Found Deceased WA - Austin Barrie, 17, Maple Valley, 14 Mar 2019

C320

Reaction score
Missing 17 year old from Maple Valley, WA. Left Sunday on his mountain bike hasn’t been seen since. Kind of an odd case, Sherriffs office were reluctant to help at first, now they are investigating. Sheriffs office said Austin didn’t want to be found

Attachments

• E1517912-B3C6-47AD-BAD7-327BE129686C.png
    E1517912-B3C6-47AD-BAD7-327BE129686C.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 120
To start a thread we need a MSM or LE information about the case, this one is lacking here.
Please alert on this post if this is available and i will reopen the thread for discussion.
Thanks for support!

Edit:

Adding Sheriff Office post
King County Sheriff's Office

However, the person is still not directly considered missing but eventually voluntarily away.

Last edited:
Austin is still missing, although the "Find Austin Barrie" FB page has been taken down. If you do a FB search for "find Austin Barrie," you can find posts about Austin being missing, about searches, drones, etc. There are also links in the posts that will bring you to other posts that explain even more about him missing and what is being done, and why the "Find" page was removed.

Interesting note at the bottom of that article: "...sheriff’s detectives asked to take the investigation because it is possibly connected to one of their cases, and Black Diamond’s police chief agreed."

(BBM)
I noticed that too. Sad outcome whoever it is, but I wonder if the Sheriff was initially apprehensive about finding Austin was because he was so close to 18 at the time of his disappearance.

Interesting note at the bottom of that article: "...sheriff’s detectives asked to take the investigation because it is possibly connected to one of their cases, and Black Diamond’s police chief agreed."

(BBM)
Yes. I noticed that too. The area is so close,and interconnected by the trails. There has been zero sightings of him,or word from him since the day he disappeared. Nada.

Some interesting comments on Covington Reporter facebook page. About age,and timeline,and what was found. So who knows. I hope they can get DNA, or match dental records. So they know soon, who it is.

Some interesting comments on Covington Reporter facebook page. About age,and timeline,and what was found. So who knows. I hope they can get DNA, or match dental records. So they know soon, who it is.
FWIW Seattle Times has confirmed that the remains are male. King County is HUGE so it could really be just about any MP...

That's kinda strange. I wonder if they have contacted His family,or visa versa.
I'm curious as to whether his family wants to be contacted. Sometimes in cases like this they don't... given the "doesn't want to be found" comment from initially, I wonder if it was a more serious situation he was escaping at home.

Humans naturally want to jump to conclusions or put an ending to a story when there is no end.... Austin Barrie left for a bike ride March 10th and never made it back home, he had on shorts and a light shirt, he brought nothing with him other than a little knapsack. There was absolutely no problems at home and he was on his way to graduate in a few months. The police concluded that he ran off into the woods on his own and they had no concrete evidence to come to that conclusion. We hired PI's and they are coming to different conclusions and Everyone is using circumstantial evidence. We made the mistake of going down this theory (running off and living in the woods) for months until we logically started thinking about it and then hired private investigators to look more into this mystery. We had a PI that blew holes in the theory of running off into the woods. We are actively still searching and trying to find out what happened in this situation and using an open mind to find our son. His page is on Facebook, Find Austin Barrie if anyone has any clues to what may have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back