GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty shocking. What a creep. It's unheard of to cut off a closing argument in a criminal case of this magnitude. And that would give the jury a clear understanding that the judge was biased against the state.

And then not allowing them to use their exemption? Hell, they should not have had to! That guy should've been excused for cause. No exemption necessary.

This all points to corruption. It's pretty scary to think how easily this could have been a different ending.

But I sure won't blame all southerners for that judge!
BBM: Thank you for the benefit of the doubt. Some of us are just normal people behind our accents, and many of us actually mean it when we say "bless his/her/your heart."

NO, HE IS NOT HER GRANDFATHER NOR HER UNCLE! They are cousins.
People state things as facts that are not facts.
When we give our humble opinion, it is mere supposition & we should state it as such.
OH MY?!! I'll try to remember to provide a link the next time I make a factual statement on familial association, sorry for the misstep.

Geechigirl, the caps sound like you are taking it personal.
It was a fun fact not a muckraking.
:0)[/QUOTE
Sorry about that. Not personal but there were too many posts so I just wanted to make it clear. When we post things here, we shouldn’t just make blatant statements that aren’t so.

BBM: Thank you for the benefit of the doubt. Some of us are just normal people behind our accents, and many of us actually mean it when we say "bless his/her/your heart."

Surfside, no intent to generalize to all southerners. (And I was raised a southerner, so I would be included in that group.) I think I was responding to the idea that some kind of gentility or kindness is implied in those accents that isn’t necessarily there. Some aspects of the Old South and its facade of sweetness, which can cover for a host of hostilities, cruelties, and unspoken horrors.

No control at all. In fact, when her trial was over, she had her daughter post an audio clip on FB that she and SM secretly recorded of her attorney gossiping about the prosecutor (NL) having an affair. I think some other stuff was posted too, but I can't remember what all it was right now. They are nightmare clients.

That is incredible. Her poor kids. There needs to be a TM vault of all of the things she says and did. If her daughter was posting that kind of stuff, it is a no brainer that all of these kids will defend their parents to the last. I didn't take much to link the dots in her case but if her kids can't understand it, then, they are in for a bumpy ride. IMO

This is my humble opinion, mere supposition, but I don't think anyone here is posting blatant statements that aren't so on purpose. I do think that 100% of Websleuths posters are not omniscient humans, and thus capable of errors from time to time.

MOO, IMO, WTF, etc.

Wow!! Had surgery Wednesday and just now got caught up. Thanks to everyone who kept us updated as things were rolling along. I got just 2 questions...
Does this cleaning video make me look GUILTY? :rolleyes:

and more important, Where is heather?

Is the radio interview of NL and CH available anywhere?
I looked on the station's website (94.5 FM). When I click on the "Stuart Axelrod Show," I get this pop up: This show will be available on Sat, Sep 28 at 12PM.

Hopefully we'll be able to access it this weekend.

Listen to Stuart Axelrod on TuneIn

Surfside, no intent to generalize to all southerners. (And I was raised a southerner, so I would be included in that group.) I think I was responding to the idea that some kind of gentility or kindness is implied in those accents that isn’t necessarily there. Some aspects of the Old South and its facade of sweetness, which can cover for a host of hostilities, cruelties, and unspoken horrors.
No worries, Richmond. I get it. I have some negative feelings toward an entire town I once lived in, just because my experience there as a child was so bad, and none of the adults stepped in to make it better. I'm not saying that's what you're doing. I'm just saying I don't fault you for feeling the way you feel. I know you lived in the South, and you likely know what it's like to constantly battle the stereotypes that come with being Southern. I was just correcting the record that we aren't all the same. Oh, and for the record, my "country kin" definitely use "bless yer heart" passive-aggressively. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Southern Belle. I just use something much harsher than blessing someone's heart when they're being a _____________ (insert favorite expletive here).

I was made to be southern. I was already responding with, "Oh, honey..." when someone was being an unintelligent donkey. My condescending tone knows no bounds (and I got it from my mama.)

No worries, Richmond. I get it. I have some negative feelings toward an entire town I once lived in, just because my experience there as a child was so bad, and none of the adults stepped in to make it better. I'm not saying that's what you're doing. I'm just saying I don't fault you for feeling the way you feel. I know you lived in the South, and you likely know what it's like to constantly battle the stereotypes that come with being Southern. I was just correcting the record that we aren't all the same. Oh, and for the record, my "country kin" definitely use "bless yer heart" passive-aggressively. :D

Yes, you're right, there is a whole list of southern stereotypes, from the Southern belle to the redneck to the good ole boy, just to name a few. I am back in the south (not in my hometown) after 2 and 1/2 decades in nyc, and the adjustment has been interesting to say the least. But I love meeting southerners with whom I can connect--who are open about their experiences, their feelings, their struggles, and not hiding behind the facade. Fortunately, there is a lot more regional diversity than there was when I was growing up because these days people actually leave their hometowns and don't settle down to live the same life of their parents, grandparents, greatgrandparents, ad infinitum. Although northerners are still called yankees down here by the Old Guard.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361