wife was in the hospital, he had no reason to immediately move her. IMO he moved her after he took her car back, sometime after 9:30 pm. He shut his phone off earlier so maybe he did again later or left his phone on and left it home so it appears he never left again. I don’t think he went far, south of his house, lots of dumpsters in Detroit.

I looked at several realtor listings for the former Galloway home at 2910 Oxford in Berkley. If you do the 360* street view rotation on the below site, you can see that there is a huge commercial dumpster along the Oxford side of the building. The address of the Berkley Parks and Recreation facility is 2400 Robina. I wonder if there was a dumpster on the property when Dani went missing and if it was searched. Commercial trash removal isn't necessarily on the same day/s as residential pickup.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2910-Oxford-Rd-Berkley-MI-48072/24642897_zpid/

I looked at several realtor listings for the former Galloway home at 2910 Oxford in Berkley. If you do the 360* street view rotation on the below site, you can see that there is a huge commercial dumpster along the Oxford side of the building. The address of the Berkley Parks and Recreation facility is 2400 Robina. I wonder if there was a dumpster on the property when Dani went missing and if it was searched. Commercial trash removal isn't necessarily on the same day/s as residential pickup.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2910-Oxford-Rd-Berkley-MI-48072/24642897_zpid/

Early on it was stated that the ice arena was no longer being used on December 2nd. If I remember correctly, they had closed down the facility in the previous fall. There would have been no need to have regular trash pick up if there wasn't supposed to be any activity there.

Why am I thinking that there was construction going on at that arena at that time? IMO

I remember that the building was no longer an ice arena but that the parks & rec facility was used for other events. If you look at street views and 360* views of the building, it's an extensive recreational complex with playground, picnic area, etc. I doubt that the facility was completely vacant or unused for an extended period of time. Berkley Parks and Recreation offices are in the building at 24oo Robina.

Last edited:
I am thinking that the prosecution kept some evidence back- i am sure they only put out as much evidence as necessary in order to make their case. I am sure they continue to collect evidence and will do so until the trial (whenever that is).

That kind of dumpster is usually dropped off empty and picked up full with the whole dumpster going. Really risky being that close to his home and the dumpster is open no lid, park right there. The early stuff that was posted was mostly non media and non police. I do not recall hearing about a dumpster nearby. The 1st search went under media radar, people living in the area posted it to social media. I recall them saying they had flatbeds that took cars and I thought canine was mentioned. They also said the rink was used for an after school type program.

They seemed real focused on garbage, they brought up several locations, at least one detective talked about garbage, pick ups, tracing dumpsters, diiferent locations of searches and the incinerator. I was left with the impression they investigated garbage and that its difficult to trace without knowing which truck, day, route. Also the impression that a dumpster is what they think he did with her.

Last edited:
I am thinking that the prosecution kept some evidence back- i am sure they only put out as much evidence as necessary in order to make their case. I am sure they continue to collect evidence and will do so until the trial (whenever that is).

For sure! I was flabbergasted to learn that Danielle's keys and Fitbit had been found because LE always seemed to be asking the public to look for these items. I'm sure we saw only a very small sampling of the evidence accumulated during the investigation. While I don't hold out much hope for FG giving up the location of Dani's remains, I hope his legal team advises him to consider it.

...They seemed real focused on garbage, they brought up several locations, at least one detective talked about garbage, pick ups, tracing dumpsters, diiferent locations of searches and the incinerator. I was left with the impression they investigated garbage and that its difficult to trace without knowing which truck, day, route. Also the impression that a dumpster is what they think he did with her.

<respectfully snipped>

It sickens me to think that Dani's body was rolled up in the tan/brown striped comforter and probably put in a dumpster like trash :mad: It reminds me of the Utah case of Lori Hacking whose husband, Mark, murdered her, then wrapped her body in bedding and put it in the garbage. Lori's remains were eventually found in a landfill. I'm afraid that this is what FG did with Dani.

Lori Hacking — Her body found

Mark Hacking | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

LE did mention a suitcase or trunk for public to keep an eye out for. If Dani was wrapped up in a comforter and put in a trunk his trunk may not show any forensics if she was taken wherever quickly. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member