GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they did burn trash every day, these folks were frugal. Ashley said she wanted to go couponing at midnight on triple coupon day. Why would they burn rags just used to routinely clean a truck with the new "Christmas gift kit?" I mean, they sound like the type that reuse ziploc bags.

Not only are they frugal, they're scam artists, always looking for free things. For instance, Tammy stole travel agent stuff (collateral) from one of the agencies she worked for. She lied to Disney / runDisney / Give Kids the World in order to get free tickets for them during Sid's marathon. They lied and used a Florida address to get Florida resident rates for Disney cruises and annual passes. Let's not forget that they lied about Medicare! They weren't just couponers but EXTREME, TLC Channel couponers. There is no way a family like that would throw away something that was in good enough condition that could be used again.

Edited to add more lies they told.

Last edited:
I agree about frugal and the quick disposal of the rags. The truck was less than 2 months in their possession. He doesn't appear to have been doing serious off-roading with it. How dirty could the rags have gotten? And, AC implied the kit was new so the rags had to have been fairly or brand new. Unless, SM couldn't use the new rags from his gift but AC did. Even if they used old rags, how much more dirty could the rags have gotten? Doesn't make sense on any level. Wonder if AC also burned her car cleaning rags for her Jeep or the other car?

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit unusual for all four of those nocturnal souls to be up and about during the day and washing trucks and cars? I guarantee that's a first. And who in their right mind would burn wet rags with cleaning products on it? That's another first.
Curious, did they actually burn the wet rags, or were they just thrown into the burn pile? Was that detail stated?

I never thought there could be anyone as nasty as Tammy, but here she is.... I love the curt answers and smirking when testifying. It blows my mind there are people you can take one look at an immediately know they are awful. We used to have a friend whose wife looked just like these girls. That nasty look on their face and meaner than anything. She used to hit her husband. It amazes me they could get any man. The pictures of them with "rock stars" crack me up. I bet those guys are sweating bullets to get them away from them. They can get really good looking women. Why would they give Caison girls a second look...

Maybe that frugal nature explains why their audio-visual “expert” retired in the mid-90’s, was really more of an “audio” guy, and had never worked with digital media. Hauling that guy out of retirement to try to refute real experts probably illustrates the desperation of this defense team.

Isn't it a bit unusual for all four of those nocturnal souls to be up and about during the day and washing trucks and cars? I guarantee that's a first. And who in their right mind would burn wet rags with cleaning products on it? That's another first.
Who goes to bed at 3:15 and gets up at 6? That’s a nap...

Curious, did they actually burn the wet rags, or were they just thrown into the burn pile? Was that detail stated?

The detective (Lt. Cestare) testifying said SM would walk over with rags and place them on the fire. The fire would start to smolder. SM had to maneuver the rags around so the fire would re-catch. Cestare said the way SM had to maneuver the rags made him believe that the rags were not wet paper towels but actual cloth rags.

NB (my thoughts only here): many cloth rags are not fully cotton and would take a higher heat level to burn especially if wet.

I thought I read that they were burning and Sid was moving the rags in the burn pile, but it's more than possible I'm mistaken. I do get mixed up about what I have read here and what I have read on fb.

The detective (Lt. Cestare) testifying said SM would walk over with rags and place them on the fire. The fire would start to smolder. SM had to maneuver the rags around so the fire would re-catch. Cestare said the way SM had to maneuver the rags made him believe that the rags were not wet paper towels but actual cloth rags.

NB (my thoughts only here): many cloth rags are not fully cotton and would take a higher heat level to burn especially if wet.
Thank you! I thought I had read or seen that. I've been in and out so much I couldn't remember.

Still catching up after my own “kid duties run” but in regards to SM testifying, what if (humor me here bc it’s a stre——>tch) he goes full on truth vomit in return for lighter (lesser? none?) additional charges like they did in the Holly Bobo trial. Is that a possibility? TM is now behind bars for a long time and he is already there for OOJ so is it remotely possible he “turns” (not will he but legally CAN he) on TM or is that something we would already know through discovery? If that makes sense. Just generally curious of the legal process here. TIA

Last edited:
Who goes to bed at 3:15 and gets up at 6? That’s a nap...

Right! I think there was lots of energy happening at that neck of 814 between 12/17 and 12/23. Fresh back from the trip, HE potentially pregnant, TM burning with anger (over the course of the month about HE/SM affair, his lies, etc), the family pissed at SM for being an impulsive fool for having an affair, and triple couponing (topping the list). The holidays can be a stressful time in simple circumstances but the C/M family had way too much going on. I forgot grading and home-schooling.

I agree about frugal and the quick disposal of the rags. The truck was less than 2 months in their possession. He doesn't appear to have been doing serious off-roading with it. How dirty could the rags have gotten? And, AC implied the kit was new so the rags had to have been fairly or brand new. Even if they used old rags, how much more dirty could the rags have gotten? Doesn't make sense on any level. Wonder if AC also burned her car cleaning rags for her Jeep or the other car?

Nancy should have asked that question. But then again, Ashley said she was washing HER car. Which I assume means at her own house and not on camera view.

Another thing I want to clarify. Did Ashley say today, that Polly also bought a security system when Sid & Tam bought their second system? Would LE have also seized footage from Polly's for that same time period? If so, would that show Ashley and Josh washing their vehicles?

In regards to the first system, the so called nanny cam. Nancy asked Ashley if there was a monitor for that system in their house. Why would she ask that? Didn't she also ask if Ashley was at the Moorer house every day? I really want to hear the end of that testimony again. Anyone have a link?

Still catching up after my own “kid duties run” but in regards to SM testifying, what if (humor me here bc it’s a stre——>tch) he goes full on truth vomit in return for lighter (lesser? none?) additional charges like they did in the Holly Bono trial. Is that a possibility? TM is now behind bars for a long time and he is already there for OOJ so is it remotely possible he “turns” (not will he but legally CAN he) on TM or is that something we would already know through discovery? If that makes sense. Just generally curious of the legal process here. TIA

It does make sense. I had a vision that his attorneys contacted the pros. and asked about a deal for SM. He tells where the body and takes the 30 years to run concurrent with his current OoJ charges. Why would he? It seems to me that anyone who testified and lied are in the cross hairs of this pros. office. I am sure he doesn't care about his in-laws but if his kids might be in jeopardy then, he might. They would go after TM for murder/conspiracy to commit and he would have to testify. Not something I think he could do.

That said, I doubt he will. He is in too deep. His kids are aligned with mom and her family. He would be a lonely man in jail if he lost his kids coming to see him through his 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288