GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polly indeed was in the hallway and in the courtroom talking to Sidney during the recess times that were called, we were sitting directly in front of the jury and had a clean view down the front isle though not by any means or stretch of the imagination would those monsters be the first choice to look at in any situation. As the Father of Heather, I can say without any hesitation that every word that those people speak is like pouring hot burning coals onto our heads. The sheer audacity to speak Heathers name makes my blood boil.
We are praying for a good resolution with this trial, hoping that for once Sidney will see the situation he is in and just throw himself on the mercy of the court after fully telling the truthful events of that night. My biggest fear is that he is found guilty but holds on to his secrets for fear of further prosecution. So I’m asking for prayer that God opens Sidney’s eyes to see the situation he is in, that HE opens his lips to reveal the truth and that the judge uses his discernment and wisdom to punish the crimes for the maximum allowable time and if found guilty of both charges, he is made to serve them consecutively for a total of 60 years. May God be present and have his had in the outcome as we return Wednesday morning at 10am and hopefully will have a verdict by end of day Wednesday also. Amen.
Photo uploaded by family, as before posting anywhere else, we hold the rights to all photo images and only as that you respect our wishes and ask permission along with where and how it would be used before you use/print or post.
God bless you all and thank you for you help year after tear in the search for truth but most for the unwavering determination to help us find our daughter Heather.

@BrokenNotDefeated, welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for joining here and posting. I'm sorry you joined because of this senseless murder (IMO) of your daughter. There are many posters here wanting justice for Heather IMO.p

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider. Here's a link Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters that explains the process and tells you how to become verified.

Websleuths is a victim-friendly site. WS also has terms of service (TOS) that require posters to post links to sources of information if information is not verified or if information isn't stated to be an opinion. Unverifiable posts are frequently removed by the/a moderator(s).

VIs don't have to post links, and other posters can decide for themselves if they want to believe VI information or not.

See, now this bothers me. The Judge basically just told the defense what the most credible evidence against their client is. He pointed it out. So guess what they will now work on disputing more than anything else? They can answer his question for the jury.

Ugh. I hadn't thought of it that way. However, I don't think they can really answer this question to any satisfaction. AC has already put forward the lamest possible explanation for this, and along with it the lie that she never had anything to do with washing the truck. Unless I misheard the evidence, all four of them--SM, TM, AC, and boyfriend were ALL washing the truck. So the video itself will impeach her testimony. And she has now handcuffed the defense into using her explanation. IMO

Before the defense began its case, Dennis said he had gotten a call from his daughter who said the public may take his comments the wrong way.

Sidney Moorer's defense attorneys begin presenting case in kidnapping trial
RSBM: During SM's first trial, the way he treated NL vs. the way he treated ALL of the male attorneys was infuriating! I'm glad someone brought it to his attention, but I don't know what the right way to take that is. I would say we all took it the right way. What he did and said was the wrong way.

JMO (and the opinion of many, many other people)

Polly indeed was in the hallway and in the courtroom talking to Sidney during the recess times that were called, we were sitting directly in front of the jury and had a clean view down the front isle though not by any means or stretch of the imagination would those monsters be the first choice to look at in any situation. As the Father of Heather, I can say without any hesitation that every word that those people speak is like pouring hot burning coals onto our heads. The sheer audacity to speak Heathers name makes my blood boil.
We are praying for a good resolution with this trial, hoping that for once Sidney will see the situation he is in and just throw himself on the mercy of the court after fully telling the truthful events of that night. My biggest fear is that he is found guilty but holds on to his secrets for fear of further prosecution. So I’m asking for prayer that God opens Sidney’s eyes to see the situation he is in, that HE opens his lips to reveal the truth and that the judge uses his discernment and wisdom to punish the crimes for the maximum allowable time and if found guilty of both charges, he is made to serve them consecutively for a total of 60 years. May God be present and have his had in the outcome as we return Wednesday morning at 10am and hopefully will have a verdict by end of day Wednesday also. Amen.
Photo uploaded by family, as before posting anywhere else, we hold the rights to all photo images and only as that you respect our wishes and ask permission along with where and how it would be used before you use/print or post.
God bless you all and thank you for you help year after tear in the search for truth but most for the unwavering determination to help us find our

I would like to think that Heather lives on in each and every one of us.

Investing my (our) time in this case was to make sure Heather and your family would get justice. You all deserve so much more and I know every one of us wish we could undo the night Heather vanished.
Although I didn’t know her, I love her free spirit and identified with her further because we were born on the same day.

Heather and you and your family will always have a place in my heart. Emma

Last edited:
Does anyone know what Ashley was talking about with regard to her phone being "cloned" and sending information to "Carmen?" And then why NL objected and said that was "opening the door?" Opening the door to/for what?

Dennis denied the motion, citing a number of examples of “compelling circumstantial evidence” as to why the jury might find Moorer guilty. The judge also denied a motion to dismiss the conspiracy charge, saying testimony showed Sidney wasn’t able to do anything without Tammy’s permission.

Before the defense began its case, Dennis said he had gotten a call from his daughter who said the public may take his comments the wrong way.

He assured the courtroom that his job is to make sure the state gets a fair shot in presenting its case and that in no way has he reached any conclusion on the innocence or guilt of Moorer.

Sidney Moorer's defense attorneys begin presenting case in kidnapping trial

RSBM: During SM's first trial, the way he treated NL vs. the way he treated ALL of the male attorneys was infuriating! I'm glad someone brought it to his attention, but I don't know what the right way to take that is. I would say we all took it the right way. What he did and said was the wrong way.

JMO (and the opinion of many, many other people)

Referring back to the original quote, I believe this refers to the current trial, and Dennis's comments re: the "credible evidence" presented by the state in denying motions for a mistrial or directed verdict. The daughter seemed to think his comments could influence the public's opinion. That's why he assured the courtroom that he has reached no conclusion re: SM's guilt or innocence (which is bs, IMO).

Ok, gotta get some sleep but i promise to visit again tomorrow.
Thank you and God Bless and watch over each and ever one of you. Hope to meet and shake the hands of as many of you as I can someday soon! Night night.
Thank you for being here Terry and thank you for sharing that photo of your beautiful Heather with us. What you and your family have endured since Heather went missing I cannot begin to fathom. You have remained steadfast in your fight for answers and justice yet always doing so with such dignity and grace.
I pray God speaks to SM's conscience to finally tell the truth. Please know we are all standing with you and your family, not just until justice is served but for as long as it takes to find Heather and beyond. She has truly touched our hearts and we will never forget her.

Last edited:
Wasn't it said the other day that they came from store with bags, then started washing the truck?
BINGO!
GRANTED I haven't read all the posts yet but, they came home with bags and cleaning supplies THEN started cleaning.
Also it should be easy to check about burning laws in Horry County. As a matter of fact:

"Outside City/Town Limits: The S.C. Forestry Commission regulates certain types of outdoor burning. If you live outside city limits, you must notify the S.C. Forestry Commission before you burn anything outdoors."

Bam!

BINGO!
GRANTED I haven't read all the posts yet but, they came home with bags and cleaning supplies THEN started cleaning.
Also it should be easy to check about burning laws in Horry County. As a matter of fact:

"Outside City/Town Limits: The S.C. Forestry Commission regulates certain types of outdoor burning. If you live outside city limits, you must notify the S.C. Forestry Commission before you burn anything outdoors."

Bam!

Maybe the State's rebuttal witness is going to be someone from Bi-Lo who is going to testify what was bought on 12/22 between 1-3PMish using their store discount card. And by "what was bought" I mean, cleaning supplies of course :).

Referring back to the original quote, I believe this refers to the current trial, and Dennis's comments re: the "credible evidence" presented by the state in denying motions for a mistrial or directed verdict. The daughter seemed to think his comments could influence the public's opinion. That's why he assured the courtroom that he has reached no conclusion re: SM's guilt or innocence (which is bs, IMO).
You're so right! I got on my soapbox for nothin'. I was so impressed with his daughter for a minute there. I was even impressed that he was responsive to her feedback. Oh well. Thanks for the clarification, Richmond.

You're so right! I got on my soapbox for nothin'. I was so impressed with his daughter for a minute there. I was even impressed that he was responsive to her feedback. Oh well. Thanks for the clarification, Richmond.

I think we were all appalled by Judge Dennis's performance in the first SM kidnapping trial, starting with allowing a friend of the defense attorney on the jury (face palm emoji here). That right there was a travesty of justice. We could only wish his daughter would have called and told him how inappropriate he was during that trial.

Last edited:
If she testifies, will she too be compelled to appear in prison garb & handcuffs. It seems only fair if the state's incarcerated witness had to appear before the jury that way, that the defense's incarcerated witness should appear the same. (And isn't her prison uniform TEAL? The irony.)
I think Sidney should be in shackles too. He is a prisoner after all.

I'm trying to catch up. Life stuff and I haven't been following until today. I see AC was in overdrive again taking charge of her own questioning. And how many of you wander mindlessly through plants while someone searches them with a mirror?

Also, I want a tee-shirt that says, "Not Even A Nanny Cam."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member