GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

So what was the exact sentence?
@gitana1
UPDATE -- Judge Donald Oda sentenced Brooke Skylar Richardson to three years of basic supervision Friday for the charge of abuse of a corpse. He said the standard rules for community control, or probation, apply.

Oda also ordered Richardson to spend seven days in the county jail, but credited her for seven days already served. That means, she is going home.

Richardson going home, sentence is 3 years community control

And do you think she would have told him she was pregnant?

I don't know. No one can know. Maybe she would have hung up on him. Maybe his asking would have pierced through her denials to herself that she was pregnant.

My point is I have a problem with holding only one partner responsible for an unintended pregnancy and the consequences when it took bad choices by two.

@gitana1
UPDATE -- Judge Donald Oda sentenced Brooke Skylar Richardson to three years of basic supervision Friday for the charge of abuse of a corpse. He said the standard rules for community control, or probation, apply.

Oda also ordered Richardson to spend seven days in the county jail, but credited her for seven days already served. That means, she is going home.

Richardson going home, sentence is 3 years community control

Anything else? What are her terms of probation?

The baby is a footnote in the minds of the people that are supporting her and saying she didn't harm the baby. People are arguing she was victimized by the prosecution and that the baby was a stillborn. People are choosing to believe that in order to give her a pass. But just my opinion and feeling about the case. We can agree to disagree.

I liked the judge's statement and condemnation of her.

The baby is not a footnote in my mind. She has been at the forefront of my thoughts from beginning to end. I have listened to the testimony for 2 weeks and I have wept for Annabelle. I am a mother of two children who I love more than life, I get very emotional about any crime involving children which is probably what drew me to this one in the first place.

I've had to walk away from this thread a number of times because some of the content has been upsetting. I believe the baby was probably still born and I believe the verdicts were correct. I don't believe that Skylar intentionally planned to kill or harm her child. That doesn't mean I haven't cried for Annabelle, that my heart doesn't hurt for any pain she felt or at the thought of her being all alone.

I don't know if I'm being over sensitive about this but for many personal reasons, any discussion about stillbirth or neonatal death particularly descriptions of such, are extremely difficult for me. I have to say, I have resented the implications that anyone who has given Skylar an inch somehow doesn't care about the baby or, as was suggested in a post yesterday, thinks it is okay to kill one. I don't even have the words to explain how wide of the mark that is.

This is the first case I have got deeply involved in on this forum and I have been privileged to speak with some very intelligent people on both sides of the debate but some of the comments have been genuinely upsetting.

Yes! That's exactly what one of the gals said on Court TV. They were laughing about it which I did think was rude. IMO

They were expressing their opinion which many share and they get paid for it. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know. No one can know. Maybe she would have hung up on him. Maybe his asking would have pierced through her denials to herself that she was pregnant.

My point is I have a problem with holding only one partner responsible for an unintended pregnancy and the consequences when it took bad choices by two.
So do you think Annabelle's father is responsible for Skylar's actions? I'm trying to understand your point.

I know I've already said I think the baby was alive...But even if the baby showed no signs of life...SR was not medically qualified to make that call. She is painted as a highly suggestable person, but she had no problem taking control of that situation and determining her child was dead. No medical opinions to make sure...She had no problem putting her child in the ground. I just can't imagine. And she seemed giddy the next day in her texts. Yuck.

Holy cow! No, I don't remember that. Was it during opening statements? I need to run to the store, but I'm willing to dig for it.

Go to 28:45 in this clip and pause it:

ETA: Never mind, this is not it! Hold on! There's another page and I don't think he shows it here. I think the prosecutor shows it later with this witness or another I'll try to find it.

While I agree with you in situations where both partners are aware of the pregnancy, I can't extend that to this case. There was no reasonable way for him to know, IMO. She ghosted him.

So do you think Annabelle's father is responsible for Skylar's actions? I'm trying to understand your point.

Me, too.

Here it is!!!! Go to 32:40 and pause:

ETA: This is in response to @justme11 - the earlier clip was not the right one. Here's the clip that has the note of Tre's mom rolling her eyes at detectives when they tell her they believe Tre might be the father.

Last edited:

No, of course Tre isn't responsible for any of Skylar's choices. But he is responsible for his own.

My original comment was in response to what Tre's mother said in court today. She's entitled to her feelings, and I can understand it would be difficult to find out what she did, especially given all the circumstances.

Again, the problem I have is with assigning all blame for what happened solely to Skylar's "selfish" choices.

Again, as I've made crystal clear to my DS, if he makes the choice to have unprotected sex, he is equally responsible for any of the consequences that follow, responsible for knowing what they are, and,whether or not he or anyone else thinks it's right or fair, he will have to abide by whatever decision his partner makes about the pregnancy.

Regarding how they found out I think it was testified to that Trey originally told the police he couldn’t be the father. I don’t know it that’s because he forgot he had unprotected sex with her or if he forgot when it happened.

He didn't believe he was the father because of her own actions. She didn't tell him, ever. They dated for a month -August 2017, and she broke up with him citing she wanted to concentrate on cheer, senior year, and proceeded to block him from all contact, social media, etc. He thought - how could it be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back