Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

The so-called “Daytona Serial Killer” was known for leaving semen on his victims.
Arrest made in 2016 PBC homicide tied to suspected Florida serial killer

37-year-old Robert Tyrone Hayes appeared in court Monday morning on first-degree murder charges and was denied bond.

"If we wouldn't have put this individual in jail, he would've done this again and we would've had another innocent victim," said Sheriff Ric Bradshaw at a news conference Monday morning.
Suspected Florida serial killer arrested in Palm Beach County

Last edited:
Hayes is a suspect in the killing of 35-year-old Rachel Elizabeth Bey,of Riviera Beach. Authorities found her naked body near the Beeline Highway and Indiantown Road on March 7, 2016.

"We've been able to take what we believe is a serial killer off our streets," Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said at a news conference.

"Killers like Robert Tyrone Hayes are the reason genetic genealogy is so important to public safety," said spokesman Troy Walker. "Without genetic genealogy, predators like Mr. Hayes will continue to live in our neighborhoods, visit our parks, our libraries, restaurants, and go to our night life and entertainment districts to continue to hunt for victims."
Suspected serial killer arrested in Florida, linked to murders of 3 other women in state

Here is a CNN report about the arrest. Unless I am reading it wrong this man has to be a suspect in more crimes if he is linked to a crime in 2016 and then some back to 2005:

Man arrested in 2016 strangulation death is a 'serial killer' linked to at least three other Florida slayings, police say - CNN

Another article:

Robert Hayes, Suspected Florida Serial Killer, Linked to Four Murders: Authorities

One more report about the arrest:

Serial Killer Suspect Busted By 'New' Crime in Palm Beach | Florida News | 1290 WJNO

Here is part of the above report:

Detectives believed those crimes were linked because of their nearly identical style of killing, but Daytona Beach Police Chief Craig Capri says a new murder, more than 300 miles away, resulted in closure for those cases, more than a dozen years old.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says Robert Hayes, 37, is believed to be linked to at least three murders in Daytona Beach. FBI Special Agent Lee Massey says police tracked down him down using DNA, "We are extremely honored at the collaborative effort of all the law enforcement entities that have been mentioned today. The State Attorney's office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement working together to bring some type of closure or peace or justice to the families of the victims," Massey said.

Last edited:
Robert Hayes: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Sep 16, 2019

"Robert Hayes is a 37-year-old Florida man charged with the 2016 murder of a woman in Palm Beach County. Hayes is also suspected of being the Daytona Serial Killer, who police believe is responsible for the murders of at least four women in Daytona Beach between 2005 and 2007....

Here’s what you need to know about Robert Hayes:..."

Robert Hayes: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

daytona-serial-killer-victims.jpg

(Murder victims, clockwise from top left: Rachel Bey, Iwana Patton, Laquetta Gunther, Stacey Gage and Julie Green.)

Last edited:
Here is another recent page about this case with a little more information about the suspect:

Bethune-Cookman Grad Arrested In Florida As Alleged Serial Killer [VIDEO]

Part of the article:

Investigators put Hayes under surveillance and said a cigarette butt collected surreptitiously last week after he caught a bus linked him to the killings and a sample taken after his arrest confirmed it. They said the odds are 700-billion-to-1 that the killer is someone other than Hayes. That is 100 times the world’s population.

“It’s no longer working the streets anymore. It’s working the technology, the DNA … It’s a brave new world,” said State Attorney R.J. Larizza in Volusia County.

I wonder if the car was registered to someone else? In 2006 there would have been cameras, maybe not as many as there are today but still.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Three women shot in the head, each dumped a month a part — the 2006 killings scared Daytona Beach’s street people so badly that they memorized suspicious men’s license plate numbers and gave them to police. And then suddenly the slayings stopped.
Bethune-Cookman Grad Arrested In Florida As Alleged Serial Killer [VIDEO]

Robert Hayes: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Sep 16, 2019

"Robert Hayes is a 37-year-old Florida man charged with the 2016 murder of a woman in Palm Beach County. Hayes is also suspected of being the Daytona Serial Killer, who police believe is responsible for the murders of at least four women in Daytona Beach between 2005 and 2007....

Here’s what you need to know about Robert Hayes:..."

Robert Hayes: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

daytona-serial-killer-victims.jpg

(Murder victims, clockwise from top left: Rachel Bey, Iwana Patton, Laquetta Gunther, Stacey Gage and Julie Green.)

Here is a video report with five facts about the suspect in this case:

A man arrested for the 2016 murder of a Florida woman has been linked by DNA evidence to three more killings believed to have been the work of a serial killer, officials said.

Rachel Bey, 32, was found dead on the side of a highway by a road crew on Beeline Highway near Pratt Whitney Road on March 7, 2016. She was found naked and had reportedly been strangled and suffered a broken jaw and teeth.

Results from a sexual battery kit yielded a male DNA profile that investigators said they ultimately connected to Robert Hayes, a 37-year-old West Palm Beach man detectives said they previously suspected in the murders of three other women.

No charges were filed against him in those cases, and Hayes, then a student at Bethune-Cookman University, would go on to graduate with a degree in criminal justice, the school told the Associated Press.
Florida Man Arrested for 2016 Murder Now Linked to 3 Other Killings From Decade Earlier

"I thought this would go unsolved forever. Honestly, I thought this would be a cold case," said Dr. Aneesah Farris, who is now a chiropractor.

Farris said when she moved to the Daytona Beach area to go to school, her aunt Iwana Patton moved with her to help care for Farris's 1-year-old son.

"She devoted her life to caring for individuals. She was a caregiver, a nursing assistant. She worked two jobs," Farris said.

"She was totally caught off guard, in the wrong place at the wrong time," Farris said.

Although a Palm Beach County resident, Hayes attended Bethune-Cookman University from 2000 to 2006, several of those years overlapping Farris's own time at BCU, but the two never met.

"For me to know that he was connected to my beloved institution, it's a nightmare," she said.

"This was not someone she was going to see. That was not her intention, her intention was to come back to my home and assist me with my child," Farris said.

"We are thankful that we feel she can rest a little easier now, that she has some answers," Farris said.
Daytona Beach murder victim's niece: 'I thought this would be a cold case'

Wow! They need to share his DNA with LE in GA, TN, SC & NC. This dude could not hold in that desire to kill for 10 years, in my opinion.

He had access to homeless families and individual’s personal info. Are there missing ladies from that pool of people?

That is quite a leap from working as a caseworker for a non-profit to “hiding” in a kitchen. Sure seems suspect.

How did he treat the mother of his child? Any unreported domestic violence? I am sure they’ve interviewed her.

Accused Florida serial killer has connection to NC

Sep 18, 2019

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A man accused of killing multiple women in the state of Florida used to live in the Charlotte area, according to documents obtained by WBTV Tuesday night....

WBTV obtained documents Tuesday night that show Hayes previously held a Charlotte address. A 2014 traffic citation lists Hayes’ address as a home on Hathaway Hills Drive in west Charlotte. WBTV went to the home Tuesday evening and spoke with one of the current residents of the house....

A representative from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department confirmed Tuesday that CMPD detectives are aware of Hayes’ arrest. He said detectives are always willing to look into new leads, but Hayes has not been charged for any crimes in Charlotte."

Accused Florida serial killer has connection to NC
---

Police want to know what an accused serial killer was doing after 2006. For two of those years, he lived in Charlotte.

September 17, 2019

"WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A man arrested and accused of being a serial killer, lived in Charlotte in the years following the serial slayings in Florida, records obtained by WCNC NBC Charlotte indicate. Police want to know if he could be responsible for any unsolved crimes in that time period....

Daytona Beach detectives said he is the prime suspect in the deaths of the other woman, though he has not been charged there. Detectives also want to know what Hayes was doing between 2006 and 2016.

In at least two of those years, Hayes lived in Charlotte.

Mecklenburg County court records revealed Hayes received four traffic citations between 2009 and 2010.

NBC Charlotte asked the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department if they believe Hayes could be responsible for any open cold cases.

A public information officer replied, “He has not been arrested here in Charlotte for any criminal activities. Any open homicide cases are ongoing and active investigations. If any information develops it will be released by CMPD Public Affairs.”..."

Accused Florida serial killer lived in Charlotte for two years

Not sure when exactly he was there, it says two years and he was there in 2014 so it could be 2012-2014 or 2014-2016 or anything inbetween. Anyone know of any unsolved murders or disappearances of victims in Charlotte or nearby that could fit him?

I searched the forum this is the only one that looked possible to me:

NC - NC - Anastasia Meaders, 28, Charlotte, 17 June 2016

Of course he may not have killed anyone, serial killers do stop sometimes.

Not sure when exactly he was there, it says two years and he was there in 2014 so it could be 2012-2014 or 2014-2016 or anything inbetween. Anyone know of any unsolved murders or disappearances of victims in Charlotte or nearby that could fit him?

I searched the forum this is the only one that looked possible to me:

NC - NC - Anastasia Meaders, 28, Charlotte, 17 June 2016

Of course he may not have killed anyone, serial killers do stop sometimes.

2 more missing threads in that time period:

NC - NC - Carmen Gonzalez Pinto, 26, Charlotte, 13 Sept 2016

NC - NC - Jamekia Sabb, 16, Charlotte, 22 Nov 2013

I did see those two. The reason i didn't include them is because Carmen has dementia so i figured that was more likely the cause of her disappearance than murder but it certainly could be. Jamekia is also a lot younger than his known victims who were 30-45 i believe, but age may not be important to him since that is quite a range. Thanks for posting them i shouldn't have excluded them due to my own feelings as we don't really know much about him yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back