CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

Another anomaly that is rarely mentioned is there was remnants of sticky tape around her ankles. Now if someone was going to commit suicide and bind there legs, would they tie there legs with sticky tape then think, i know, i want use that, remove it and look for rope then go through all that again. Was there a search for tape ever done? What type of tape was it? It didn't just vanish, where is it?
I think one explanation was that the tape may have been some sort of sports tape or something like that. I don't know how much they searched for it, just that it was never found.
I don't know if they ever found a reason she would have used it, such as an injury, or even if she had ever used it in the past.
It's just one of the many mysteries that there seems to be no reasonable explanation for. Imo

e.
This is true, but I believe the lividity patterns are consistent with her being in that position.

I think he did hang her body from that balcony. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had the rope in the bedroom, tossed it outside and over the balcony, took her body down there and tied the noose around her neck (and the other bindings) and then went back upstairs and yanked her up to the hanging position (this causing the neck injuries) and tying the rope around the bedpost.

I think he was hoping someone else would find her first.

I wish that it was mandatory that if a defendant is found guilty of murder in a civil suit, the investigation must be re-opened and conducted by an outside agency from far outside the jurisdiction of the original investigating agency.
TristanP I agree with an outside agency must come in and investigate the case.

This whole case was dealt with such horrific irresponsibility and unprofessionalism, that even people like me, with no knowledge at all about forensics and all that goes with it, can see clear as day that Rebecca DID NOT kill herself.

I remember when the case first hit the news. I knew it couldn’t be suicide. What woman hangs herself naked in public?! That’s all I needed to know. Never mind the forensics. Gore and his cronies tied themselves in knots (figuratively...and literally in the video) to prove Rebecca committed suicide. Nope. Never bought it. Leaving her out in the sun uncovered for hours for the news helicopters to film was the clincher proving that they had an agenda. And the rest of the forensics (or lack thereof) that have been revealed over the years has only verified what I knew from the beginning. It’s unbelievable that Gore and Company (i.e. Shaknai’s) have been able to stonewall for so many years. As Bob Dylan wrote: “Money doesn’t talk. It swears.”
JMO

Well, yes, anything other than accidental or suicide.
Homicide would be best, I would think. If it were undetermined, it doesn't necessarily imply that someone else was involved. Imo

The value in having the Cause of Death changed to undetermined would be so an investigation could be open to determine the cause. Right now with the cause of death as suicide there is little chance of reopening this case. Undetermined implies only one thing: that the cause of death is undetermined. I don't know what it would take to take a second or third look at that cause of death--- and how it was arrived at. we all here pretty much agree, there has been an epic injustice here and I hope someone or a few someones with power and authority will some day revisit this case.

I have been talking about data that was removed from Rebecca's phone after her murder and while it was in the custody of SDSD. Here are 2 pages of her records that shows the phone was still on an connected to the server. There was data removed from her phone and there were 2 calls made using her phone.

Attachments

• Phone Records.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Some excellent points made here from the programme "Death At The Mansion" (Oxygen) Some touched on and some not addressed in the programme.

TCRS assessment of DEATH AT THE MANSION [Part 2 of 2]

The finale of the 4-part series is by far the best, basically because the presenters finally quit pussyfooting around the main suspect – Adam Shacknai – and finally get to grips with the idea of Rebecca’s death being a homicide, not a suicide. Why it takes these documentaries so long just to get up to speed is just plain sad. If each of the 4 episodes was as solid as the last, it would have been a damn good package.

One aspect touched on in the final few minutes of the finale was the same limiting aspect I discovered writing the first book and second in the Red Rope series. There is a heck of a lot of information that the public and the media simply don’t have access to. This restricts the scope of documentaries and to some extent written narratives too. That being said, episode four provides some useful glimpses at items of evidence from the crime scene that haven’t been seen before. So, without further ado, let’s deal with seven significant evidentiary aspects.

All points explained in link provided.

1. Rebecca’s Bed
2. The Orientation of the Room.
3. The Candle
4. The “Rope Burn”
5. “Blood Imprint” on Rebecca’s Left Inner Thigh.
6. Two Pairs of Gloves were Found at the Crime Scene.
7. 3D Rendering of Rebecca’s Route to the Balcony.

The value in having the Cause of Death changed to undetermined would be so an investigation could be open to determine the cause. Right now with the cause of death as suicide there is little chance of reopening this case. Undetermined implies only one thing: that the cause of death is undetermined. I don't know what it would take to take a second or third look at that cause of death--- and how it was arrived at. we all here pretty much agree, there has been an epic injustice here and I hope someone or a few someones with power and authority will some day revisit this case.
Yes, but I was referring to the manner of death. I have heard of cases where they have been able to reopen investigations, even years later, based on the manner of death (not necessarily COD) being changed to homicide but it is probably a complicated process.
First you would have to find someone willing to do it, and I don't know how easy that would be. Imo

Yes, but I was referring to the manner of death. I have heard of cases where they have been able to reopen investigations, even years later, based on the manner of death (not necessarily COD) being changed to homicide but it is probably a complicated process.
First you would have to find someone willing to do it, and I don't know how easy that would be. Imo

I stand corrected: that would be manner of death- and at least for now, no one seems interested in challenging it as a suicide.

Some excellent points made here from the programme "Death At The Mansion" (Oxygen) Some touched on and some not addressed in the programme.

The finale of the 4-part series is by far the best, basically because the presenters finally quit pussyfooting around the main suspect – Adam Shacknai – and finally get to grips with the idea of Rebecca’s death being a homicide, not a suicide. Why it takes these documentaries so long just to get up to speed is just plain sad. If each of the 4 episodes was as solid as the last, it would have been a damn good package.

One aspect touched on in the final few minutes of the finale was the same limiting aspect I discovered writing the first book and second in the Red Rope series. There is a heck of a lot of information that the public and the media simply don’t have access to. This restricts the scope of documentaries and to some extent written narratives too. That being said, episode four provides some useful glimpses at items of evidence from the crime scene that haven’t been seen before. So, without further ado, let’s deal with seven significant evidentiary aspects.

All points explained in link provided.

1. Rebecca’s Bed
2. The Orientation of the Room.
3. The Candle
4. The “Rope Burn”
5. “Blood Imprint” on Rebecca’s Left Inner Thigh.
6. Two Pairs of Gloves were Found at the Crime Scene.
7. 3D Rendering of Rebecca’s Route to the Balcony.

Great analysis and thanks for the photos. They're very helpful and new. I'm going to re-watch that Oxygen episode.

Just one point about the bed in the death room - the bed wasn't Rebecca's. She shared the bed in the master bedroom with Jonah. IIRC, the crime scene room was actually one she and Jonah used as a computer room. Back then, a lot of people were still using desktop computers and they kept one in there. Pretty sure the bed was used for guests.

Burma can probably verify all this or correct me if I'm wrong. Rebecca slept in the master bedroom, kept her clothes their and used that bath area. That's where she was taking a shower prior to her murder. It always seemed odd that she would get out of the master bath shower, wrap a towel around herself then walk down a couple of hallways to the computer room (on the other side of the house) to paint the odd message on the door, bind her self up and hop off the balcony.

Great analysis and thanks for the photos. They're very helpful and new. I'm going to re-watch that Oxygen episode.

Just one point about the bed in the death room - the bed wasn't Rebecca's. She shared the bed in the master bedroom with Jonah. IIRC, the crime scene room was actually one she and Jonah used as a computer room. Back then, a lot of people were still using desktop computers and they kept one in there. Pretty sure the bed was used for guests.

Burma can probably verify all this or correct me if I'm wrong. Rebecca slept in the master bedroom, kept her clothes their and used that bath area. That's where she was taking a shower prior to her murder. It always seemed odd that she would get out of the master bath shower, wrap a towel around herself then walk down a couple of hallways to the computer room (on the other side of the house) to paint the odd message on the door, bind her self up and hop off the balcony.

You are correct Rebecca slept in the master bedroom, the crime scene room was a guest bedroom. I'm not sure where the computer actually was and I believe there were two laptops in the house.

Definitely murder. The idea that this was a suicide is ludicrous.

One thing that I alway found interesting is that on the 911 call Adam makes, his first words are along the lines of "I have a girl here....she hung herself." Considering the way she was found...hands and feet bound, gagged, etc... why would he automatically assume she hung herself and that foul play wasn't involved?? Because he was already trying to set up the BS suicide theory....unfortunately it worked.

The voicemail that dose not follow medical records timeline about Max. How did JS know the outcome of Max before the doctors did?

Respectfully snipped for focus.

I have missed something. Would you explain this, please?

On another topic, as a San Diego resident, I feel compelled to state that I have voted against Gore for years. I'm ashamed for my city that he keeps getting reelected.

On another topic, as a San Diego resident, I feel compelled to state that I have voted against Gore for years. I'm ashamed for my city that he keeps getting reelected.

Reportedly, shortly after midnight July 13, 2011 - JS allegedly left a voicemail message for Rebecca stating that Max (injured from a fall July 11) condition was worsening, and that he wasn't likely to recover. Rebecca was found dead in the early morning of July 13.

Oddly, others including Max's mother DS reported Max was placed in a medically induced coma, and his fatal diagnosis was not known on July 13 when JS allegedly delivered the bad news to Rebecca.

Max died on July 17, 2011 -- four days after JS alleged voicemail.

I believe the o/p disagrees that JS reported Max injuries were fatal on July 13-- before doctors made the determination.

MOO

From TristanP:

"I wish that it was mandatory that if a defendant is found guilty of murder in a civil suit, the investigation must be re-opened and conducted by an outside agency from far outside the jurisdiction of the original investigating agency."

This.

JS stated he called Becky and left a voicemail about Max's condition, that he had taken a turn for the worse. Max's doctor did not know Max had taken a turn for the worse until the next day after another test. The test was conducted after Becky's murder, actually while the scene was still being processed. The doctor did not inform JS until after Becky was murdered that Max was not going to make it. That is the timeline I am referring to.

JS stated he called Becky and left a voicemail about Max's condition, that he had taken a turn for the worse. Max's doctor did not know Max had taken a turn for the worse until the next day after another test. The test was conducted after Becky's murder, actually while the scene was still being processed. The doctor did not inform JS until after Becky was murdered that Max was not going to make it. That is the timeline I am referring to.
This is important because Gore used the "fact" of the (supposedly deleted, never-heard) vm, which supposedly informed Rebecca of Max's dire prognosis and impending death, to support his bizarre suicide theory. In other words, LE said that whatever was in Jonah's vm to Rebecca, it was the precipitating factor in her suicide. However, since Rebecca's vm messages had all been mysteriously (and conveniently) erased by the time LE examined her phone, the only evidence of the VM is JS's word (as told to LE) that he left it, and what it said.

So the missing vm, which, if it had existed, included a fatal prognosis for Max, when his doctors had not yet made such a prognosis, became the catalyst for Rebecca to kill herself over the grief and guilt and shame of her role in Max's death.

Have I confused you? I'm sorry. It is what it is.
Wait. It is what they say it was. Right?

This is important because Gore used the "fact" of the (supposedly deleted, never-heard) vm, which supposedly informed Rebecca of Max's dire prognosis and impending death, to support his bizarre suicide theory. In other words, LE said that whatever was in Jonah's vm to Rebecca, it was the precipitating factor in her suicide. However, since Rebecca's vm messages had all been mysteriously (and conveniently) erased by the time LE examined her phone, the only evidence of the VM is JS's word (as told to LE) that he left it, and what it said.

So the missing vm, which, if it had existed, included a fatal prognosis for Max, when his doctors had not yet made such a prognosis, became the catalyst for Rebecca to kill herself over the grief and guilt and shame of her role in Max's death.

Have I confused you? I'm sorry. It is what it is.
Wait. It is what they say it was. Right?
In short yes you are correct.
Then while her phone was in SDSD custody it was left on for 6 weeks and over 20,000kb of data was removed. Also while in SDSD evidence there were two calls made to her voicemail on two separate days. SDSD has no evidence there was ever a VM or any evidence to show it had been deleted. They never wrote a warrant for Beckys cell phone records. We have them that show the data was removed and there were two calls made to her voicemail.
Gore simply pushed the suicide theory, AS is not able to dupe an entire sheriff's department alone.

Thank you.

I have been talking about data that was removed from Rebecca's phone after her murder and while it was in the custody of SDSD. Here are 2 pages of her records that shows the phone was still on an connected to the server. There was data removed from her phone and there were 2 calls made using her phone.

This is huge! What has been LE's response to this information? How do they explain it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back