CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think that the ultimate destination was Vegas or somewhere within the Mohave Preserve? What I am trying to figure out, is, is that location a particularly good one for the alternative theories put forward (e.g. those that are different to RT's account)?

Looking for link, to a pdf pls, cited in previous thread(s) re BT.
A procedure doc/internal-use dept doc, for LE re handling missing persons cases.
It has a multi-page checklist of info re the MisPers, the LEO should ask person reporting the MisPers.

IIRC we discussed this when BT was added to the the CA OfcAttyGen 's missing list/database.
Looking at California Missing Persons, I don't see it,but would not expect to, as it would be/is an internal-use dept. document/chapter from a procedure manual or training manual for OAG and for local LE.
Thx in adv.
Is this the document @al66pine ? See following post with link to a very long document.

Also, @PaulR recommended a very good SAR book
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

ETA: link from post: https://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/commi...2011_1118_Published_Land_SAR_Addendum_1.0.pdf

Also, from this post, you can follow and find @PaulR ’s book recommendation

Last edited:
Do we think that the ultimate destination was Vegas or somewhere within the Mohave Preserve? What I am trying to figure out, is, is that location a particularly good one for the alternative theories put forward (e.g. those that are different to RT's account)?

We have no idea. There was a FCFS dry camp not far from where they were (maybe 30-45 minutes). Las Vegas was further and darned hard to drive that rig inside city limits.

Is this the document @al66pine ? See following post with link to a very long document.
Also, @PaulR recommended a very good SAR book
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5
ETA: link from post: https://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/commi...2011_1118_Published_Land_SAR_Addendum_1.0.pdf
Also, from this post, you can follow and find @PaulR ’s book recommendation
Yes.
Cheers for @firstsleuth for finding this post w allllllllll these links. :D
Plus more links at link.

Yes.
Cheers for @firstsleuth for finding this post w allllllllll these links. :D
Plus more links at link.

Thank you @al66pine ! :) Glad I could help, I had forgotten about the other article link in that post published in Outside magazine and how it seemed to me their theories included every single one we’ve visited here. Very interesting article about a young man who vanished without a trace wearing only running shorts and shoes iirc...much later, finally recovered
IMO

ETA: just re-read the entire post thx to @al66pine

There are 2 very interesting articles IMO besides the .pdf link. From the post for those who haven’t seen the articles or would like to revisit them:

“As an aside, my google search results included this highly interesting (at least to me and I think people here following Barbara) article by Outside magazine Online titled “How 1,600 People Went Missing from Our Public Lands Without a Trace”. How 1,600 People Disappeared on Our Public Lands

The article highlights the case of 18 year old Joe Keller, who went missing 7/23/2015 with some similarities to Barbara

“Joe left his phone and wallet at the ranch house. He wore only red running shorts, blue trail shoes, and an Ironman watch. Shirtless, with blond anime hair and ripped muscles, he looked more like a California lifeguard than a Tennessee farm kid. ”

The following article published after his remains are found closely parallels our efforts and theories here on WS, even including a wild animal and snake theory as causes:

Joe Keller: The Runner who Never Returned

Last edited:
It just seems like Barbara is out there in that desert, just not where the 911 call was made from.
I'm partially fixated on Hidden Hills Rd. I don't know why, except it looks to me a logical, less-traveled unpaved road where someone could be easily "placed," by means of a vehicle. A vehicle not trailering a 5th wheel. Other than that, I'm just completely confounded.

Thank you @al66pine ! :) Glad I could help, I had forgotten about the other article link in that post published in Outside magazine and how it seemed to me their theories included every single one we’ve visited here. Very interesting article about a young man who vanished without a trace wearing only running shorts and shoes iirc...much later, finally recovered
IMO

ETA: just re-read the entire post thx to @al66pine

There are 2 very interesting articles IMO besides the .pdf link. From the post for those who haven’t seen the articles or would like to revisit them:

“As an aside, my google search results included this highly interesting (at least to me and I think people here following Barbara) article by Outside magazine Online titled “How 1,600 People Went Missing from Our Public Lands Without a Trace”. How 1,600 People Disappeared on Our Public Lands

The article highlights the case of 18 year old Joe Keller, who went missing 7/23/2015 with some similarities to Barbara

“Joe left his phone and wallet at the ranch house. He wore only red running shorts, blue trail shoes, and an Ironman watch. Shirtless, with blond anime hair and ripped muscles, he looked more like a California lifeguard than a Tennessee farm kid. ”

The following article published after his remains are found closely parallels our efforts and theories here on WS, even including a wild animal and snake theory as causes:

Joe Keller: The Runner who Never Returned
Take home messages:

Its easy to get lost and its a very common occurrence across age, fitness level, and outdoor experience.

Its very hard to find a lost person even when 100's of people are looking almost right on top of where they end up.

Has anyone changed their opinion (whatever it may be) regarding this case since first reading about it and after having perused the many posts in the threads?

Since LE has told the VI that Barb was in that location that day (at some point), I accept that she was. But from the beginning I’ve always said that in order for Barb to “get lost” on that walk, the timeline had to be longer than RT stated in order for her to walk far enough to be out of range of his calling and waving AND to be undiscovered in the subsequent nine day search by SAR. I still have that opinion because I don’t have facts to support another and I prefer to think of Barb’s disappearance as a tragic accident. But that isn’t to say I haven’t entertained other theories along the way.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member