GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidney Moorer was back on trial Monday after a weekend break. Here is what happened.

SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

"State prosecutors rested their case on Monday after five days of testimony — a move that allowed the defense to start calling witnesses....

Jacob Mouton was friends with one of the Moorer children and spent time at their house. He said Monday he saw the surveillance system monitor in Tammy’s and Sidney’s bedroom. He also said he never saw the Moorers clean their vehicle during one of his visits.

“Had you seen Sidney and Tammy wash their truck?” Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay asked.

“Never,” Mouton said on Monday....

Tammy Moorer’s cousin Donald Demarino also testified. He told the jury that Sidney Moorer showed him a photo after Elvis went missing. The photo reportedly showed Elvis, and Demarino said the image upset him.

Sidney Moorer’s defense attorney James Galmore questioned Demarino about his extensive criminal history. Demarino is currently in the J. Reuben Long detention center on a host of charges. Galmore also said that Demarino told his mother he made up the story about the photo.

Demarino told the jury the state did not offer leniency in exchange for his testimony and he came forward to help the case.

“Cause it’s the right thing,” Demarino said.

DEFENSE WITNESSES

Sidney Moorer told a judge at the end of Monday’s proceedings he has not determined if he will testify.

Defense attorneys called a few witnesses on Sidney Moorer’s behalf, including Bruce Koenig, a forensic expert. Koenig reviewed a study by a state expert. That expert used headlight patterns on surveillance video from near Peachtree Landing to determine it was the Moorers truck in the vicinity when Elvis went missing.

“There is nothing unique in the picture,” Koenig said. “Even if the video was high quality.”

It can’t be a subtle difference — it has to be a unique feature — to determine the headlight pattern of a specific truck, Koenig said. He said the truck on video was a Ford F-150, which is the model owned by the Moorers. But, it can’t be proven the truck on the video was the one owned by Sidney Moorer.

As Livesay questioned him, Koenig said he only reviewed the state’s experts findings and did not do any testing by himself."

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article235138387.html

I didn’t get to hear the testimony, so I’m catching up from all of you guys. It definitely sounds like she said all of that on purpose! That last comment about her being there to help him... what in the world?? Certainly makes it sound like she caught AC in some kind of lie.

BBM Yes. And why was she making a point of bringing up they haven't had a falling out and how close they are? Very strange way to end. I think she's got more coming for AC. Wasn't AC the one caught taking photos of Nancy? Didn't she mention that during TM's trial?

Very different from Ashley saying she only cleaned her truck

From Lt. Cestare's testimony (tidbits from Law and Crime video
):

Livesay:Who are these individuals?

Lt. Cestare:
Camera on the face of the house looking out on the driveway.

Tammy, Sidney, Ashley and bf, don’t remember his name, are cleaning the truck.

1.5 hours since when the truck left and returned. Bags into house. Shopping bags from grocery store.

Tammy on passenger side, Sidney on driver side, both cleaning.

Sidney starts fire somewhere around 30 minutes into the cleaning of the truck

Just before (16:30 or 4:30) get rags from Tammy and starts those rags at burn pile.

They are still over cleaning n the truck while Sidney is starting a burn pit.

It seems to be where the point of focus is--- inside the 4 doors of that truck.

They shop vac'ed the truck as well.

Why were they so intensely cleaning the truck? Even the Judge is suspect of that, he mentioned it in his reason for denying the mistrial today. He's on to ole Sid and Sid needs to be thinking about that. Sentencing isn't going to be as lenient imo as it was with TM.

These videos are labeled incorrectly- SB Day 6

Sidney Moorer Retrial Day 2 Witnesses: Bruce Koenig & Ashley Caison Tammy Moorer's Sister

Sep 16, 2019

---

Sidney Moorer Retrial Day 2 Judge Sends Jurors Home Early

Sep 16, 2019

No, no, no Mr. Koenig. You shall not question the validity of my handsome boyfriend's superior, world-renowned work. Go back home and rewind your tapes. You need to review how to be an expert. It must just come naturally to Mr. GF.
JMO, MOO, etc

The Moorers strike me as folks who would have had a clothesline on that compound. Anyone know? (If they did, and it was a beautiful day like Ashley said, and a couple of us confirmed on the Internet, why wouldn't they just hang the rags from the truck cleaning up to dry and reuse them?)

Even if they did burn trash every day, these folks were frugal. Ashley said she wanted to go couponing at midnight on triple coupon day. Why would they burn rags just used to routinely clean a truck with the new "Christmas gift kit?" I mean, they sound like the type that reuse ziploc bags.

Hey hold on, I reuse ziploc bags! But only because I’ve become rather fanatical about reuse/recycle plastics to get them out of my beloved ocean. Just sayin.’

Back in 2015 in Surfside Beach (about 10 minutes-roughly from the Moorers house) I went on a motorcycle ride. Somehow, unbeknownst to me, my car keys including Food Lion etc shopping cards flew off the bike. The next day, I got a phone call from a Surfside cop who stated he found keys in the roadway. He said he tracked who the loyalty cards belonged to, by calling the stores and it matching up to me.

This has me in overgear in relation to AC’s testimony about shopping. Is it possible that they could pull up her royalty rewards card and track the last transaction?

Back in 2015 in Surfside Beach (about 10 minutes-roughly from the Moorers house) I went on a motorcycle ride. Somehow, unbeknownst to me, my car keys including Food Lion etc shopping cards flew off the bike. The next day, I got a phone call from a Surfside cop who stated he found keys in the roadway. He said he tracked who the loyalty cards belonged to, by calling the stores and it matching up to me.

This has me in overgear in relation to AC’s testimony about shopping. Is it possible that they could pull up her royalty rewards card and track the last transaction?

Oh wow!!!! Yes, of course they could, if she used the loyalty card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member