GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm beating a dead horse here...but..my husband is a mechanic and a farmer and a clean freak...do you know when the last time we had to throw out rags was because they were gross??? Years. Years. And he details both our vehicles weekly...also washes tractors that have layers of bean and corn dust built up in them...literally takes years for them to get bad enough for him to throw out his cleaning rags.

Here's the next one. It looks to be short (Donald DeMarino and Jessica Adams). These are the last 2 witnesses before the State rests. Hopefully they'll put up the videos of the first two Defense witnesses, since one is AC. I'll keep a look-out.

Video 2:

I know better than to give money to someone who is in addiction, but could we start a "Trust-Go Fund Me" for Donald?

I'm guessing SM is not wearing his jumpsuit and shackles as to not prejudice the jury against him. I imagine if he were incarcerated for a violent crime (rather than obstruction), it might be a different story. I could be wrong, but I doubt it, because I watch a lot of Law & Order: SVU.

That said, if TM were to testify (and I don't think she will*), would it be a different story for her as a witness? She's incarcerated for a much more serious crime, and she's not the one on trial. Does anybody know if she'd be in her jumpsuit and shackles, like DD was today?

*I don't think TM will testify for the State because NL said the one other potential witness they may present will be very brief. When it comes to testifying, TM can't spell "brief." I don't think she'll testify for the Defense, because that would open her up to NL on cross, and she's currently incarcerated for conspiracy to kidnap, as in SM's co-conspirator. The jury wouldn't need a calculator to add 2+2 together.
I'm actually thinking that an objection has been made out of our presence, LOL that she would be way too prejudicial for the defendant dressed like Donald and wearing shackles. My suspicion is that this is why she was returned to her new home. JMO. I would have loved to have seen her shuffle in with the shackles jangling. :p

She also says that she really wanted TM to go with her but that TM could NOT come home. What hours did the M’s say they were working? Seems pretty irresponsible to be out drinking while someone is watching your children and they want you to go home so they can do something and you say no. Didn’t SM say they went to a club but there weren’t many cars there so they just drove around getting gas and doing the deed...really you can’t come home to relieve your sister of watching your children when she had something she wanted to accomplish?? If they really had nothing to do why didn’t they go home at midnight when she asked?

I don't believe they ever said in this trial just what they said they were doing that night, did they? So the jury must be left wondering why they "couldn't" come home. I mean, at least until 3:15 a.m. when the kids were sent home. Speaking of that, I'll bet that DID happen, and that Ashley changed the clocks inside her house (and the Moorers inside their house) so the kids would see "3:15" on the clocks in their sleepy stupors. (Seriously who wakes kids in the middle of the night to go home like that?)

Let's see if this works. This is from WPDE's FB page. This is the 2 Defense witnesses. I'll include the link, in case embedding from there doesn't work.

WPDE ABC15

Nancy nails Ashley down on her timeline; Sent the kids home at 3:15 AM, finished what I was doing, went to sleep at 4:00 for an hour and a half, went to truck at 7:00 AM and grabbed my key card. Nancy says, so you don't know what they were doing during that time, Ashley says no.

Now Nancy moves to the camera question. Your Mom is Polly right? Nancy asks, she actually had a monitor in her home for that camera system right? Ashley says, the one they installed later? Answers, she actually had her own system that they bought from Sams.

Nancy asks, so did she have her own system back on 12/1/12013? Ashley says no. Nancy says, but she had a monitor didn't she? Ashley says no. Nancy asks again, she's never had a monitor in her house? Ashley says no, up until they went to sams and bought the DVR's, she's never had surveillance of any kind, not even a nanny cam.

Nancy say's ok let me ask you this. You've told the jury you're over at their house every day, tell me where you're living now. Ashley answers, I live in the same house. Nancy asks, who lives with you? Ashley answers, my Mom. Nancy asks, who else? Ashley answers Caison lives with us and Josh. Nancy says, now tell this jury who Caison is. Ashley says, Tammy's son, corrects herself, Tammy & Sidney's son. Nancy says, ok so currently his son is living with you. Ashley says, yes. Nancy says, ok so you all are an extremely close family. Ashley replies with nervously, well of course we would give him a place to live, he's 13. Nancy says, well let me ask you this has Tammy always lived right there behind you? Ashley says, yes. Nancy says, ok and when they got married Sidney always lived there behind you. Ashley says yes they built the house. Nancy says, ok so as long as you can remember they were living on the same acre of land. Ashley answers, yes.

Nancy asks, you always had a good relationship with Sidney? Ya'll have never had any kind of falling out? Ashley answers, nothing major, I'm not a big fan of him at the moment. Nancy says, you came here to help him out right? Nancy walks away rolling her eyes. She stops and whispers something to her assistant and then says no further questions your honor.

Sorry for the terrible transcription job, but I wanted to get all that down so we can decipher that line of questioning at the end. What is Nancy doing and will this relate to the witness they will call after the defense rests?

Last edited:
I tried to give him the benefit of doubt, but with his court antics, he can spend his worthless life in prison, as far as I'm concerned. No shame or remorse whatsoever.

SM's attitude throughout, is summarised in your last line.
It also reminds me, of SM's response, when asked by the manager, why he had sex with Heather on the patio, back in these posts:
No shame or remorse whatsoever.

I wonder, if SM has a very low IQ, or is backward, to respond in such ways.
To live with Tammy, there is something lacking with SM.
MOO.

Nancy nails Ashley down on her timeline; Sent the kids home at 3:15 AM, finished what I was doing, went to sleep at 4:00 for an hour and a half, went to truck at 7:00 AM and grabbed my key card. Nancy says, so you don't know what they were doing during that time, Ashley says no.

Now Nancy moves to the camera question. Your Mom is Polly right? Nancy asks, she actually had a monitor in her home for that camera system right? Ashley says, the one they installed later? Answers, she actually had her own system that they bought from Sams.

Nancy asks, so did she have her won system back on 12/1/12013? Ashley says no. Nancy says, but she had a monitor didn't she? Ashley says no. Nancy asks again, she's never had a monitor in her house? Ashley says no, up until they went to sams and bought the DVR's, she's never had surveillance of any kind, not even a nanny cam.

Nancy say's ok let me ask you this. You've told the jury you're over at their house every day, tell me where you're living now. Ashley answers, I live in the same house. Nancy asks, who lives with you? Ashley answers, my Mom. Nancy asks, who else? Ashley answers Caison lives with us and Josh. Nancy says, now tell this jury who Caison is. Ashley says, Tammy's son, corrects herself, Tammy & Sidney's son. Nancy says, ok so currently his son is living with you. Ashley says, yes. Nancy says, ok so you all are an extremely close family. Ashley replies with nervously, well of course we would give him a place to live, he's 13. Both of his parents are incarcerated. Nancy says, well let me ask you this has Tammy always lived right there behind you? Ashley says, yes. Nancy says, ok and when they got married Sidney always lived there behind you. Ashley says yes they built the house. Nancy says, ok so as long as you can remember they were living on the same acre of land. Ashley answers, yes.

Nancy asks, you always had a good relationship with Sidney? Ya'll have never had any kind of falling out? Ashley answers, nothing major, I'm not a big fan of him at the moment. Nancy says, you came here to help him out right? Nancy walks away rolling her eyes. She stops and whispers something to her assistant and then says no further questions your honor.

Sorry for the terrible transcription job, but I wanted to get all that down so we can decipher that line of questioning at the end. What is Nancy doing and will this relate to the witness they will call after the defense rests?

I'm not sure where she was going with that.....hmmm....pondering.

I added a sentence to your narrative and bolded it, FYI.

I don't believe they ever said in this trial just what they said they were doing that night, did they? So the jury must be left wondering why they "couldn't" come home. I mean, at least until 3:15 a.m. when the kids were sent home. Speaking of that, I'll bet that DID happen, and that Ashley changed the clocks inside her house (and the Moorers inside their house) so the kids would see "3:15" on the clocks in their sleepy stupors. (Seriously who wakes kids in the middle of the night to go home like that?)
In Sidney’s interview with police (played during trial) he is going over what they did that night. After buying the pregnancy test and then finally fessing up to the pay phone call he says they got gas and something about parking at an industrial area after seeing no cars at the club. Driving home he thought around 2:30.
Interesting because Longbeards is about 17 minutes from the industrial area he mentions (HTC company in Conway, SC) I’m not positive but I think it was played on day 2 of the trial.
Wait why couldn’t they just get a pregnancy test at Bi-lo with AC? Things that make you go Hmmmmm
They could have gone home around 1am. Unless they were busy doing something more important that they left out...

Shop vac was probably cleaned in the burn pile because it is just what they do in their family.

Very strange, because aren't they noted to have a very untidy home.
So suddenly they must have a spotless truck, a clean vac, and all cleaning material from the truck cleaning, burnt immediately.o_O

Why hadn't they cleaned, and burnt a lot of the rubbish throughout the house?
Hadn't the house been a mess for ages and this is fine?
They require a spotless truck.:rolleyes:
MOO.

Nancy asks, so did she have her own system back on 12/1/12013? Ashley says no. Nancy says, but she had a monitor didn't she? Ashley says no. Nancy asks again, she's never had a monitor in her house? Ashley says no, up until they went to sams and bought the DVR's, she's never had surveillance of any kind, not even a nanny cam.

Nancy say's ok let me ask you this. You've told the jury you're over at their house every day, tell me where you're living now. Ashley answers, I live in the same house. Nancy asks, who lives with you? Ashley answers, my Mom. Nancy asks, who else? Ashley answers Caison lives with us and Josh. Nancy says, now tell this jury who Caison is. Ashley says, Tammy's son, corrects herself, Tammy & Sidney's son. Nancy says, ok so currently his son is living with you. Ashley says, yes. Nancy says, ok so you all are an extremely close family. Ashley replies with nervously, well of course we would give him a place to live, he's 13. Nancy says, well let me ask you this has Tammy always lived right there behind you? Ashley says, yes. Nancy says, ok and when they got married Sidney always lived there behind you. Ashley says yes they built the house. Nancy says, ok so as long as you can remember they were living on the same acre of land. Ashley answers, yes.

BBM. Remember that Ashley ultimately corrects herself and says she did not go into the truck. Sidney did. But, from where she stood she saw nothing amiss. SHE does not want to be connected to that truck--- not cleaning it, not going in it for the key card. I wonder why?

I wondered the same thing and you could tell AC was nervous about responding about the child, about those questions in particular. It felt to me like AC was unsure how to answer because she was uncertain where NL was going with it as well...I felt like she was prepared to answer all the other questions. She had her stories ready but for those questions she seemed unsure. IMO

In Sidney’s interview with police (played during trial) he is going over what they did that night. After buying the pregnancy test and then finally fessing up to the pay phone call he says they got gas and something about parking at an industrial area after seeing no cars at the club. Driving home he thought around 2:30.
Interesting because Longbeards is about 17 minutes from the industrial area he mentions (HTC company in Conway, SC) I’m not positive but I think it was played on day 2 of the trial.
Wait why couldn’t they just get a pregnancy test at Bi-lo with AC? Things that make you go Hmmmmm
They could have gone home around 1am. Unless they were busy doing something more important that they left out...

Ah, ok. Thanks....I think I might have been tending to my actual life during that time lol!

I didn’t get to hear the testimony, so I’m catching up from all of you guys. It definitely sounds like she said all of that on purpose! That last comment about her being there to help him... what in the world?? Certainly makes it sound like she caught AC in some kind of lie.

I didn’t get to hear the testimony, so I’m catching up from all of you guys. It definitely sounds like she said all of that on purpose! That last comment about her being there to help him... what in the world?? Certainly makes it sound like she caught AC in some kind of lie.

Are they allowed to bring up her prior testimony in Tammy's trial? I wonder if there was any blatant discrepancy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288