Recovered/Located AZ - Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, Camp Pendleton Marine, Surprise, 16 Sept 2019

And, nowhere near Mexico! So glad he is safely in custody. His mother, well, she is a loving mother, and I am happy for her sake that he will hopefully receive the help he needs.

Job and his family will be in my prayers. And big thanks to the LE who apprehended him without bloodshed.

Wow. Would not have guessed the turns this case ended up taking. I'm glad he is now safe and that his worried family has answers. Also a bit heartbroken for him; his career will be over and he will now have this mental issue to deal with: a lot to transpire at such a young age.

Wow. Would not have guessed the turns this case ended up taking. I'm glad he is now safe and that his worried family has answers. Also a bit heartbroken for him; his career will be over and he will now have this mental issue to deal with: a lot to transpire at such a young age.
So true. Strange turn of events. Better than if he had actually harmed someone or himself though. I can think of 2 recent cases (on here as well) where the young man had some sort of breakdown and ended up killing family and others. It's at least a good thing that Job will be able to get the help he needs and didn't damage anyone else's life or his own beyond repair. JMO

Last edited:
That story came from a leaked FBI memo.

The person who leaked it was uncomfortable about their silence in regards to a potential threat.

We don’t know who provided this information to the FBI, but it sounds like atleast one of the two people who came forward is a friend of Job’s.

Agreed. Since the voices were heard on the 16th, that would be the last day he was seen at home. Most likely friends/family.

I am so glad this was resolved peacefully and he got help before harming himself or others. MOO

This is great news. I knew it would just be a matter of time since the FBI and NCIS were involved. So glad that he is now safe. Although his career with the military is over, he has a very supportive family and will hopefully get the help he needs. The outcome could have been far worse.

I'm not sure what assistance that the military gives to people who go AWOL, and with conditions such as this case.

I do sincerely hope that he is afforded the help that he needs while incarcerated.

I'm with all of you guys and that I think he needs help, I just hope he gets what he needs.

This is great news. I knew it would just be a matter of time since the FBI and NCIS were involved. So glad that he is now safe. Although his career with the military is over, he has a very supportive family and will hopefully get the help he needs. The outcome could have been far worse.
Yes, this is fabulous news and I hope that this young man gets the help he needs.

Just able to catch up on WS for the first time today and I'm so VERY glad to see that Job is safe! I hope he gets the help he needs. Prayers for his family as they deal this...I'm sure this turned theirs lives upside down.

Mom of Job Wallace, Valley Marine who was found safe in Texas after missing for 5 days, speaks out

News NBC/12

PHOENIX — The Valley mother of a Marine who was missing for five days is speaking out for the first time since her son was found safe in Texas.

[...]

"It feels great," she told 12 News, while taking down a note she left on her door for her once-missing son.

"He's safe, that's all that matters."

Job was taken back to Camp Pendleton on Saturday to receive medical treatment, the family said in a news release late that night.

Even though Job's whereabouts are once again known, many questions remain about his disappearance, such as why he didn't report for duty.

"At this point I just know he's found, he's alive, he's safe and any further questions would have to be with NCIS, I just don't know the details," Stacy said.

[...]

Stacy said she has talked with her son, and said he was with the truck that was initially spotted in Texas when NCIS found him.

"Our conversation was just overwhelmingly positive and we just, it was a beautiful moment," she said.

"It's just a rollout of emotions. He's safe, and we're still in that moment of he's safe," Stacy added.

"I just know everything is going to be okay."
https://www.12news.com/article/news...eaks-missing-marine-surprise-camp-pendleton/{

SEP 21, 2019
Job Covey Wallace: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

It’s true that many people speak highly about Wallace’s character, with one man calling him a “good Marine” he would die for in a post shared by Wallace’s mom. Stacy Wallace, his mother, called him “a proud US Marine and loyal human being” in a Facebook post...

However, the website The Young Turks now says it has obtained internal FBI documents that provide a possible new surprising twist to the story; according to those documents, which you can read in full here, federal officials were concerned that Wallace could pose a threat of violence because two unnamed sources accused him of wanting to travel to Mexico to “take out” cartel members and get rid of traffickers. Authorities have not confirmed that report.

[...]

The alert alleges that Wallace owns four weapons and they are missing: An ACR automatic rifle, a semi-automatic shotgun, a M14 rifle, and a Sig 9MM pistol. There is a warning on the alert that says it’s an information report, “not finally evaluated intelligence,” and thus it has yet to be “fully evaluated, integrated with other information, interpreted or analyzed.”

The report alleges that on the evening of September 16, 2019, Wallace “claimed to be hearing voices and indicated he wanted to get rid of child traffickers at the border.” His vehicle was photographed on the 17th at the Fort Hancock Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas, but as of September 18, his vehicle had not traveled into or out of Mexico.

According to the report, Wallace recently gave away or abandoned “several valuable personal items recently” and cleared all his personal belongings from his room at Camp Pendleton. “Wallace indicated he has been dissatisfied with his life in the Marine Corps and had mentioned on multiple occasions his desire to travel to Mexico to ‘take out’ cartel members and traffickers,” the report alleges.

[...]
He is too young to be allowed to own at least two of those weapons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back