TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Amber!

So do I !

She said she went into the wrong apartment and shot at a silhouette, even though she never claimed she felt he was an immediate threat. Then she called 911 for an ambulance for her victim, while she stood by and told him to ' hang on, Bud', and for a supervisor because she was afraid she'd lose her job over this.

If LE are now taught to render first aid please let me know. Four minutes before help turns up is a long time in a trauma wound. From what I understand, LE clears the scene for medical personnel. This makes me ill. LE is reactive not proactive. This man was critically wounded and the officer on scene, who shot him, didn't even try to staunch the bleeding from what we hear and know.

If LE are now taught to render first aid please let me know. Four minutes before help turns up is a long time in a trauma wound. From what I understand, LE clears the scene for medical personnel. This makes me ill. LE is reactive not proactive. This man was critically wounded and the officer on scene, who shot him, didn't even try to staunch the bleeding from what we hear and know.
Most of us would render aid to any stranger on the street if we saw someone needed help, let alone if we had been the one who had injured another person.

I'm thinking it may vary from state to state, but here's what happened in one case. It appears that unless someone is in the custody of the police, they are not required to render aid. (Did I get that right?)

POLICE SUED FOR FAILING TO AID GUNSHOT VICTIM - LLRMI - Training and Expert Services for Law Enforcement, Jails & Corrections, Insurance Pools, Risk Managers, and Attorneys

I was a nurse and a critical care RN for many many years (yes, I'm ripe like a stinky cheese).
When I first started working there were EMTs Is and EMTs II. They rode the ambulance and were real cowboys. Because they saw so much horrible stuff they took it personally to EVERYTHING to save each and every patient. They were pains in the asses but they knew their stuff and weren't afraid to get their hands dirty to help/save some body. It didn't pay that great but it was a calling. Now we're have transporters. People who pilot ambulances with little to no medical training for the most part. God help you if you're a victim these days. The cops and the ambulance folks ain't gonna be of much use (my admittedly biased opinion only, folks).

I was a nurse and a critical care RN for many many years (yes, I'm ripe like a stinky cheese).
When I first started working there were EMTs Is and EMTs II. They rode the ambulance and were real cowboys. Because they saw so much horrible stuff they took it personally to EVERYTHING to save each and every patient. They were pains in the asses but they knew their stuff and weren't afraid to get their hands dirty to help/save some body. It didn't pay that great but it was a calling. Now we're have transporters. People who pilot ambulances with little to no medical training for the most part. God help you if you're a victim these days. The cops and the ambulance folks ain't gonna be of much use (my admittedly biased opinion only, folks).
I hope they will have someone with your experience, to tell the court what AG really should have done. Did she not see that her victim was in serious trouble? Her one shot that didn't miss, was pretty on target..

I agree!

Jean’s mother, Allyson, has stated that she believes Guyger to be “cold-blooded killer” who has “inflicted tremendous evil” on her son.

Jean’s family has filed a civil lawsuit against Guyger and the city of Dallas claiming that she used “excessive force.”
The Daily Citizen - thedailycitizen.com

I am not overly fond of people who get rich over the death of their children. And I am not sure that it changes anything in terms of actual "change", that LEO will stop shooting people.

That being said, I hope that they win their lawsuit. What happened to their son was a travesty. AG should go to prison.

I am not overly fond of people who get rich over the death of their children. And I am not sure that it changes anything in terms of actual "change", that LEO will stop shooting people.

That being said, I hope that they win their lawsuit. What happened to their son was a travesty. AG should go to prison.
Suing AG is one thing, suing Dallas police department means the tax payers pay. I've never understood why police officers are not required to be bonded and insured to make sure that tax payers are not on the hook when police screw up. IMO.

Why is the Texas Peace Officer bond required?
Businesses are required to purchase and file a bond with the State of Texas Any City/County to activate their license. The bond protects the Obligee by transferring to a surety bond company the cost of ensuring the public is compensated for damages resulting from the failure of a licensed business complying with the provisions of licensing laws.

How does the Texas Peace Officer bond work?
Texas Peace Officer bonds must be issued by an insurance carrier admitted by the Texas Department of Insurance. The insurance company issuing any surety bond, such as the Texas Peace Officer bond, will also be referred to as the "surety company" or the "bond company". The business is referred to as the Principal, the surety bond company as the Obligor and the State of Texas Any City/County as the Obligee.

The surety company provides the Obligee a guarantee (the surety bond) that the customers, vendors and employees of a licensed business will receive payment for financial damages due to a violation of licensing law up the bond amount stated on the bond form ("penal sum"). The bond company also directly receives claims from the public and determines the validity of claims. Ultimately, the licensed business owners are responsible for their actions and required by law to reimburse the surety company for any payments made under the bond or face indefinite license suspension.
Peace Officer Bond - Suretypedia

Suing AG is one thing, suing Dallas police department means the tax payers pay. I've never understood why police officers are not required to be bonded and insured to make sure that tax payers are not on the hook when police screw up. IMO.

Judging by that group prance into the court...
They present (IMO) like she will never pay in any capacity.

MOO

Last edited:
Rather than lobbing this grenade in from time to time, please by all means, tell us what you think should happen to her.
Question not directed at me, but I'll lob my opinion in this kangaroo court. She is innocent until proven guilty. She should be given a fair trial. Most comments here are insulting to LE, the court, the jurors and people in general.
What possible motive could she have had to deliberately shoot someone? When all the evidence is presented is the time to form an opinion. Not before. That's the way our judicial system is supposed to work!

Question not directed at me, but I'll lob my opinion in this kangaroo court. She is innocent until proven guilty. She should be given a fair trial. Most comments here are insulting to LE, the court, the jurors and people in general.
What possible motive could she have had to deliberately shoot someone? When all the evidence is presented is the time to form an opinion. Not before. That's the way our judicial system is supposed to work!
That's what we do tho? Put forward a whole bunch of opinions followed by a variety of MOOs :D

Yes and she will be given a fair trial. If there is an insulting comment here, simply flag it.

I was simply asking this gentleman, who continually posts with the seeming purpose of causing upheaval rather than having an actual discussion, what his thoughts are. I am curious what he has to offer, if anything, and would love to hear it. It seems to me he would be the type of juror immediately dismissed and it is an interesting view.

ETA she doesn't have to have a motive to be convicted of the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam