GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to put this out there. Because I have so much confusion at this point. After watching the sentencing several times, I'm beginning to think maybe this is the one time SM didn't lie. Maybe he doesn't know where her body is. I have a whole lot of maybes now and it's aggravating me. He takes out the sd card so TM can't keep track of where he's going. He calls HE from payphone. He parks across the street from convenience store, not to hide from cameras, but so no one or TM sees his car at payphone. He calls HE and tells her he's finally leaving TM. Tells her he's going to get the pregnancy test. He goes to Wal-Mart to get the test and locks his doors because TM isn't with him. He buys pregnancy test and cigar (maybe he was happy that HE might be pregnant and he could start his life over with someone who isn't TM). He leaves to meet HE and sometime after, TM appears in PC's car. Hence, the whole "Mom hit a deer and totaled her car" post that night. Then things start to quickly go downhill. SM had assured TM it's over with HE, but here they are together and TM has caught them. Who knows if she has a gun or other weapon and what they are forced to do-because we all know this chick is way over the edge and you don't cross her. After everything is over and done, TM has her dad dispose of HE and won't tell SM where. He can't be trusted. He would crack too easy and give up the info at some point. I just don't put anything past this crazy woman. I've always believed she has threatened SM that she would hurt him and the kids if he even thought about telling someone the truth. Now, I'm not saying SM is totally innocent in all this at all. At a minimum, he should have spoken up and told the truth years ago. It's his fault he's sitting in prison now. Does anyone else think this could be plausible?

Edit: Do we know if PC's car was ever examined for damage or DNA? Was there a police report made after hitting the deer? Was there any video from any of the bars/ restaurants that proved the M's really even worked that night? Sorry for all the questions. I just feel like I have so many more questions now.

I've ran this scenario over and over again....I think TM did it out of rage and maybe made SM help her cover it up.

Either way I think those kids need to get away from the Cs and the longer SM is away I think the more clear his head will be....did I read correctly that SM and TM are writing to each other??? I hate that. I hope it gets back to TM that he wasn't wearing his ring during half the trial.

Posting the broken quote by Carolina girl as "Thank you for finding this! please note it says the State 'MAY', not it will or has to."

Absolutely, and it would take negotiation with the lawyer. But we've seen it before in the Patrick Frazee and KKL situation! KKL had a lawyer that got her the sweetest deal ever m o o

Posting the broken quote by Carolina girl as "Thank you for finding this! please note it says the State 'MAY', not it will or has to."

Absolutely, and it would take negotiation with the lawyer. But we've seen it before in the Patrick Frazee and KKL situation!

Can you elaborate for those of us not familiar with that case?

Can you elaborate for those of us not familiar with that case?

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #55 *ARREST* is the case here. I don't want to go too far off topic for this case...

Triangle with two women and guy. One of the triangle women who was involved turned on the man who allegedly killed The Other Woman. She was actually admittedly very involved in previous attempts to murder her, but she is skipping away ( potentially no jail time) testifying against Patrick Frazee even though she was involved directly after the murder and disposed of evidence Etc., I don't want to say any more to get the thread off track, so head over there if you're interested versus commenting and getting every comment deleted.

ETA, alleged murder as the body has not been found.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out what goes on in Sidney's head. I went and watched his mother testify for the state (Watch Live: Tammy Moorer Kidnapping Trial Day 8). He and Tammy showed up at her house at 10pm Christmas Eve-- un expected. What little she was able to testify to: Tammy told her she beat the _____ out of Sidney for cheating, Sidney showed his T tattoo, and Sidney had not come on his own to visit for years. I wonder if they will ever speak out about Tammy and Sidney. I keep going back to the judge's statement "to whom much is given." We haven't heard from people who knew him about his intellectual abilities (no excuse for him) or other issues he faced growing up. Is there something that his family can do to encourage/make/cause him to tell where Heather is or what he knows? I wonder if anyone has reached out to them.

Recap from news channel (State rests case in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial; Moorer will testify Thursday ):
Sidney Moorer's mother, Irene, took the stand next.

She said in the 20 years Sidney and Tammy had been together, she had only seen Sidney alone once. Christmas Eve 2013, Tammy, Sidney and their children visited Irene.

Irene said the first time she saw Sidney's tattoo that reads "Tammy" was in January 2014.

From Tammy Moorer to take the stand in her own defense in kidnapping trial:
“She said she beat the hell out of him,” Irene Moorer said on the stand in reference to her daughter-in-law and son.

Last edited:
TTF, you hit the nail on the head!! I am learning Statement Analysis and body language (still a huge novice!!), and what you “fixed” in that statement is true.
Talk about a narc! I, I, I.... you can tell his children are important, brings up the Elvis’ children-narcs think they are above the law. Both of them being in prison will irk them until they find people to manipulate.
I pray that some event happens where Heather is finally located and laid to rest.
+bunny

PS Long live NL!!!!

I present to you all, without comment, the surveillance videos:

VIDEO: New car washing evidence presented in Moorer trial

Ok... one comment. The mirror. IT'S A REGULAR OLD MIRROR, NO DOUBT THAT IT IS A MIRROR. It's not even anything trying to look sneaky. My goodness, how daft.

ETA: This link has the mirror videos, the MBOnline article did not last time I looked.

Last edited:
@gitana1 . Can you explain Double Jeopardy because I thought the same event could not be tried twice. The same event is the kidnapping and murder perhaps. What is the fine line difference between Double Jeopardy and charging for the same event that is contiguous with the other one because I would have thought this was one that if tried for kidnapping, they could not do the murder. I still have never understood that and need explanation cuz I'm ignorant.

Off to wash my car, with visual guidance by the Moores

Ok... one comment. The mirror. IT'S A REGULAR OLD MIRROR, NO DOUBT THAT IT IS A MIRROR. It's not even anything trying to look sneaky. My goodness, how daft.

ETA: This link has the mirror videos, the MBOnline article did not last time I looked.

Thanks @emmanan and @Gardenista for posting. The MyrtleBeachOnline is behind a pay wall. The channel 15 is a partial. Can't wait to see the full unedited video. I guess they need time to upload it. It will be good to see the evidence as it gets released. Hopefully, the publishing will keep the story in the news. Where is Heather?

@gitana1 . Can you explain Double Jeopardy because I thought the same event could not be tried twice. The same event is the kidnapping and murder perhaps. What is the fine line difference between Double Jeopardy and charging for the same event that is contiguous with the other one because I would have thought this was one that if tried for kidnapping, they could not do the murder. I still have never understood that and need explanation cuz I'm ignorant.

You can't charge a second time for the same charges. So since they dropped murder they can charge for murder again I'm the future regardless of the results of the kidnapping charges. (And this was confirmed from law enforcement in my neighborhood. Not HCPD but NMBPD who would still know how it works.)

What I think is just hilarious, is that I think she was just doing a big finger and knowing she was being recorded. ( which another person apparently did the testimony)

It's analogous to all the stuff that she did on Facebook when this all went down and the months afterwards, but that could not come into the trial. But this could because it was surveillance. It just makes me giggle.

Last edited:
Thanks @emmanan and @Gardenista for posting. The MyrtleBeachOnline is behind a pay wall. The channel 15 is a partial. Can't wait to see the full unedited video. I guess they need time to upload it. It will be good to see the evidence as it gets released. Hopefully, the publishing will keep the story in the news. Where is Heather?
Yeah I can't view anything on MBO anymore because I used all my freebies with the first trials. Same with My Horry News I think.

You can't charge a second time for the same charges. So since they dropped murder they can charge for murder again I'm the future regardless of the results of the kidnapping charges. (And this was confirmed from law enforcement in my neighborhood. Not HCPD but NMBPD who would still know how it works.)

That I definitely understand you can't charge twice for the same charges.

My question was, I understood that it could not be charged twice for "different levels" for a "continuous event" based on many trials and I have followed. In other words if somebody kidnap somebody and murdered them, I did not think they could do two trials. For the SAME event.

If it was one in the same event, I always understood it could not be done. That is my question I posed for @gitana1 and others.

thank you so much for giving your legal input.

Last edited:
She's clearly looking with a mirror. I think I have that exact mirror from Walmart. And now we know why NL went with the "mirror mirror on the wall" analogy for her closing with TM. Brilliant!

I would not be able to tell they are washing the truck from this video, and definitely not burning rags. Are there other views?

Double jeopardy is when a crime and/or lesser includeds are tried at different times. So unless kidnapping is a lesser included to murder it can be charged and then murder later.

However, I think they would have a problem if they tried them later with felony murder or special circumstances murder due to the kidnapping. Does that make sense?

ETA: For example, you can't try them for vehicular manslaughter and then later try them for first degree murder for the same death

The words are directly from the video of that sentencing proceeding. Law and Crime has the video on its site.

This page and go to bottom and there is a link to the sentencing phase (Tammy speaks at the end): Verdict Watch: Tammy Moorer Kidnapping Trial

Hi everyone! I’ve followed this case from Day 1, and I just found out that SM retrial was happening and I’ve been watching everything on YouTube and reading every post on here.

I just re-read the article above and I had forgotten about TM calling NL by her first name, talking directly to the jury, how she just lies and expects to be believed. As much as I hate SM, he isn’t quite as a narcissist imo. I was sorry to read TE saying that TM is apparently the Queen Bee in prison and living large considering where she is. I was REALLY hoping she would meet her match in there and receive her comeuppance.

I was FLOORED by the truck washing video, and I’m glad the prosecution decided to use a piece of evidence they clearly were hoping to use in a murder trial in this trial to secure SM conviction. I really believe it’s what did the trick this time.

AC. Wow she probably scares me more than SM. She is right there with her sister...coming up with lies on the fly (pulling weeds?) and blatantly out & out lying about washing truck when she’s on video. Reminds me of my ex hubby who pulled up and parked beside me at a store (with the woman he was cheating with) and when confronted with picture just kept denying it was him despite me seeing him five feet away and picture. He really believed if he just said it wasn’t so then it wasn’t so no matter what I saw or had. Flat out denying & lying like that surely showed the jurors the truth more than an admission would have! I think AC had way more to do with Heather’s death than we think. Tammy trusted her sister, and she didn’t trust SM. This wasn’t an impromptu situation that fell in their lap because they just crossed paths that night and tempers were lost. It was planned and IMO there is no way that TM trusted SM 100% enough to turn him loose to do his part so I believe that AC was TM’s partner with SM being made enough of a part to secure his silence. I do have somewhat of a theory of what may have happened and I so so so hope that now that TM & SM are convicted NL will turn her attention towards the one I believe to be equally as instrumental and culpable as TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth