GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is B.S. the jury made it a POINT to write intto their verdict: We further find that the defendant did not cause harm to the alleged victim.(judge said that was not asked for or required, the jury added that opinion into the verdict) I blv they added that statement because of the blustering Fornshell is doing right now about he believes some of jurors would find differently, he hasnt had the chance to speak with them yet though. I want him to shut his mouth and stop now IMOO

It's not custody. He's next of kin. There is no live child to have custody of.

So from what Fornshell says it sounds like he is previewing an upcoming showdown between Trey Johnson and Skylar Richardson over the remains. I am not aware if Trey Johnson/his family has talked to the media up until now? But I wonder if that is about to change now. I do think that Trey Johnson wearing a pink tie to testify was a deliberate decision.

That IS interesting!

I agree grand jury deliberated with information known the time.

We know LE had just received Coroner's report citing thermal injury on July 20, 2017 -- prompting call to BSR to return to police dept for questioning.

She was indicted about August 4, 2019, after grand jury delivered charges to DA.

It's very likely that that second exam of bones, and revised opinion were not available and/or ran concurrent with grand jury deliberations. MOO

That is B.S. the jury made it a POINT to write intto their verdict: We further find that the defendant did not cause harm to the alleged victim.(judge said that was not asked for or required, the jury added that opinion into the verdict) I blv they added that statement because of the blustering Fornshell is doing right now about he believes some of jurors would find differently, he hasnt had the chance to speak with them yet though. I want him to shut his mouth and stop now IMOO
The jury was clearly enormously sympathetic towards Skylar Richardson. Even the jury questions about the abuse of corpse charge show they were being very careful and cautious of convicting her of even that, which was in the scheme of things the most minor charge.

fornshell presser

In my first presser I said we couldn't prove cause of death

understands jury verdict

Hasn't spoken to any jury members but thinks their are members on jury that believe she killed child but prosecutor couldn't prove she did

Reporter is aggressively calling him out

he's giving bogus excuses for taking this to trial without enough evidence

Won't apologize to family

Previously said he had proof to a medical certainty

reporter asked him if he was aware of the "code of ethics"

I hope reporter asking questions lives in his county and can continue to censure him

Fornell should be ashamed of how he conducted himself and pursued Skylar, but he won't be.

Even if he felt sure early on- with little to no evidence-that Skylar was guilty of killing her baby, he violated every ethical code in the book to declare to the public it was possible Skylar had burned her baby while still alive.

So glad Fornell and his like cannot (yet?) take us by legal force into Gilead.

that makes me sick I want to cry. she will always be known to me that she is a baby killer and her baby has a little piece of my heart
I have great respect for the jury, who just had to make a very weighty decision and will live with it for the rest of their lives.

ETA: this comment was made in response to a part of the above post that was apparently deleted.

@gitana1
do you know what this means

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Fornshell says not sure when the baby's remains will be returned to family or which family, the father's family was also in the courtroom and he has not been covicted.
@journalnews

A finding of not guilty is not the same as a finding of innocence. The jury did not find her innocent of murder. It is not a fact that she did not murder her child. It is fact that the jury felt the state failed to satisfy its burden.

^^ bbm

Thanks for this post @gitana1 --
It's such an important concept in the US Judicial system, yet I'm often surprised that so many sleuthers -- on any given criminal case-- often get this wrong. :)

Last edited:
It doesn't prove anything except that the prosecutor did not prove their case. IMO.

Yeah I mean even the state agrees with that.

I'm satisfied with how the system worked here. I am convinced she killed her child, intentionally. However, our constitution acts to protect the innocent and afford everyone due process and Skyler got due process.

I don't think the state was wrong for prosecuting her but I don't think the jury was stupid for finding the state couldn't prove it's case.

My big qualm is that I feel more jurors could come to the conclusion that she did kill her child, with the very same set of facts, if the defendant looked different.

It's not custody. He's next of kin. There is no live child to have custody of.
The Ohio statute seems pretty clear to me that the mother is primary next of kin. The baby died while in her body and was stillborn. She should never have been charged just as the mother of this stillborn baby was not charged.

Autopsy finds stillborn baby had drugs in his system, but mother not charged in his death

Also, I'm not aware of any effort by the unmarried father to ask for custody of the stillborn child's remains. I seriously doubt he wins if he tries.

Lawriter - ORC

When I was a juror I dont remember there being an option of Innocent, Not Guilty or Guilty?

There isn't. It's guilty or not guilty. But if it was guilty or innocent it would be guilty or innocent.

And there is a finding of factual innocence that is available in some states:

"To be factually innocent, the defendant must be able to prove that there was no actual evidence to cause anyone to believe that the defendant committed the crime. It is important to keep in mind that lack of evidence may not be sufficient evidence in proving factual innocence."
Types of Dismissed Cases and How to Seal Them

So from what Fornshell says it sounds like he is previewing an upcoming showdown between Trey Johnson and Skylar Richardson over the remains. I am not aware if Trey Johnson/his family has talked to the media up until now? But I wonder if that is about to change now. I do think that Trey Johnson wearing a pink tie to testify was a deliberate decision.
It won't be much of a showdown because the baby was stillborn. Evidently Fornshell refused to answer as to whether the Grand Jury knew the doctor had recanted the "burning" opinion.

JMO

A finding of not guilty is not the same as a finding of innocence. The jury did not find her innocent of murder. It is not a fact that she did not murder her child. It is fact that the jury felt the state failed to satisfy its burden.

Really? In our legal system Skylar was presumed innocent until proven guilty. The jury found her not guilty of harming or killing her baby. And they reached that verdict within a few short hours. In fact, the jury took the extra, unnecessary step of writing on the verdict form that they didn't believe Skylar caused harm to her baby.

There is no evidence whatsoever the jury as a whole or any individual jurors believe Skylar isn't factually as well as legally innocent.

Last edited:
Lauren Pack‏ @LPackJN
Instructions of law given to the jury states: abuse of a corpse is to recklessly treat human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities without being authorized by law to do so @journalnews

11:43 AM - 12 Sep 2019

If tweet is accurate, appears jurors given shorten citation of the Ohio charge as the criminal code includes "family" as well as community. Hmmm....

Last edited:

Hear, hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member