Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree. This type of thing would stand out in an upscale area, but wouldn’t be all that odd in the location that he chose.

I mean, let’s just assume that the knife story is true. That tells you what type of neighborhood it is.

People digging for trash, wiping bloody knives off their pants, and selling them for drugs to guys named “Fudge.”

No one is going to think twice about an old Ford Raptor dumping trash in other people’s trash cans.

This was practical, not some race thing.

Seems to me the important distinction between the people of Hartford and those closer to FD's home is their powerlessness.

His neighbors would have immediately protested a stranger stuffing garbage in their cans and would have called the authorities.

Obviously, that's not what happened in Hartford. Thirty-plus stops and no one called LE?
Who would come running for these people?

Unfortunately, and not necessarily coincidentally, these people wouldn't be predominantly white.

This is the way of the Deep South where I live. Perhaps it also is in Connecticut?

MOO

I agree, sleuth66. I think Norm's hairstyle choice is part and parcel with the 'renegade' affect he embodies, e.g., He does what most folk do not, and he could care less what people think. Somewhat unusual but not unheard of, IMO, for high profile people to go against the grain in their attitude, looks, etc. It's more fodder, IMO, to keep people talking about how he (and his clients) just don't fit into the usual mold.

I’m quite ok with people who might be considered by some to be unique, eccentric, or renegade, etc. It’s his tactics such as the verifiable lies intended to disparage victims and mislead others that I find reprehensible. He (or anyone) could be the most reserved, elegant, and staid human around and I’d still be appalled. On top of it all, he’s serving as a terrible example of those who perhaps journey off the more common pathways and take or make a different route. Thinking and acting differently from others don’t require a person to behave badly as he is in MOO. All MOO.

Edited: I actually had “differently from the norm” above! I’m a night owl but maybe I need a Diet Coke. Ack!

Last edited:
Also, what is up with that twice rubber banded pony tail? Really. Could someone give him some conditioner for his hair? Maybe FD has some extra moisturizer left over from when FD was shaving his head, so no DNA of his was detected at crime scene. I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't handle my green tea.
Send Scrunchies.

So what do you guys think caused the change in demeanor for FD and NP today? Just the judge calling NP out?

Good to see a CT Judge asserting some authority. I'm not sure this would rattle Pat, but lets hope the pouts were because they had word regarding the search. I had given up on finding Jennifer quiet a while ago but this search has me on edge. I can't imagine how her family and friends are feeling.

Seems to me the important distinction between the people of Hartford and those closer to FD's home is their powerlessness.

His neighbors would have immediately protested a stranger stuffing garbage in their cans and would have called the authorities.

Obviously, that's not what happened in Hartford. Thirty-plus stops and no one called LE?

Unfortunately, and not necessarily coincidentally, these people wouldn't be predominantly white.

This is the way of the Deep South where I live. Perhaps it also is in Connecticut?

MOO

It just burns me up when people take advantage of others who they perceive as having no way to defend themselves or fight back. The fact that so much vital evidence has come from those FD apparently thought were “less than” him—these trash-can owners, EE, the people who found the knife and pillow, the school buses—is poetic, ironic, justice in a story already too appalling and sad to bear. MOO.

MOO
There is alot of crime in this neighborhood. I think discussion here has agreed on that. People in these neighborhoods don't call police for mundane incidents like weird trash dumping because nobody wants anybody to be caught in a crime. Once police show up for something like the Odyssey, somebody ends up as collateral damage. Even the law abiding have friends who are shoplifting, dealing drugs, etc. These are considered victimless crimes. People there would have known the Raptor didn't belong. It would not have been an affront to their dignity nor would the residents have felt powerless. They just don't call LE for every little thing. The Raptor and it's activities would have been an object of curiosity and speculation. A week later when residents found out a rich guy in Farmington was being investigated in the disappearance of his wife, people there would have been like, whoa, remember that dude in the truck. IME.

Twenty posts were recently removed from another thread when we got carried away posting about hair.

We may be missing much of tonight's conversation by daylight but you guys were funny!

(Made me sing the theme song from "Hair, the Musical" in my head!)

There is alot of crime in this neighborhood. I think discussion here has agreed on that. People in these neighborhoods don't call police for mundane incidents like weird trash dumping because nobody wants anybody to be caught in a crime. Once police show up for something like the Odyssey, somebody ends up as collateral damage. Even the law abiding have friends who are shoplifting, dealing drugs, etc. These are considered victimless crimes. People there would have known the Raptor didn't belong. It would not have been an affront to their dignity nor would the residents have felt powerless. They just don't call LE for every little thing. The Raptor and it's activities would have been an object of curiosity and speculation. A week later when residents found out a rich guy in Farmington was being investigated in the disappearance of his wife, people there would have been like, whoa, remember that dude in the truck. IME.

I think you are spot on.

Bella Vita, with all due respect, my friend, I think you have made my point. People in areas like this don't call LE because rather than having an expectation of protection, they fear they or their friends will be caught and charged with crimes. They have learned this from experience. Not seeking help when you've been wronged is the very definition of powerlessness. MOO

Last edited:

Interesting to ponder. Huh. I definitely would have thought the residents would feel insulted or that their property or turf was violated by some rich person and his girlfriend nonchalantly chatting on the phone while he leaves his “trash” at their houses. Even if they weren’t mad, I am offended on their behalf. I know (or think I know) that putting one’s trash out makes it fair game for people like investigators to go through it but having a trash can out at the street for the trash to be picked up doesn’t mean strangers ought to feel free to come put their trash in with the owner’s. I know it’s different but someone I used to work with told me her mom used to put her small weekly bag of trash in with the neighbor’s trash and that while the neighbor was fine with it, the trash-removal person saw her do it once and got upset and said it was illegal. That was just a low-middle-income neighborhood. I’m pretty much live and let live but I’d be bothered if someone put trash in my trash can out at the road—not over the trash but it would feel like a violation of my space or something. I would not be one bit surprised if someone out here in the country came out with a shotgun if the person saw someone putting trash into the property owner’s trash can. It wouldn’t be about the trash; it’d be about the presumption and sense of violation. Interesting. I need to think more about this. Thank you for sharing this interesting perspective! MOO.

Has everyone noticed that we all get a little giddy and giggly after midnight EST?

Sh** is going to hit the fan Very Soon for FO.

We need to get all the rest we can get right now to save our energy for the coming onslaught of information, even with a GAG order in place.

Hahahahahahaha.

IMO.
Yes, late hours in the day duly noted, along with at this stage in the game, the gloves come off... which is when we need to keep some humor going or go bonkers...

Such heinous and ruinous behavior towards a loved one is beyond comprehension... why couldn't FD just get he be gone back to Greece or wherever, if he wasn't satisfied with his situation in CT?

Because he is a taker and deplorable human being who cares nothing for his wife and children... such a travesty.

Jennifer, we stand with you and your family and community!! It'll never be right nor accepted, what FD did to you for his own gain, and justice is coming. We're more than sorry it went on this long, everyone is looking back and will do everything we can to keep this from happening again!!

Thinking of you, we'll keep you in our hearts forever <3

Bella Vita, with all due respect, my friend, I think you have made my point. People in areas like this don't call LE because rather than an expectation of protection, they fear they or their friends will be caught and charged with crimes. They have learned this from experience. Not seeking help when you've been wronged is the very definition of powerlessness. MOO
They're not powerless. Most don't think of themselves that way. And I think it is a disservice to the people living in these neighborhoods to assign such thoughts to them. I have lived in the thick of it and I can say that not a single person I knew there would ever feel powerless or wronged due to seeing something like the Odyssey. I am grateful for my time there. I found out that convicted felons, very often, are not very scary, for instance. If I was prostituting or selling drugs, that is a choice I have made and it would be really disingenuous to call LE for weird trash dumping. It's common sense. I totally disagree with your premise that people should be immune from arrest if they call in weird trash dumping. If they are collateral damage to a mundane call about trash dumping, so be it. They have chosen to commit a crime, whatever it is. If police come to investigate and an arrest is made not related to the original call, so be it. IME. IMO.

Thanks, afitzy! Lest we forget:

"Foley said the disposal of evidence in Hartford was “disrespectful.”

Police said a black Ford Raptor matching Dulos’ truck was documented stopping at more than 30 locations along a four mile stretch of Albany Avenue between Baltimore and Edward Streets. The area is a 70-mile drive from Jennifer Dulos’ New Canaan and a seven-mile drive from Fotis’ Jefferson Crossing development.

“Why would you select that neighborhood? There’s no known ties there,” Foley said in an interview with FOX61 on Monday. “It is probably one of the only all minority neighborhoods in the area in that region of the state. And that one area was selected to dump off that garbage. It seems like to me, as a detective, that’s a person trying to pin it on a person of color,” Foley said. Foley made similar comments on FOX & Friends on Fox News Channel on Friday, September 6. When asked about the comments on Monday Foley said he stood behind them “100 percent.”
I just watched it again and then again. It actually made me feel a bit queasy watching the video twice and writing about this entire topic is difficult as its a minefield.

But I thought about trying to understand on a very basic level what made me feel so uncomfortable about listening to the video, so here goes.

I have such mixed thoughts on why the State felt compelled to make this particular statement at this exact moment? And why now after months of silence from the State on the JD Case? Why not make a statement about the victim or even speak about the investigation? But no, that isn't what the State believed to be most important when it came to speak with the public after 2 months of virtual silence. Nope. The State felt it was important to speak to the public about 'disrespect' and 'pinning this crime on a person of color' as it relates to the JD case.

What purpose does the Foley statement serve? Is the statement about "disrespect" based on evidence found in the case or was the purpose of the statement to cynically prejudice potential jurors by fanning the flames of racism?

Race baiting in the Cambridge Dictionary is defined as, "the act of intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issue/s relating to race, often to get a political advantage". I hope this statement from Foley was not gratuitous race baiting and has some basis in fact using evidence found in the case investigation. But its honestly hard not to think otherwise. Really hope this is not race baiting, as Hartford and the State of CT don't need this ever IMO and certainly not now on this case.

I would like to give Foley the benefit of the doubt here but on the surface it appears that he tied a few facts together (why that neighborhood, no known ties, all minority neighborhood - all true, but are they connected or related to each other and how are they relevant to FD/MT? IDK but I hope Foley knows in great detail!) that we don't know if they are at all related to what FD and MT might have been thinking about, and drawn the conclusion that the disposal of evidence in Hartford was 'disrespectful'.

Foley is standing behind his statement 100% so we will have to see whether this trip down Albany by FD and MT was driven by factors that are truly 'disrespectful' and that this crime by FD and MT "was designed to pin it on a person of color"?

I just wish that this Foley comment and any associated evidence to support it had been presented in a court of law where I believe it appropriately belongs rather than at a press conference with zero context and the old school 'trust me I'm LE' bravado which IMO is patronizing to any thoughtful person listening that cares about all people.

I have no idea if anything being said by Foley in his statement was true as he gave a conclusion without supporting facts IMO. I just hope as a public spokesperson that he has facts to back up his statement relating to 'disrespect' and 'pinning this crime on a person of color' that these facts will be put forward in court at some point.

I would hope that LE was responsible in their statement about the event and that before calling it "disrespectful" that they had evidence from FD and/or MT to support that statement. Otherwise it seems to be fanning the flames of racial hatred and anger unnecessarily as the statements from Foley might simply not be based on fact.

IDK what to think but it made me personally very uncomfortable that Foley was asking me as somebody listening to him to trust him on this as he gave me no reason to as he provided zero in the way of information or context to make me at all comfortable trusting him.

This has been a strange WS case IMO as LE commentary has been minimal and I think we have only heard from the State Police 1 or 2 times through this entire case so far. Many on WS questioned why the trip down Albany happened and why might FD and MT picked Albany Avenue as a location to dispense with evidence in the JD case. Could the choice have been related to the racial makeup and been planned cynically by FD? Sure, many on WS believe this to be the case and its a personal opinion. I guess I hope the State Spokesperson to a higher standard than just his opinion and I hope his statements have alot of evidence to support them.

We have had none of the typical press conferences etc. that we routinely see in similar cases. So, we have no relationship with Foley (or even NCPD Chief K. for that matter) as we don't know him and he hasn't been with us all as we make our way through the public information on the case because Justice for Jennifer is important to us in some way. We really have had no relationship with any member of the State's Team even though we saw them working very hard under very difficult conditions to do their jobs.

Yet we now see a State Police Spokesperson asking us to believe with no stated proof, that the trip down Albany was "disrespectful" and "designed to pin this crime on a person of color".

Maybe Foley is correct but I will wait for the evidence to be presented in court to support his statements before believing that the trip down Albany Ave was racially motivated.

MOO

They're not powerless. Most don't think of themselves that way. And I think it is a disservice to the people living in these neighborhoods to assign such thoughts to them. I have lived in the thick of it and I can say that not a single person I knew there would ever feel powerless or wronged due to seeing something like the Odyssey. I am grateful for my time there. I found out that convicted felons, very often, are not very scary, for instance. If I was prostituting or selling drugs, that is a choice I have made and it would be really disingenuous to call LE for weird trash dumping. It's common sense. I totally disagree with your premise that people should be immune from arrest if they call in weird trash dumping. If they are collateral damage to a mundane call about trash dumping, so be it. They have chosen to commit a crime, whatever it is. If police come to investigate and an arrest is made not related to the original call, so be it. IME. IMO.

BBM

Huh?
I know it's late but I'm pretty sure that's not what I said.
At least it's not what I meant to say.
I'm just gonna' move on back to the case.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I agree with you that the people aren't powerless or don't think of themselves that way.

But would it make you angry if you were a resident of Albany Ave. and the State was saying in a Press Conference that you had been "disrespected" and that FD and MT "were trying to pin this crime on a person of color" and this weren't true?

IMO if this weren't true and I'm living on Albany I would be heap loads angry!

MOO

I’m quite ok with people who might be considered by some to be unique, eccentric, or renegade, etc. It’s his tactics such as the verifiable lies intended to disparage victims and mislead others that I find reprehensible. He (or anyone) could be the most reserved, elegant, and staid human around and I’d still be appalled. On top of it all, he’s serving as a terrible example of those who perhaps journey off the more common pathways and take or make a different route. Thinking and acting differently from others don’t require a person to behave badly as he is in MOO. All MOO.

Edited: I actually had “differently from the norm” above! I’m a night owl but maybe I need a Diet Coke. Ack!
Yeah, HopeForTheBest, I totally agree on NP's behavior 'defending' FD, it's reprehensible and more!! I was just responding about NP's looks, since so many posts were about his physical appearance (double ponytail and all), not about his tactics, etc. MOO

I agree with you that the people aren't powerless or don't think of themselves that way.

But would it make you angry if you were a resident of Albany Ave. and the State was saying in a Press Conference that you had been "disrespected" and that FD and MT "were trying to pin this crime on a person of color" and this weren't true?

IMO if this weren't true and I'm living on Albany I would be heap loads angry!

MOO
100%. But we are now in the age of social media. Without corroboration, that LE statement should never have been made. Race baiting and identity politics. UGH.

AND....Those items were never meant to be found. IMO. So how was it that the crime was attempting to be pinned on anybody?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member