AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local news just showed they obtained video of a red SUV leaving the Bridgeton Park the same afternoon Dulce went missing. I wish we could known for certain if it’s a red suv or mini van or what they we should be on the look out for.
No tinted windows, no sliding side door and for that matter it doesn't even look like there is a driver.

Local news just showed they obtained video of a red SUV leaving the Bridgeton Park the same afternoon Dulce went missing. I wish we could known for certain if it’s a red suv or mini van or what they we should be on the look out for.
That's an SUV or Crossover and might be orange or maybe red and the doors don't slide.

I’m new to this site but after reading over all of the information released so far this is my theory:

I don’t think any abduction took place. I believe her brother “knocked over” her ice cream (at that age siblings fight over any little thing). The boy started crying and said “I’m going to tell mom”. At this point she started to run away (towards the location where he apparently pointed) because she knew she would be in trouble and maybe feared her mom. The boy ran to the car and made the statement about my ice cream being knocked over. When kids cry it is sometimes hard to understand what they are even saying or upset about.

At the boys age he can comprehend someone “taking” or even “walking with” his sister somewhere. Which is why I believe he never saw anyone else with his sister or he would have been able to state that within this time frame.

One question I have is if there are any storm drains or sewers in that location? When kids are scared they run off and usually find a place to hide. They can easily get lost. I believe the answer is in the park and they need to seriously re examine every last inch including anything underground and every building in the area.
I just posted almost the same thing as yourself- I am wondering, too, if the siblings got into a typical spat, and when she saw her brother run to her Mom's car, she ran behind the building, just like he said, to hide.

I think unfortunately that man was there- whether to look for a victim or perhaps he was just watching children like some sickos do, saw her and tried to befriend her. Probably made a promise to her that was believable to a little girl, who might be worried that Mom wouldn't be happy with her for knocking her brother's ice cream out of his hand. She might have thought that it was a game with this man- trusting as little kids are.

If that is the case, then how could they have seen the acne, the distance would have been to far for that detail.
Some facial blemishes unfortunately stand out, even from a distance. I don't know if this is the case, but I have seen large moles on someone's face from quite a distance, Rosacea also can stand out from a distance away, etc.

There are people out there who are not very savy with descriptions of cars. Ask 24 witnesses what they saw, looking at the same exact thing, and somehow, you'll get at least 10 different descriptions of the same exact vehicle.

Why don’t family seem to think she has been taken saying ‘since she hasn’t come back’ like she’s gone off somewhere on her own accord. It’s not just that one comment there are several along the same lines from different people. Maybe it’s the translation or language barrier but no ones asking ‘who has taken my baby?’ ‘What have you done to her?’ JMO MOO
She’s 5 years old. It’s been a week. From witness reports she hasn’t just decided to take a walk, so why the confusion over why she’s gone away? She’s been abducted as far as we know.
You bet I’d be knocking on every door that has a red van parked on the drive if that was my 5 year old. Imo

Why don’t family seem to think she has been taken saying ‘since she hasn’t come back’ like she’s gone off somewhere on her own accord. It’s not just that one comment there are several along the same lines from different people. Maybe it’s the translation or language barrier but no ones asking ‘who has taken my baby?’ ‘What have you done to her?’ JMO MOO
She’s 5 years old. It’s been a week. From witness reports she hasn’t just decided to take a walk, so why the confusion over why she’s gone away? She’s been abducted as far as we know.
You bet I’d be knocking on every door that has a red van parked on the drive if that was my 5 year old. Imo

Language barrier I’m guessing. Plus some denial. Disbelief.

I hope that businesses are staying attentive to their employees actions in the area. Although this is not the case in the captured photo, many companies use sprinter vans for hauling/deliveries. The likelihood of a job using a red truck is low, but remains a possibility. This happened at a time people get out or have just gotten out of work. Usually sprinter vans have tinted windows and sliding doors.

hmm why wouldn’t they release this earlier? people have been looking for red mini and work vans this whole time. this looks like a honda cr-v. they come in a maroon-like red and a brighter red.

Amber Alert for Dulce Alavez: Timeline, what we know about missing 5-year-old as search enters 2nd week

Monday, Sept. 16, shortly before 4 p.m.: Dulce’s mother Noema Alavez told police they stopped along with Dulce’s 3-year-old brother and an 8-year-old relative at a Sunoco convenience store for ice cream. Video surveillance captured at the store showed the children looking into a display case. Police provided images from the video to help show the clothes Dulce was wearing when she went missing.

Monday, Sept. 16, about 4:20 p.m.: Noema Alavez told police she immediately began looking for Dulce, thinking her daughter was hiding.

She said she searched for about 10 to 15 minutes before calling her brother to help look for the girl.

Monday, Sept. 16, at 5 p.m.: Noema Alavez calls police to report her daughter missing, beginning what would be an extensive search of the massive park.

About two dozen people were playing basketball at a court near the play area at the time the child went missing, police said. All were interviewed by police and none initially reported seeing an abduction, according to police. Witnesses confirmed seeing the kids at the playground.

Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 7 a.m.: Police resumed the search and continued looking all day. Members of the community joined in the effort. The search included aircraft and thermal imaging cameras.

Investigators searched the 1,000-acre park, its adjoining neighborhoods and nearby Sunset Lake throughout the day on Tuesday before calling off the search when it became too dark.

More than 50 officers from various agencies within the county, city fire department personnel and K9s from throughout the state were involved in the search. A waterway at the park was also drained as part of the search.

Tuesday, Sept. 17, around 10 p.m.: New Jersey State Police issue an Amber Alert for Dulce, for the first time revealing new information indicating that the 5-year-old may have been abducted from the park. They issued a description of the man and red van with a sliding door believed to be involved in her kidnapping.

Bridgeton police later explained that the new information was uncovered after interviewing and re-interviewing witnesses.

Wednesday morning, Sept. 18: Noema Alavez told NJ Advance Media that police have suggested that members of Dulce’s family may have been involved in her disappearance, but she denied the claim.

“The police think our family did this,” she said. “They think I did something to her. I didn’t. I love my daughter. I would never do nothing bad to her."

Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 2 p.m.: Police Chief Michael Gaimari said investigators have obtained video surveillance that may show the van being sought in the abduction, but Dulce’s whereabouts remain unknown.

Thursday morning: The boyfriend of Dulce’s mother (who is not the girl’s father) is detained by ICE, she tells reporters. The man was later released without being charged.

Thursday, Sept. 19, 3 p.m.: Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae hold a brief news conference, announcing a $20,000 reward for information that leads investigators to Dulce. Webb-McCrae held another press briefing at the same time Friday, but had little else to add.

Friday morning, Sept. 20: The reward increased to $35,000 as a local business kicks in $10,000 and the State Policeman’s Benevolent Association chips in another $5,000.

Saturday, Sept. 21, at 7 p.m.: A candlelight vigil is held in the park where Dulce went missing.

Sunday, Sept. 22: Gaimari, the Bridgeton police chief urges local resident to share information with authorities even if they are in the country illegally. He says police wouldn’t know if someone is undocumented and won’t ask about their immigration status.

Monday, Sept. 23: Authorities asked the public to review mobile phones and cameras for any possible images or videos recorded between 3 and 6 p.m. on Sept. 16 at Bridgeton City Park.

Last edited:
Okay this is promising nearby neigbors have video of the van arriving at the park and leaving within 4 minutes. Here ia the news link
The timeline seems more firm.
The icecream store trip was exactly at 4:05p.m.
Police estimate Mom had a 4 minute drive to the park and parked at about 4:10p.

Then a neighbor's camera picks up a red suv at 4:21p entering the city park and existing at 4:24pm (van briefly slows to a near stop before exitng the City Park)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member