GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder it was hung. I wonder if he got a lot of professional criticism for his actions.

The Elvis family and/or their advocates appealed to whoever is above Judge Dennis to have him removed. He refused to recuse himself, and he (obviously) was not removed. If you watch SM's first kidnapping trial and then TM's trial with a judge who acted in a professional, unbiased manner, the difference was stark. I think a lot of us were dreading having Judge Dennis on this trial. He managed to act in a semi-professional manner this time around. I say good riddance to the retiring old southern white boy judge. (Sorry, just can't help myself. MOO.) (Edit: I was surprised to hear him reveal to the Elvis family that his own grandfather was murdered, and that he witnessed his father's anguish & grief for the rest of his father's life--his father never recovered from it.)

Last edited:
His family may have. During this most recent trial, after defense asked for a directed verdict and was denied, Judge Dennis made a little speech about why he was denying it and basically said Sidney was guilty as sin (but not in those words). The next day (or later that day, I forget) he said his daughter had admonished him for that and said it wasn't what he meant....(his daughter was watching the livestream).

Also, fun fact in case you didn't know. If you're a fan of reality TV at all, and in particular Southern Charm, Judge Dennis is Kathryn Dennis' grandfather.
NO, HE IS NOT HER GRANDFATHER NOR HER UNCLE! They are cousins.
People state things as facts that are not facts.
When we give our humble opinion, it is mere supposition & we should state it as such.

Back to PC’s “totalled” car, (I know, grooan!)
I was on the Social media thread #3, and on page 17, members jash and polly cox (sorry, can’t remember) were giving some dates/times and theories about the car.
Because in my mind, there is NO WAY with the surveillance from the business and Joyce’s house that they could have killed her in those 7 minutes.
Just some extra food for thought, sent up from my rabbit hole!
I do not have FB, so looking for screenshots and old opinions from others to try to get a different angle.
If you don’t hear from me in three days, send the rescue squad and carrots! <GIANT HUGS>

And, to boot, Tammy believes that she has every right to say that because she has found religion. She takes no responsibility and provides no peace but fans the flames so her kids and family can extoll her goodness. Totally cruel and vile.

Well good! I'm glad she did. Now she knows exactly where she's headed.

He went on a one month vacation and planned this all out with TM so much so that they still have not been charged with murder. Came home and carried it out within days of their return. This was not some spur of the moment rage attack or there would have been way more errors in their plan and they would have been charged with murder years ago.
RSBM - because now I'm wondering what they did/bought while on that trip to prepare for this... Like burner phones?

Her behavior is like a bad Lifetime movie.....except it's real :(.

I admit to wondering if someone holds movie rights and if one will be made. I'm ok as long as the Ms see no $ at all from it. Can't you picture Shaleine Woodley (whose name I spelled wrong) playing Heather?

BBM - I think that ship has sailed. I believe the kids know, or at least the older two know.

Looking at the statute I don't see how it could apply. Because it seems that they may need to provide info that either didn't become valuable until they provided it or they couldn't have anticipated it was valuable until they provided it.

I think his family also influenced him to do better. Nancy Livesay has a hearing problem, one reason she has a bit of a lisp, in the first trial he was very condescending about her not hearing everything. She can't help it. He was better this last trial. The reason it was a hung jury in his first trial, in my opinion, was there was a friend of his defense attorney on the jury, they claimed they could be partial but the other jury members spoke after the trial, they never said who it was but did say there was one juror that wouldn't be change their mind. We think it was that person.

Geez. That's horrible. And nothing much the state could do about it.

I wonder if Sid could receive a sentence reduction (kidnapping & conspiracy), and immunity from prosecution (murder), if he told how Heather died and who did what?

Well I think he would have to lie. I believe both are knee deep. She probably made him be the one to deliver the fatal stabbings or blows, etc.

Don't let that accent fool you. I grew up in the south and got out as fast as I could. Moved to San Diego with a boyfriend at 18, much to my parents' chagrin. Eventually spent 26 years in NYC, which I consider my real home--diverse, active, direct, no bs (for the most part). "Bless her/his heart" means just the opposite in the south.

As others have said, Judge Dennis was awful in SM's first trial. He should have recused himself when it came out that he had a connection to SM's parents (which he openly admitted when he sentenced SM after this trial--even saying that knowing his parents and upbringing mitigated against sentencing his 30 yr. terms to run consecutively). He allowed a friend of the defense attorney on the jury (wouldn't allow the prosecution to use one of their exemptions). Who does that? He actually cut off NL's closing argument. I don't know if anyone else picked up this time on his saying that he'd never cut off an attorney's closing argument, oh, but maybe once or twice when they were going on too long (paraphrased). NL's eyes must have rolled into the back of her head with that bs. Never trust a southern accent. The sweetness can hide cunning that you would not imagine. (And I say that with my family going back generations in VA, NC & SC--my mother's family to the revolutionary war in SC.) All MOO.

It's pretty shocking. What a creep. It's unheard of to cut off a closing argument in a criminal case of this magnitude. And that would give the jury a clear understanding that the judge was biased against the state.

And then not allowing them to use their exemption? Hell, they should not have had to! That guy should've been excused for cause. No exemption necessary.

This all points to corruption. It's pretty scary to think how easily this could have been a different ending.

But I sure won't blame all southerners for that judge!

How on earth does a person this disordered and evil not have a prior record?

So her attorneys had no control of her? I don't think they liked her much. Must have been hell to represent her.

How is she doing in prison? I think she'd fit right in. She seemed sort of to accept and be resigned to a 30 year sentence. She knows what she's done.

Did she ever post here?

No control at all. In fact, when her trial was over, she had her daughter post an audio clip on FB that she and SM secretly recorded of her attorney gossiping about the prosecutor (NL) having an affair. I think some other stuff was posted too, but I can't remember what all it was right now. They are nightmare clients.

Geez. That's horrible. And nothing much the state could do about it.
Let’s be honest about what a good job NL did this time. She was prepared & presented her case in a professional & concise manner all the while using good grammar!
She was much more pleasant & confident.
(That was not so the first time when she used yonder mountain phrases, repeated herself constantly & used very poor grammar.)

Looking at the statute I don't see how it could apply. Because it seems that they may need to provide info that either didn't become valuable until they provided it or they couldn't have anticipated it was valuable until they provided it.

Per 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson:

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance," he said, mentioning a legal requirement that would enable Moorer to reduce his sentence if met. "What I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it."
'Justice is a poor substitution:' Prosecutors reflect on Moorer trials, Elvis' whereabouts

Well I think he would have to lie. I believe both are knee deep. She probably made him be the one to deliver the fatal stabbings or blows, etc.
Funny you should say that because at his sentencing he said something along the lines of he has kids of his own and gets how the Elvis family are feeling But he can’t provide them closure because everything he would say would be a lie.

Last edited:
Per 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson:

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance," he said, mentioning a legal requirement that would enable Moorer to reduce his sentence if met. "What I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it."
'Justice is a poor substitution:' Prosecutors reflect on Moorer trials, Elvis' whereabouts
If it works and she is finally brought home I think it should be amended (for clarity) and named “Heather’s Law”.

When we give our humble opinion, it is mere supposition & we should state it as such.
I think it was just being added as a fun fact. Not pertinent to the case. Innocent error with fun intentions. No harm done.

No control at all. In fact, when her trial was over, she had her daughter post an audio clip on FB that she and SM secretly recorded of her attorney gossiping about the prosecutor (NL) having an affair. I think some other stuff was posted too, but I can't remember what all it was right now. They are nightmare clients.

Oh I had forgotten about that. They are such horrible people, that was Sid's attorney Truslow. She was so angry with him and Sid, she was railing on facebook, I remember that now. She wanted SM to take the stand and his attorney didn't want him too. I remember SM was practically in tears over that, probably scared because he stood up to her and didn't do what she ordered.

Last edited:
It's pretty shocking. What a creep. It's unheard of to cut off a closing argument in a criminal case of this magnitude. And that would give the jury a clear understanding that the judge was biased against the state.

And then not allowing them to use their exemption? Hell, they should not have had to! That guy should've been excused for cause. No exemption necessary.

This all points to corruption. It's pretty scary to think how easily this could have been a different ending.

But I sure won't blame all southerners for that judge!

I don't blame all southerners either, but there is definitely a good ole' boy network in the south that dates back to, well, forever. It would be nice to think the last generation of that network is dying out, but it's clearly still alive in the deep south (but I won't step into the political arena here). The corruption of trials in the deep south is continuing to be uncovered, going back years and years, and in those cases mostly racially motivated.

NL did a good job attempting to overcome the deck that was stacked against her in SM's first kidnapping trial, but having a friend of the defense attorney on the jury sank the ship.

Let’s be honest about what a good job NL did this time. She was prepared & presented her case in a professional & concise manner all the while using good grammar!
She was much more pleasant & confident.
(That was not so the first time when she used yonder mountain phrases, repeated herself constantly & used very poor grammar.)

NL has honed her skills for sure since SM's first kidnapping trial. She is smart as a whip, and did a great job in both this trial and TM's kidnapping trial. I think when she gets passionate, especially in closing arguments, her grammar slips; I could tell a difference particularly when she gave the rebuttal to the defense closing in this trial. She was fighting for justice for Heather, and it showed. Kudos to her.

Geechigirl, the caps sound like you are taking it personal.
It was a fun fact not a muckraking.
:0)

I don't blame all southerners either, but there is definitely a good ole' boy network in the south that dates back to, well, forever. It would be nice to think the last generation of that network is dying out, but it's clearly still alive in the deep south (but I won't step into the political arena here). The corruption of trials in the deep south is continuing to be uncovered, going back years and years, and in those cases mostly racially motivated.

NL did a good job attempting to overcome the deck that was stacked against her in SM's first kidnapping trial, but having a friend of the defense attorney on the jury sank the ship.

NL has honed her skills for sure since SM's first kidnapping trial. She is smart as a whip, and did a great job in both this trial and TM's kidnapping trial. I think when she gets passionate, especially in closing arguments, her grammar slips; I could tell a difference particularly when she gave the rebuttal to the defense closing in this trial. She was fighting for justice for Heather, and it showed. Kudos to her.
Yes, smart as a whip and passionate. What a beautiful combination!
She sunk SM
But she capsized Tammy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members