Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
His house was in Kent. When he abducted one of the girls, her father and brother followed his truck and gave a good description. If the police only bothered to search his house that day, he’d be behind bars many years earlier.

But this is not the point I made. GRK was apprehended. And Dave got his book deal, his fame and his career. Granted, he is good-looking, such a model sheriff, and smart. But - he’d be a nobody were GRK never caught.

There was several descriptions of a blue and white truck. The problem there was they tracked a different one down and two prostitutes identified the driver as their attacker, he of course wasn't Ridgway they figured that out when a prostitute was killed while he was being booked. Agreed that they should have returned to the house in hindsight, they had so many tips that were coming in that as unfortunate as it is it's understandable that they didn't follow up on them all though. After huge cases like that finish we only really here of the tips that were the attacker not the thousands of dead ends.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The girl’s families have been very supportive of law enforcement so far which has been amazing to me. I would have probably gone ballistic about the sketch situation and kicked off about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl’s families have been very supportive of law enforcement so far which has been amazing to me. I would have probably gone ballistic about the sketch situation and kicked off about it.

Agree. Mostly I can’t understand why there hasn’t been a demand for clarity on information that actually has been released. Clear up confusion on the details in a straightforward manner.

Agree. Mostly I can’t understand why there hasn’t been a demand for clarity on information that actually has been released. Clear up confusion on the details in a straightforward manner.

I agree with you entirely this has been a big problem. I just hope the sketch situation hasn’t caused catastrophic damage to the possibility of finding monster.

I’m still hopeful the case will be solved one day hopefully without him attacking again which is a constant worry.

This article from early on mentions DNA found. It also leads me to believe that LE would get a dna "profile" I wonder if this is where the second sketch truly came from. Could they have had high hopes that BG had his DNA in the system and were wrong? If BG knows his dna is not in the system it would be logical to send a message making him believe that witnesses came up with the sketch. Could the term "just beginning" from April mean they decided to try the familial dna, which is time consuming as they didn't get the hit they hoped and expected?
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Last edited:
Yeah. If I was one of the parents I would be raising holy heck about this case every day of my life....with the media across the nation, via twitter, with my representatives in government at all levels. Ceaselessly.

I would not care what LE thought about that, even if they promised me they were close. I'd tell them close only matters with atom bombs and horseshoes...and get the fck on with it.

I'd point out that, even if they arrest the guy and he gets set free, the guy ain't living for his next meal.

I would be brutal about it. That's just me, or course, but that is how I honestly feel.

I agree with you entirely this has been a big problem. I just hope the sketch situation hasn’t caused catastrophic damage to the possibility of finding monster.

I’m still hopeful the case will be solved one day hopefully without him attacking again which is a constant worry.

Yes, there is a worry that he’ll be attacking. There is also a natural fear of reporting as they 1) showed the sketch and 2) asked us no not do sketch-to-face comparisons as this could really ruin someone’s life and 3) asked to report and not rationalize intuitive feelings.

If anyone can make any sense out of it?

This article from early on mentions DNA found. It also leads me to believe that LE would get a dna "profile" I wonder if this is where the second sketch truly came from. Could they have had high hopes that BG had his DNA in the system and were wrong? If BG knows his dna is not in the system it would be logical to send a message making him believe that witnesses came up with the sketch. Could the term "just beginning" from April mean they decided to try the familial dna, which is time consuming as they didn't get the hit they hoped and expected?
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

If they have his DNA, the right DNA, and it is not belonging to a tiny ethnic minority, they’ll have matches. Even now when Gedmatch made things so complicated, they will.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a worry that he’ll be attacking. There is also a natural fear of reporting as they 1) showed the sketch and 2) asked us no not do sketch-to-face comparisons as this could really ruin someone’s life and 3) asked to report and not rationalize intuitive feelings.

Which part? If it's the "rationalize intuitive feelings" part i believe they're saying not to talk yourself out of a thought you have because it seems unlikely, just report it. May be misunderstanding your post though, apologies if so.

They didnt ask people not to do side by side comparisons. They asked people not to post them. Naturally one would do a side by side comparison. But posting it on an online, public forum is another step that could, yes, ruin people's lives.

""Please STOP posting side by side pictures of people you think did this," the sheriff's office posted on Facebook. "You are ruining innocent people's lives.""

You are right tho, they do want every tip, no matter how "insignificant you feel it might be."

Im not sure what is left to make sense of? Or why there is a fear of reporting?

They didnt ask people not to do side by side comparisons. They asked people not to post them. Naturally one would do a side by side comparison. But posting it on an online, public forum is another step that could, yes, ruin people's lives.

""Please STOP posting side by side pictures of people you think did this," the sheriff's office posted on Facebook. "You are ruining innocent people's lives.""

You are right tho, they do want every tip, no matter how "insignificant you feel it might be."

I am not a witness in any way. It is for the locals only, I think. They don’t report, and it could be the indicator that the LE might look into improving relationships with them. Presenting it as the community issue, where everyone is on the same side against the perpetrator.

As to me - even if I see someone on a photo who might stir up some intuitive feelings, I need to see how the people walk or hear them speak. To add to it, there are probably several common types of faces in Delphi, so confusion is possible.

These were the updated guidelines after the April press conference. BBM
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.
  • The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
  • Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest
  • Provide specific tip information in your email
  • Please include your name and contact phone number
    • This is for investigators to follow up if they need clarification on your tip
    • Your contact information will remain confidential
  • The Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
  • When sending a tip to the abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com email address, please do not leave just a name and number to call
UPDATED: New Sketch, Video And Audio Of Delphi Murder Suspect Released

These were the updated guidelines after the April press conference. BBM
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.
  • The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
  • Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest
  • Provide specific tip information in your email
  • Please include your name and contact phone number
    • This is for investigators to follow up if they need clarification on your tip
    • Your contact information will remain confidential
  • The Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
  • When sending a tip to the abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com email address, please do not leave just a name and number to call
UPDATED: New Sketch, Video And Audio Of Delphi Murder Suspect Released

This is what was reported in May of this year, from a statement LE released after the April news conference:

Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death

"State police also remind tipsters to remember the following when submitting tips:

• Be specific as possible to a description
  • Name and age if possible
  • A connection to Delphi and that person’s location or address at this time
  • Leaving information on how we can contact you for possible clarification of your tip is helpful but not required
"Please remember that we are looking for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who committed this crime," Indiana State Police said in their release.
Tips can remain anonymous.

If you have a tip, no matter how insignificant you feel it might be, contact us by email."

The only thing that we know is criminal activity began straight after that video. Perhaps one ran across and he dragged the other across. Also LE wouldn't admit it, if the reenactments were correct. Didn't GH say LE had talked to him to ask him how he could be so accurate? Unless that was just BS from him.
What if he had a small canoe moored on the bank there and they went across in that? MOO
it is questionable because LE (reilly or carter I think....) has also stated EVERYTHING out there on you tube is wrong.
idk

Think they are trying to dissuade the internet from carrying out their own investigation because that can and has led to innocent peoples lives being ruined. Just telling the internet on a popular case to stop isn't going to do anything so telling them they are getting nowhere even on a misleading technicality may result in them giving up. That or they aren't using doublespeak and there's major things they haven't told the public that makes any reenactments inherently innaccurate because they are going off only partial information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam