NY NY - Sneha Ann Philip, 31, New York City, 10 Sep 2001

did a little more research: sounds like she took off with this woman. The woman may not have had much family or is still in contact with her family. Sneha simply hid out at this womans place in NYC after 9/11 and then they moved somewhere, she has a new identity and may even be practicing medicine somewhere.

Have just listened to a podcast on this case on YouTube. I'm curious as to the shopping she brought bed linen and clothes and where that ended up. I agree that there isn't enough to place her at the WTC.

Hearing about this for the first time ever on Unsolved Mysteries today. I think she was murdered on Sept 10th. Her bags never made it to the apartment and her husband said she wasn’t home by the time he left work at 6am on September 11th. She often left the bar with strangers. I mean it’s clear as day...

Her family find peace in thinking she died in 9/11 but I don’t think that’s how it went down.

Hearing about this for the first time ever on Unsolved Mysteries today. I think she was murdered on Sept 10th. Her bags never made it to the apartment and her husband said she wasn’t home by the time he left work at 6am on September 11th. She often left the bar with strangers. I mean it’s clear as day...

Her family find peace in thinking she died in 9/11 but I don’t think that’s how it went down.

I think your right. I really do hope shes out there somewhere living her best life. But I'm not so sure

A phone call was reportedly placed to her husband's phone at 4am from their apartment phone. The husband reportedly believes he must have been trying to check his voicemail, but says he does not remember doing so. Has anyone seen anything further about this?

There reportedly is video from the apartment security cameras of a woman resembling her near the elevators of the apartment shortly before the first tower was hit. The woman on the camera apparently is by the elevators for a couple minutes and then walks away. Has anyone seen this video or does anyone have a link to it? At least one report from a few years ago says it's never been publicly released. Sneha Anne Philip: New York Doctor Disappears on September 11th

It's a very interesting and sad story, personally i think she died at the towers. If we were to look into confirmed victims of the attacks lives leading up to that day i bet there'd be loads you could frame into a Sneha like story if they weren't confirmed already. Reminds me of various other missing persons cases like say Maura Murray which is particularly frustrating because there's a bunch of stuff prior to her disappearance which could be completely irrelevent (other than possibly as the reason she needed some time to herself) and yet we focus largely on that because there's nothing else.

It certainly is possible that it was foul play or she ran away but i find those less likely personally.

Published - 11 September 2019
The enduring 9/11 mystery of missing Dr. Philip: How cops remain stumped by the disappearance of a married New Yorker who vanished the night before the attack

18350692-7452651-image-a-30_1568242299090.jpg
18350690-7452651-image-a-21_1568242220657.jpg

Seven years after September 11, 2001, Dr. Sneha Anne Philip was officially listed as the 2,751st victim of the terrorist attacks that took the lives of nearly 3,000 Americans. Yet, her disappearance continues to be one 9/11’s most enduring mysteries. On the afternoon of September 10, 2001, the 31- year-old doctor left her apartment in Battery Park City, never to be seen again.

The last image ever taken of Sneha was captured via CCTV footage while she purchased a dress, lingerie, panty hose, bed linens and three pair of shoes from the Century 21 department store a few blocks from her home in downtown Manhattan.
---
Her husband, Ron Lieberman came home from work that evening around midnight to an empty apartment. Although strange, it wasn’t out of the ordinary for Sneha to stay out late with friends. By the time his alarm clock went off the next morning on September 11, 2001 – Sneha was still not home. A few hours later, American Airlines Flight 11 crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center just three blocks from couple’s one-bedroom Tribeca apartment.

The city descended into chaos, Lieberman tried dialing his wife from work and got the answering machine. Panic began to settle in when nobody in Sneha’s family had heard from her either.
---
The last time Lieberman saw his wife was the previous morning when he kissed her good-bye before leaving to work in the Bronx where he was an emergency-room intern at the Jacobi Medical Center. He hitched a ride back to his apartment in an ambulance to look for Sneha, but the trip amidst frantic traffic took six hours. By 9pm, he made his way past the rubble and destruction toward his building but the front doors were closed shut without electricity. He was forced to give up and spend a sleepless night on a friends couch in the nearby West Village before finally heading home on the morning of September 12.
---
Grey soot coated every surface in his apartment. There was no sign of Sneha; only the paw prints their cats had laid in the surface of the dust.

18350686-7452651-image-a-36_1568292190599.jpg

(The last confirmed sighting of Sneha was on September 10, 2001 while shopping at the Century 21 department store in downtown Manhattan. She purchased lingerie, panty-hose and bed-sheets)

(lots of photos in the link)
Sneha Philip disappeared night before 9/11 amid allegations of double life and lesbian affairs | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
So wait. She is listed as a 9/11 victim?

Yeah the family's request to have her recognized as a victim was initially denied before it was overturned on appeal. It was ruled that it was highly probable despite there being no direct proof and LE's claims like her having an affair with her brothers girlfriend, etc were dismissed as hearsay, which lets face it they were. The family's lawyer cited another possible victim who has never been directly proven as a victim yet was accepted, one of the three judges dissented however and particularly disagreed with those cases being similar enough to compare.

So yeah, i doubt her disappearance is being investigated anymore since 2008 she has officially been a victim of 9/11 whether you believe that or not. Only way we'll find out is if she's alive and she resurfaces or is found, or if someone confesses to harming her. Personally i believe she died at the towers.

did a little more research: sounds like she took off with this woman. The woman may not have had much family or is still in contact with her family. Sneha simply hid out at this womans place in NYC after 9/11 and then they moved somewhere, she has a new identity and may even be practicing medicine somewhere.
She cannot possibly be practicing medicine anywhere in the civilized world. There are such lengthy stringent licensing and credentialing requirements it would be impossible to fly under that particular radar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back