MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

As of now, I can't tell if he is outraged over her murder OR if he did it and it is all a smoke screen. And LE and the media have pulled back in their shells for now.

Yep...I feel like there's
I don’t think it was a random stranger that killed her in broad daylight. This was a crime of passion. IMO

I agree it has a "crime of passion" feel to it...but, for me, I also can't exclude her being in the wrong place at the wrong time, whether she could have encountered a road-rage kind of incident, or someone with someone mental or other issues (the perpetrator being on drugs, etc.).

Yep...I feel like there's

I agree it has a "crime of passion" feel to it...but, for me, I also can't exclude her being in the wrong place at the wrong time, whether she could have encountered a road-rage kind of incident, or someone with someone mental or other issues (the perpetrator being on drugs, etc.).

Sorry about this last post of mine, guys -- hope it's understandable. I'm having some screwy tech issues...not even sure this will post all right.:confused:

If this crime happened today, there would be dozens of doorbell cams and business cams tracing that car from start to finish! There would be apartment complex surveillance cameras, work cameras, car gps, cell phone data, and more to piece together, as well. Yes, these things existed then, but not on the level they do now both in terms of quantity and quality. Even the absence of information from certain devices at key times is incriminating nowadays. Hoping the perp slips up, somehow, or karma brutally strikes!

My biggest fear is that he (the guy who's been the main suspect all along, imo) won't get caught, ever, because anything that was there to be discovered is long gone by now. There's no body that's hidden somewhere, no invite or meetup the day of, and no incriminating text msgs, IMs, or emails. I don't see this guy confessing or telling anyone what he did, either. If there's no DNA on Allie, no surveillance footage, and no way to contest his suspicious alibi by now, what could possibly trip him up?

Ballistics? Fingerprints? What have LE got? Car specifics? CCTV of sandals? LE don't seem to be doing anything about this case.

Ballistics? Fingerprints? What have LE got? Car specifics? CCTV of sandals? LE don't seem to be doing anything about this case.
Yeah only 3 years, but based on the LE responses it appears to have gone cold fairly quick.

( I want to ask a question about RSO's. Early on LE said they checked all CaCo RSO's to rule them out. Does anyone know if neighbouring counties were also checked? I am thinking specifically of Tippecanoe, as Lafayette appears to have a high number of offenders. Anyone remember which counties they checked?)

Also, am wondering if they also would have checked early releases too. There was a cold case recently solved when LE reviewed the case and discovered that two guys had been ruled out as being in jail, when in actual fact they were released early that morning and had committed the murder. Can't remember the actual case now but I bet someone will. Anyway, it just occurred to me that something similar could have happened here, perhaps. Just a random speculation.

ETA. I am sorry I have posted this in the wrong thread. However, it could be a possible motive in this case too. So hope you don't mind me leaving this second part in for now. Top part is specific to Delphi murders.

Last edited:
Wow! Checking in and I noted not much in the way of recent updates. I went through a Google search of Alexandra's name from 01 August 2019 onward and find one Runner's World article where she is very briefly mentioned on the subject of women joggers.
We Need to Solve Women's Harassment | Women's Running

84% of women joggers state they've been harrassed? Unbelievable.

Without solid witnesses or evidence what can they do?
I listed the evidence they have. They need to at least give an update whether they have any hope if solving it IMO. Did they give an anniversary update?

ETA I just scrolled back and they did provide an update.

Police have received multiple tips over the years and the investigation is still active, but Brueger's killer remains at large. Surprisingly it states they have had multiple tips and and are working on it almost every day but are still looking for tips and information.

"We still have our detectives that are working on this case almost every day but, again, we're still looking for tips from the public," said Michigan State Police Lt. Mike Shaw. "We're hoping that somebody has some information that they haven't shared before or kind of kept to themselves and decided that now is the time that they want to come out and say something to us."

Last edited:
I listed the evidence they have. They need to at least give an update whether they have any hope if solving it IMO. Did they give an anniversary update?

Police have received multiple tips over the years and the investigation is still active, but Brueger's killer remains at large. Surprisingly it states they have had multiple tips and and are working on it almost every day but are still looking for tips and information.

"We still have our detectives that are working on this case almost every day but, again, we're still looking for tips from the public," said Michigan State Police Lt. Mike Shaw. "We're hoping that somebody has some information that they haven't shared before or kind of kept to themselves and decided that now is the time that they want to come out and say something to us."

So they indeed are doing all they can.

LE is not going to admit they blew this case from the beginning. The problem all along is that LE immediately--and very publicly--concluded Ally was murdered by someone she knew. I think the only reason WS pointed the finger at her father was because he didn't know who else could have done it.

Mollie Tibbetts was a jogger killed by someone she barely knew. LE got a very lucky break in evidence in that case. This one happened in a very rural area.

JMO

So they indeed are doing all they can.
Well I don't know as I don't know what they have. Multiple tips sounds encouraging unless they are all useless. They indicated from the beginning it was someone she knew yet we don't know what led them to that. The first POI they interviewed was a stranger. Not much for us to go on unfortunately.

Last edited:
Well I don't know as I don't know what they have. Multiple tips sounds encouraging unless they are all useless. They indicated from the beginning it was someone she knew yet we don't know what led them to that. The first POI they interviewed was a stranger. Not much for us to go on unfortunately.

Well it sounds like they’ve been investigating continuously and giving updates. I’m not sure what they could be doing that they’re not. So the criticism that LE doesn’t seem to be doing anything about this case seems a bit rough.

Well if they have footage of a white or light coloured car they could publish that. The mention of sandals by the first POI has never been explained by LE. I am not aware they have ever stated what weapon was used (four shots and three shells retrieved from scene). Do they have any DNA or fingerprints from the shells? There is so much more they could say to help with tips IMO.

Well if they have footage of a white or light coloured car they could publish that. The mention of sandals by the first POI has never been explained by LE. I am not aware they have ever stated what weapon was used (four shots and three shells retrieved from scene). Do they have any DNA or fingerprints from the shells? There is so much more they could say to help with tips IMO.
I thought they recovered all 4 shells. LE did state at one point it was a shotgun, but I've not seen it stated by LE what gauge shotgun was used or even whether it was buckshot or rifled slugs. The empty shells would provide LE with unique marks by the extractor and ejector, but that only helps if they have the gun to compare. I've often wondered about fingerprints or DNA on the shells. Alexandra's ex-boyfriend, WS, was a combat medic in the Army so he had to fingerprinted. LE has never said anything about was extracted from the shells, but why would LE grill WS and ask him to take a polygraph if they had fingerprints from the shells? If the empty shells had fingerprints they would have been able to compare those with his before they even spoke to him. It makes me think they don't have any prints or usable partials from the shells.
LE had never said if they have video of a white or light colored car, but I thought I read that was based on what residents on the road saw about the time of the murder. Again, very vague. That first POI mentioned the sandals and that was it. It makes me wonder if the killer opened the door and stood up to shoot. I thought the resident who found Alexandra stated they heard a car door shut.
Also, LE stated it was most likely someone Alexandra knew. And then LE questions the first POI who didn't even know who she was.

I may be wrong about the number of shells but I remember thinking that one may have fallen into the car. I think that Ally's mum has criticised LE because she thinks they may have prevented people coming forward by stating it was someone they knew. I agree about that. Once people get in their mind it is a certain POI then the investigation stalls. A bit like the Delphi case went down the wrong track with two subsequent POIs for two years. MOO

2 year statement

"The police from the get-go thought it was somebody she knew," Nikki [Alexandra's mother] said. "They put that out there, and they kind of harmed the case by doing that right away. It made people who might have had tips or information step back and say well, if they know who it is, they are going to solve it right away."

3 year statement

The Brueger's believe someone out there knows exactly what happened that day.

"When you're holding onto this information, whether it's out of fear, whether it's because you're indifferent, it's like holding a gun to us."

Now they both hope, wait and pray for closure, and justice for Ally.

"For somebody just to snuff out her life like that, and for what reason, I need to know why."

There is a $13,500 reward for information leading to an arrest in this case.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Crimestoppers or Michigan State Police at 1-855-MICH-TIP

This is what the Bruegers have stated in MSM. I hope justice can be found for them.

Last edited:
Wow still nothing on this case. I did discover something today when I was looking at weapons used in murders and shotguns are pretty unusual. Like less than 2%. I will post the figures.

Number of murder victims in the United States in 2018, by weapon

Number of murder victims
Handguns 6,603
Firearms, type not stated 2,963
Knives or cutting instruments 1,515
Other weapons or weapons not stated 900
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.)* 672
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 443
Rifles 297
Shotguns 235
Other guns 167
Asphyxiation 90
Narcotics 78
Fire 72
Strangulation 70
Drowning 9
Poison 5
Explosives 4

This is a list of murder weapons. Knives or cutting weapon come second to handguns and firearms. Shotguns are way down the list. Less than 2% of murders were committed with shotguns in 2018 (17 in a 1000 approx).

Source

Murder - number of victims by weapons used | Statista

So 235 shotgun murders in 2018 out of total murders of around 14,000. That does not seem many to have to compare against. I don't have the earlier year figures but they are probably available in the same source. Would LE have checked other 2016 shotgun murders ? At least in Michigan and neighbouring states?

Last edited:
It’s sad to see little has progressed on this case, at least outwardly. I had disconnected from the thread when it became a hot mess; back to check in.

I encourage everyone to research possibilities beyond the current group think. It’s too easy to get caught up, and miss critical details. I myself have been guilty of this on more than one occasion/thread, but have learned from it.

what seems obvious isn’t necessarily so...

amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back