AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. At first I’m always preemptively thinking it was a guardian or something happened at home... but based off the photos and timeline etc. I’m sad to say I think she’s been abducted. The park on the map seems rather large so I still have a bit of hope that she’s lost or stuck somewhere there.

Here is a map with a couple of possible key locations These are locations that I have deducted and not necessarily what has been posted in MSM. If someone has any different or additional info, please let me know and I can add it.

Dulce Maria Alavez - Missing 18 Sept 2019 - Google My Maps
Thank you @hollye for those sites. Was the Coastal Mart included because you knew it to have surveillance cameras and would have been on a route to her home or was it mentioned on MSM to have picked up DMA?

The surveillance pictures show Dulce at an ice cream freezer & reaching in. There are an older child, probably the 8/9yo, and a younger child, probably the 3yo, standing by her, with an older woman as well. Reports indicate that the children had their ice cream at the park and that the boy came back because his ice cream fell. I think the store trip was right before the park visit.

My question is did they find any remnants of Dulce’s ice cream?
So that would mean she had a shirt change, or maybe a light sweatshirt, put over her shirt

Thank you @hollye for those sites. Was the Coastal Mart included because you knew it to have surveillance cameras and would have been on a route to her home or was it mentioned on MSM to have picked up DMA?

I am not local to the area, but have seen a couple of people state on SM that it looks like Coastal. I am not certain where they were coming from when they stopped for ice cream and went to the park. The kids are dressed in civilian clothes in the photos, but Dulce appears to be wearing a uniform in the photo with her backpack and the school district appears to require uniforms at their schools. Did they change clothes at home before heading for ice cream and the park? Not having kids who are required to wear school uniforms, I am not sure whether it is common practice to change out of school clothes into play clothes or not. Did they go to school yesterday? What school does Dulce got to and is it the same as her aunt? Does her aunt live with them or near by? Or did mom have to go elsewhere to pick her up? So many questions...

Here is a map with a couple of possible key locations These are locations that I have deducted and not necessarily what has been posted in MSM. If someone has any different or additional info, please let me know and I can add it.

Dulce Maria Alavez - Missing 18 Sept 2019 - Google My Maps
So the parking lot is not so far from the park. Is it possible that there is no benches to sit at the park, so mom decided to stay in the car? I think sometimes parents loose their kids reins when they are with other kids, or older kids? so like safety in numbers.

I agree. At first I’m always preemptively thinking it was a guardian or something happened at home... but based off the photos and timeline etc. I’m sad to say I think she’s been abducted. The park on the map seems rather large so I still have a bit of hope that she’s lost or stuck somewhere there.
The park is normally accessed from along the road that passes through it. That includes the zoo, a playground, some ball fields. Most likely, no one would venture into the woods around the day-use areas. I used to take my kids to the zoo there when they were little and the whole area is very close to the town. It's basically a drive that passes from middle of town down past the lake and beach area.

I am not local to the area, but have seen a couple of people state on SM that it looks like Coastal. I am not certain where they were coming from when they stopped for ice cream and went to the park. The kids are dressed in civilian clothes in the photos, but Dulce appears to be wearing a uniform in the photo with her backpack and the school district appears to require uniforms at their schools. Did they change clothes at home before heading for ice cream and the park? Not having kids who are required to wear school uniforms, I am not sure whether it is common practice to change out of school clothes into play clothes or not. Did they go to school yesterday? What school does Dulce got to and is it the same as her aunt? Does her aunt live with them or near by? Or did mom have to go elsewhere to pick her up? So many questions...
My kids were uniform to school, the little one keeps his uniform on, because they are usually dirty, the older one might change and get another day out of his shirts/pants. However that is just how my kids do it.

Google Maps

Here is a possible custard stand (what we call soft serve ice cream in South Jersey) near the park. Mom was quoted as saying they had stopped at a custard stand to get ice cream before going to the park.
Perhaps it could also have been the Trolley Barn Ice Cream and Water Ice at the southern end of the park. That would have been on the route from her home on Church St. and the playground.
Wonder if someone saw her and followed the family to the park?

Google Maps

Here is a possible custard stand (what we call soft serve ice cream in South Jersey) near the park. Mom was quoted as saying they had stopped at a custard stand to get ice cream before going to the park.

I hadn’t seen that quote. Where did you find it? I’ve only seen mention of the stop for ice cream, which is what it appears that they are doing in the surveillance photos.

I'm reserving judgment at this time. Not gonna jump all over the mother or view her as a suspect. Seems to be extremely cooperative and engaged with assisting LE from what I have read. JMO.

I agree, I'm more concerned about RSO's in the area. IMO. praying she is found safe.

Perhaps it could also have been the Trolley Barn Ice Cream and Water Ice at the southern end of the park. That would have been on the route from her home on Church St. and the playground.
Wonder if someone saw her and followed the family to the park?
I noticed that too. From experience around here, usually when someone says custard stand, that's what they mean. They wouldn't have called the other place that, imho. to set in stone though, so could be the place they went.

I hadn’t seen that quote. Where did you find it? I’ve only seen mention of the stop for ice cream, which is what it appears that they are doing in the surveillance photos.
Police in Bridgeton are looking for a 5-year-old girl who went missing on Monday night while playing with a sibling at a park playground.

Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park

Dulce Maria Alavez was last seen in the area of City Park in Bridgeton, police said.

The girl’s mother, 19-year-old Noema Alavez, drove her kids to a playground area in the park a little after 4 p.m., she told police. They had just gotten ice cream at a nearby custard stand.

Note - could be they bought ice cream at the Coastal, but it would have most likely been pre-wrapped store brand type. Coastal is a gas station with a small grocery area and doesn't normally have a custard stand. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe