CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Beer and a Walk? Or Just a Beer? Or Just a Walk?
a person heading out into the heat with a beer in hand....
yet......going for a walk in the heat and returning to your RV for a nice cold beer AFTERWARDS a very regular normal activity....
@k-mac :) Thanks for your post. sbm
Possibilities occurring to me:
1. As ^, BT 'had to have' a beer before their walk and went w RT, as he described.
2. RT wanted to suggest/hint that BT 'had to have a beer' before their walk and she actually went w RT, as he described. But she had no beer that day.
3. BT planned only to sit w a beer outside in RV's shade while RT walked; he did.
4. BT planned on walking ~ 100 yards w beer from RV, while RT walked. He did.
5. BT was not there in that area of Mojave that day.
6. There was no beer.
7. thru 100. Other.

Jmo on possibilities, not convinced of any of them.

All of this talk about that area.
Did any parts of the Mojave have cameras-- like trail cams ?
Or something to capture vehicles not just entering/leaving ; but driving around ?
Or passersby .
I keep thinking someone had to have spotted the shiny new fifth wheel and not realized its' significance.

I agree about the beer. It just doesn’t fit. I keep going back to it in my mind and find it off. Can’t explain! IMO.

Arizona woman Barbara Thomas, 69, went missing around 2.30pm and her spouse said she was clutching a beer as they made their way back to a camper van in the sweltering temperatures.

[...]

As he shared an image of his spouse, Arizona man described her as wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks.

'They told me I was being deceptive': Husband of missing 69-year-old bikini-clad hiker admits cops think he's the prime suspect after failing a polygraph as Mojave Desert search enters day 6

ETA: RT also said they took a pack, beer, and gallon of water but she did not have water when she disappeared.

RT mentioning that BT had a beer with her doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with her drinking beer while going on a hike. JMO
I don’t think it was wrong but I feel it might be unusual if it was early in the day. And that makes me wonder if they’re big drinkers. No judgment here, I just finished a glass of wine. What is weird to me is RT seeming to suggest it made her attractive to a predator.

Here's the deal -- they were allegedly on their way back to trailer from a 2 mile hike when RT stopped to take a photo of rock formation, and believed Barbara walked ahead to the trailer. He was shocked to arrive at the trailer and find it still locked, and no Barbara.

It doesn't follow that Barbara would still be clutching a beer after 2 miles in 100 degree heat -- especially since they also had no water with them according to RT.

I doubt there was ever a beer, and don't think Barbara ever made the 2 mile hike with RT.

MOO

ETA: MSN report states they took beer and gallon of water but video portion of same report states Barb did not have any water when she disappeared in the 100 degree heat.

Last edited:
Here's the deal -- they were allegedly on their way back to trailer from a 2 mile hike when RT stopped to take a photo of rock formation, and believed Barbara walked ahead to the trailer. He was shocked to arrive at the trailer and find it still locked, and no Barbara.

It doesn't follow that Barbara would still be clutching a beer after 2 miles in 100 degree heat -- especially since they also had no water with them according to RT.

I doubt there was ever a beer, and don't think Barbara ever made the 2 mile hike with RT.

MOO
They had a gallon of water with them according to RT.

Last edited:
All of this talk about that area.
Did any parts of the Mojave have cameras-- like trail cams ?
Or something to capture vehicles not just entering/leaving ; but driving around ?
Or passersby .
I keep thinking someone had to have spotted the shiny new fifth wheel and not realized its' significance.
Google Maps did just that ... Look it up and drive the road.. There is a 5th wheel .... Not ours But I Like your question for anybody with a trail cam which is an interesting thought.

All I have is her husbands own words in some odd and interesting TV interviews, her sons own words on social media that make you consider what RT has been up to and Matthews toned down TV interview. Her nephews own words. Actions on the part of RT and Matthew to find BT are missing from public for whatever reason. LE puts the case to investigations and here we sit..

Matthews accusation and RT abduction theory line up. IF true.. That would mean RT and BT were at the location for a reason. Not a rock hunt. IF it were true I would think LE would have already detained RT and ripped his life down.
Good points, cazador. Maybe LE has served warrants and it's taking time to follow up on all the clandestine possibilities, especially if they're waking a sleeping giant. MOO

I’m trying to present a scenario here that would look more kindly upon RT regarding his “she had a beer in her hand” statement, but maybe it is less kind to Barbara, unfortunately:

Maybe Barbara did have too much to drink, but RT is feeling protective of her (an enabler?) and didn’t want to say she was drunk or use such a term. So, in trying to be somewhat truthful he says “she had a beer in her hand” to let it be known in an indirect way she did drink some beer, while hiding the truth of the severity of her insobriety. Possible? Maybe that would also explain the “deceptive” polygraph outcome.

Hope I’m not going against TOS. Just thoughts that came into my mind of a case I can’t get out of my mind! Poor, dear Barbara...we want you found!

IMO, RT's words, "...because ... carrying a beer...", as used in presenting the reason why BT may have been abducted begged one or more follow-up questions from LE, which should have included:
"Why do you believe a bikini-clad woman carrying a beer while crossing a road through desert land is a target for a seemingly-random abduction by a seemingly-random driver-by?"

Crickets from the media? Doesn't bleed, doesn't lede.

Crickets from LE? Piecing together evidence from that and previous and post days.

Crickets from family? You tell me.

Who has been BT's on-going public advocate in this case?

Why is everyone who matters in this case so silent? So, so silent....

I’m trying to present a scenario here that would look more kindly upon RT regarding his “she had a beer in her hand” statement, but maybe it is less kind to Barbara, unfortunately:

Maybe Barbara did have too much to drink, but RT is feeling protective of her (an enabler?) and didn’t want to say she was drunk or use such a term. So, in trying to be somewhat truthful he says “she had a beer in her hand” to let it be known in an indirect way she did drink some beer, while hiding the truth of the severity of her insobriety. Possible? Maybe that would also explain the “deceptive” polygraph outcome.

Hope I’m not going against TOS. Just thoughts that came into my mind of a case I can’t get out of my mind! Poor, dear Barbara...we want you found!

From all reports by RT, Barbara was not carrying a pack or surplus of beer on her person. When she allegedly disappeared, they were on the way back to the trailer after 2 mile hike, RT stopped to take a photo, and he believed she walked ahead and he would see her at the trailer.

I don't believe Barbara could make the 2 miles in 100+ heat if she was intoxicated, and never believed she was still carrying a beer after having completed 2 miles. None of that follows.

Also, to my knowledge, the VI and/or family members posting here have not cited Barbara to have a drinking problem where RT would feel the need to provide cover for her drinking.

MOO

RT’s accounting of how Brenda came to be missing sounds about as plausible as Scott Powell’s story about a spur of the moment camping trip with his, (already dead), wife Susan, and their toddler sons, (next on his hit list), in the desert in Utah during a December blizzard.

RT’s accounting of how Brenda came to be missing sounds about as plausible as Scott Powell’s story about a spur of the moment camping trip with his, (already dead), wife Susan, and their toddler sons, (next on his hit list), in the desert in Utah during a December blizzard.
Josh Powell, and Barbara, but I agree about the plausibility of the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77