Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been verified by LE ?? About finding footprints ?? Do you have a Link ??
I have never seen this mentioned by LE so I am curious to read about it.
TIA
Here's the link:-

2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."

Charlot, I think you are joking about BG being dressed up aren't you? :)

No, not a tuxedo, of course, but a fashionable sweater... I am merely trying to understand if he came with the intent to kill, or whether he expected to see someone else as well, expected a date. We are discussing if the girls were catfished, that they thought it was a date. It could have been the other way around - he came, expecting to meet someone else, and on seeing two teenagers, he might have returned back to the car and put on this jacket with that stuff in it. We don’t know what he wore underneath the jacket, it could be a nice sweater as well.

I won't entirely dismiss any idea until BG is caught, but here's my reasons for doubting the girls were planning on meeting someone that day.
  • They weren't dressed for it, IMO. I can't remember which interview (there was a man and a woman talking to AW over the phone - I think their theory was GK was BG), but AW even said Abby wouldn't have worn her hair that way if she was meeting a boy.
  • Holeman mentioned other audio of the girls. I think if the girls were going to meet someone, that's what they would have been talking about, and LE would be all over it. Maybe they are, but that isn't the impression I get. JMO BBM Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence"It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.
  • Again, I don't know which interview with BP or KG, but one of them explained when KG said she was leaving, Libby asked if she could drop them at the trail on her way. Whether or not they were secretly planning this along, it seems last minute, and in order to meet someone there, they would have then had to contact him somehow, and he also would have had to be available and hustle to get there and meet up. LE would probably know this from Libby's phone, IMO, and would be all over that, as well. JMO
  • If they planned to meet a boy, IMO, they would plan to meet somewhere on the north end of the bridge. Crossing the bridge would be something they might do with a boy(s), for fun. Again, JMO
  • KG said in her last interview with GH (sorry, no link right now) that LE has done the SM angle and it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the murders. This is subjective, of course.
So that is a really good point. The audio of the girls talking is key. If they were waiting on a boy their entire conversation would be about that...well at least most of it.

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."
Thank you! I'd never seen that. A set of footprints...

we have no way of knowing which witness saw OBG or YBG or when, or if any witness actually saw YBG on the trails. From what I surmise from info that can't be shared here is that YBG was not necessarily spotted on the trail, but a witness saw something related that needed to be reported. All the witness statements we know about were back when LE was looking for OBG.

I think there is probably specifics regarding this but the identity of the witnesses obviously needs protecting so it would never appear in a form that we could discuss openly, but my guess is there are 3 or 4 witnesses perhaps. MOO.

So I think it was the last interview KG did with GH where she talked about the searches. I want to find it again, but I swear she said while she and others were down looking around in the woods underneath the south end of the bridge, some other searchers were over in that little corner below where the last house on the private drive sits up high. And from over there they called to ask if anyone knew what kind of shoes they had on. So KG told them, it matched, and that's when she said they looked across the creek and found the girls.

If they were following a set of footsteps, the girls, or at least one of them, must have been in that area heading towards or into the creek. Wonder where the shoe was spotted? And I'm curious if it was only one set of prints?

Great information. What is your opinion on my thoughts on what happened. I think I have North and south ends straight in my head now. What if BG followed Abby and Libby to South End just to check no one was around. He made his way back to North End. They waited until he was out of sight and headed back across the bridge to get their ride home. BG was hiding and ambushed them. I see you have marked down the hill at the South End so I guess if this is where that was recorded then I'm completely wrong. I just can't get my head around him taking them all through the creek. It must have been very cold and BG doesn't look very agile.
Believe me, I have also wondered that very same scenario you just mentioned. He walked to the N end and got them from there, however, by looking at map that I posted, they would not have had to cross the creek to be left where they were found. One reason I have thought of your scenario is because LE has mentioned that the youtube videos are incorrect. I think we all assume everything happened on S end, DTH, across creek..but what if that is what is incorrect in all of the videos ??
IDK..this case drives me to drinking, but I have contemplated your very scenario described.

It's a bizarre theory but not impossible. I was thinking more along the lines that someone was going to donate money that someone else (donor's family member) wanted for themselves and possibly did the murders to prevent the person from donating. But I suppose murders near the bridge would also bring the attention to the bridge to fast track it and get the goals accomplished sooner. I'm sure someone can follow the money and the county records of land ownership and sales better than I.

This would explain why there was no imminent danger expressed to locals since the murders. Could also explain why/how the murders were preplanned and targeted to happen on/near the bridge, but maybe the victims themselves were not specifically targeted, unless lured to that location for the purpose of highlighting the bridge. But maybe it could have been anyone.

We don't know about the COD or murder scene. It was apparently quite gruesome. I imagine not anyone can murder for financial or property gain, and if so, probably not that horrifically. It makes me think the murderer is really a SK in the making with no other motive. But maybe a person with political, property, or financial motives hired an evil, aspiring SK to do the killing.

I pondered something similar back in March 2019.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Someone on Youtube spoke to a man who lives on W 300 N (First house on the right hand side if your coming from the old CPS building). He sold part of his land not knowing that they were going to erect the Feedom bridge He also had someone kicked off his land that is well known to this case.
What he has to say is very interesting.

So I think it was the last interview KG did with GH where she talked about the searches. I want to find it again, but I swear she said while she and others were down looking around in the woods underneath the south end of the bridge, some other searchers were over in that little corner below where the last house on the private drive sits up high. And from over there they called to ask if anyone knew what kind of shoes they had on. So KG told them, it matched, and that's when she said they looked across the creek and found the girls.

If they were following a set of footsteps, the girls, or at least one of them, must have been in that area heading towards or into the creek. Wonder where the shoe was spotted? And I'm curious if it was only one set of prints?

Kelsie and Gray Hughes Interview, Aug 20, 2019 @7:45mm

They searched the area underneath the bridge and the little wooded areas right underneath it. Looked up by the water and some trees and stuff that are down there. We looked at all those and then as we were going back up towards the private drive .. there was group of people standing on the driveway and another group that was down where I was but just a little bit more towards the house that's down there. When I was standing up there, I knew that we hadn't found anything so we were going to go back up to where the rest of our group was and then someone yelled up that they found a shoe and asked anybody that was around what type of shoe the girls were wearing.
As soon as I identified the shoe they had found, they actually looked across the creek and saw them.

I pondered something similar back in March 2019.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Someone on Youtube spoke to a man who lives on W 300 N (First house on the right hand side if your coming from the old CPS building). He sold part of his land not knowing that they were going to erect the Feedom bridge He also had someone kicked off his land that is well known to this case.
What he has to say is very interesting.
I have followed this line of thinking also. There is a lot of $$ to be available to enhance/build trail area, historic bridge, etc. Now think of the property girls were found (private Property), someone knew he wasn't home that day (JMO) . Well, it gets a bit more complicated in my theory, but along the same lines you are thinking also.

BG must have known the land owner was not home that day - the locations are so specific to being out of sight and away from visibility. If the land owner had been home, he could have been out and about since he lets his horses graze all over there, right? BG had to know he would not be discovered during a specific time period, or at a certain location.

I have followed this line of thinking also. There is a lot of $$ to be available to enhance/build trail area, historic bridge, etc. Now think of the property girls were found (private Property), someone knew he wasn't home that day (JMO) . Well, it gets a bit more complicated in my theory, but along the same lines you are thinking also.

Thanks Tresir !! I now recall hearing something about that, but KG replay of how girls were found included someone finding a shoe, then a searcher saw a Deer and looked up by the deer and that's when they saw the girls. Sort of conflicting info, IMO

I have posted this link. All bridges in the country. Very interesting. I would like to know who was “Luke” who edited the Monon high bridge information on February 28, 2017 and linked it to the killings? No last name, no email...

Monon - Deer Creek High Bridge
Have you seen the photo sphere in google maps drag the yellow man onto the bridge and drop on blue dot.

MM

There was a Forensic Files case called Video Diary. In that case, law enforcement was faced with having to enhance bad gas station surveillance video. In that case, they were able to enhance it enough to use it to make a positive identification of a suspect.

Here is the difference. In that case in Michigan, when law enforcement made their sketch(which led to a phone call tip and an arrest), they used the enhanced gas station surveillance video.

In the Delphi case, law enforcement is relying on eyewitnesses who may or may not have seen this man leaving the Monon High Bridge area. Their strategy has not worked out so far because eyewitness descriptions are sometimes not very reliable. In my opinion, they are not using Liberty German's phone because they probably cannot enhance the video enough to make a solid sketch.

So, in my opinion, the answer to your question is that law enforcement does not have enough details from the video on Liberty German's phone in order to give an accurate description of the offender in this case.

So the witnesses could have seen an entirely different man? The video brave Libby shot looks nothing like the sketch to me imho.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member