GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The only thing I do have a problem with is that the defendant is allowed to have this close interaction of hugging, kissing, laughing, engrossed conversation with members of his family in the courtroom. I find it to be disrespectful to the court and the victims family. Completely inappropriate and I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it. Since when are defendants allowed to carry on like this with people in the courtroom? Moo
Oh I agree. Does the jury know he's incarcerated at all? I haven't been able to watch much of the testimony, have been out of town.

i see what you are saying, but i don't think anyone but Heather was in her vehicle. There would have been some evidence found.
If her car was that messy then they very easily could have tossed her stuff aside then threw it all back. I also don’t think you would notice a struggle in a messy car like that. However I do see what you saying.

What would one bag of cement have to do with the neighbors pouring cement for a driveway?

Remember the story near the time this happened that that PC car had hit a deer?
Have always thought they had help & used other vehicles, too.
Longbeard’s so close to 31.
The gunshot reported to police off of 31 that night has always concerned me.
So has Amber Berbiglia’s murder near a bridge.
Amber’s phone number was in SM phone. They worked together at TK.
Personally believe she is a victim of the M’s as well.

Now the bones found off Robert Edge. I’m curious if they have been identified yet?
Wow I missed that about the gunshot off of 31...

If her car was that messy then they very easily could have tossed her stuff aside then threw it all back. I also don’t think you would notice a struggle in a messy car like that. However I do see what you saying.

I think I remember speculation that if SM's DNA was found in Heather's car it would not be significant because it would be hard to determine when it got there. But was it ever determined whether there actually was any of SM's or TM's or anyone else's DNA in the car other than Heather's? It is a puzzle how the car got there if whatever happened to Heather occurred at Longbeard's. I guess if someone were completely covered and wearing gloves and a hat, it's possible not to leave any evidence of one's self?

Hey all! I'm trying to catch up. Did watch yesterday testimony about the detailed cleaning of the truck but SM, TM and their minions and burning of the rags. Any thoughts as to why this is just coming out?

I think they have stuff held back for a murder trial and that may be one tid bit they have released. jmo

I had a thought regarding the cement that I had dismissed a long time ago refresh in my head while cleaning the house today. I think it was triggered because we're hearing a little about a boat, and so the thought has returned.

What if that cement was to be used to weigh down Heather so they could put her in the water? If you are familiar with cases, you know that happens all the time when murderers try to dispose of their victim. Even Lacey Peterson had been weighed with cement. :(

Although I doubt we'll ever know if that was the case, I have to think that they had to have a reason to have a bag of cement sitting there so had that silly alibi of needing it for the playground at the ready. Which takes us back to premeditation.

Gosh, I hope murder charges come back.

Do we think Sid is going to take the stand?

If he does I'll be very surprised. He doesn't have TM drilling it into his head their version of the story and I don't think he'll be able to keep it straight. I did zoom in on the computer screen in front of him in one of the videos from yesterday, it looked like it was a deposition he was reading, best I can tell, couldn't read it just looked like one based on the format. To me that would be the only reason he's able to have a computer so that he can study his deposition, so maybe they are acting like he's going to testify...

Oh I agree. Does the jury know he's incarcerated at all? I haven't been able to watch much of the testimony, have been out of town.
Hey bestill! I haven't heard anything mentioned in front of the jury (or at all, now that I think about it) regarding his current incarceration.

Does anybody know if the State is allowed to bring that up? I imagine they can ask SM about it if he's on the witness stand, but can they bring it up with another witness or in closing arguments? Since he's in jail for obstructing the investigation that resulted in charges against him, I feel like the jury has a right to know that. But yeah, I know facts don't care about my feelings, so what are the facts?

Do we think Sid is going to take the stand?
RSBM: I've been debating about that. On the one hand, he may know how TM put the final nail in her coffin the moment she raised her right hand and swore to tell the truth. On the other hand, wasn't he whining, either at the end of his mistrial or his obstruction trial, about how he wanted to testify and Truslow wouldn't let him?

I'm not sure. I think he's a lot more passive than TM, but if he wants to testify, I have my doubts as to whether his current counsel will fight him very hard on it. That whole Defense table, top to bottom (SM included), seems so sleepy and apathetic compared to the likes of NL and CH.

Hey all! I'm trying to catch up. Did watch yesterday testimony about the detailed cleaning of the truck but SM, TM and their minions and burning of the rags. Any thoughts as to why this is just coming out?

I really hope the minions are prosecuted for obstructing justice, covering up a crime, perjury......

I think I remember speculation that if SM's DNA was found in Heather's car it would not be significant because it would be hard to determine when it got there. But was it ever determined whether there actually was any of SM's or TM's or anyone else's DNA in the car other than Heather's? It is a puzzle how the car got there if whatever happened to Heather occurred at Longbeard's. I guess if someone were completely covered and wearing gloves and a hat, it's possible not to leave any evidence of one's self?
Or they didn’t do it there. They could have incapacitated her in other ways. Stun gun, chloroform etc...if they planned to transport her in her car I would assume they would have been aware not to leave any traces of a struggle. If she was alive in her trunk there would be no evidence. Not sure how full her trunk was with belongings...
I also don’t think they were able to properly process the car initially and if SM’s DNA was in there it wouldn’t prove anything because he had been in her car previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23