GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Does that constitute their exoneration of her or could it mean that they didn’t determine the evidence proved either way?

I think they believed that there wasn't evidence presented of a live birth. I believe very strongly that it was a live birth. I'm not sure I could've held out on a jury with the very weak evidence provided of the live birth by the state.

The parents faces were expressionless to me throughout the verdict reading. Even after when she turned around. Dad reached over and put his hand on her shoulder at one point but that was it. No one came forward to hug her. The "I love yous" seemed so performative on both sides. Truly disturbing family dynamic.

Well I'm more disappointed than I thought by the verdict. I feel the jury was sympathetic towards her because she looked like their own daughters. That's the only reason she got off!

BBM. Does that constitute their exoneration of her or could it mean that they didn’t determine the evidence proved either way?

Either.

IMO a verdict of guilty on any of the charges would have been as reasonable as a verdict of not guilty. It depends on what the individual jurors determined. Circusmtantially a case was made that the child was born alive. But I think any doubt was reasonable as well.

There were various ways this could have gone that would have worked based on the evidence.

I think if she was a different person though, from a different demographic, she would have been more likely to have been given the burden of doubt, however, rather than the benefit.

I think the jury got it right here. The state did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the baby was born alive. Without that, all charges except the abuse of a corpse charge fail.
ITA. I think the jury had to be offended at how the interrogators withheld the baby's body from the grandfather who wanted to provide a proper burial.

I hope BSR is finally provided the mental health services she so desperately needs.

JMO

Jurors held hands while the verdict was being read.
CourtTV

ETA: Front row of jurors held hands. All Caucasian women were in the front row. The male jurors were in the back row and they did not hold hands.

I think she won't get more time than the night she's spending in jail.

Court TV just mentioned she's been on house arrest for 2 years and the judge might consider that. I personally believe she needs some intense psych therapy and I'm not even sure how helpful that will be. I'm not talking about just her eating disorder either.

Jurors held hands while the verdict was being read.
CourtTV

ETA: Front row of jurors held hands. All Caucasian women were in the front row. The male jurors were in the back row and they did not hold hands.

I've never heard of women holding their hands during a verdict, but instead of *women holding hands in solidarity* with them holding hands, I'm sitting on my hands or I will get a time out.

From her own lawyers website:
Does Post-Conviction House Arrest Count for Jail Time Credit?
On behalf of Charlie M. Rittgers of Rittgers & Rittgers, Attorneys at Law posted in Criminal Defense on Thursday, May 3, 2018.

The answer is no according to the most recent decision released by the Twelfth District Court of Appeals. In State v. Hurst (2018), 93 N.E.3d 1007, 2018-Ohio142, the Court issued a decision seemingly in conflict with the decision it issued roughly a year prior to Hurst in State v. Fillinger (2017), 72 N.E.3d. 671, 2016-Ohio-8455.

The Court in Fillinger held that a defendant was "confined", as defined by the Ohio Revised Code, during the time he spent on electronic monitored house arrest ("EMHA") following his conviction and therefore was entitled to jail time credit for those days served on EMHA. The Twelfth District, though, subsequently reversed itself in Hurst and determined that the defendant's EMHA did not meet the definition of "confined" and thus her time served while on EMHA did not qualify for jail time credit.

In Hurst the Court focused on the fact that the defendant, while on EMHA, was permitted to leave her home to attend AA and NA meetings for nine hours a week, her cognitive intervention program for three hours a week, and to visit her probation officer one hour a week, as well as to attend her court hearings and for any medical emergencies. The defendant was also permitted to return to her previous residence in order to retrieve some of her belongings so that she could move to a new home. Since, in the opinion of the Court, the defendant's freedom of movement was not restrained to the extent that she could not leave her home on her own volition coupled with the fact that she was actually permitted to leave her home for certain purposes, the Court found that she was not "confined" and therefore did not earn hail time credit while on EMHA. In reaching this decision, the Court discounted that a violation of her EMHA could result in a conviction for escape and/or a probation violation.

So, as it currently stands, defendants are not going to receive jail time credit for time served while on EMHA in the Twelfth District (Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Fayette, Madison, Preble and Warren Counties).

ITA. I think the jury had to be offended at how the interrogators withheld the baby's body from the grandfather who wanted to provide a proper burial.

I hope BSR is finally provided the mental health services she so desperately needs.

JMO

Hmmmmmm, finally? She has been out on bond for 2 years, did she have to wait until now to get some? And her parents and her not been in counseling, and her younger brother? This is a rhetorical question that cannot be answered as it would be considered sleuthing family, just an emotional dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerryJenkins