TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another link where the trial can be watched besides court t.v.?

Completely separate situations.
1. Amber Guyger is a police officer. Higher standard expected.
2. This is almost 2 generations removed, 1969.
3. A police officer killed a man in his own home.

There really isn't any comparison between the two.

I liked the new narrative I read today, that Botham, a large black man was "charging" at Amber Guyger, she had no time to think, because she felt in "fear" of her life.

They are really re-framing the entire situation.

Wouldn’t blood spatters indicate whether or not he was ‘charging’ at her? Now, he had a complete legal right to charge at her, I think—but I don’t think he was.

Wouldn’t blood spatters indicate whether or not he was ‘charging’ at her? Now, he had a complete legal right to charge at her, I think—but I don’t think he was.
Between the blood splatter and the angle of the wound I think it will be pretty clear. I doubt he was "charging.". Didn't the state's OS say he was rising from a seated position?

In the prosecutor's opening statement he said the bullet entry wound and travel showed he was in a "crouched" position as if he were midway from sitting to standing. It will be interesting to hear forensic experts testimony.

In the prosecutor's opening statement he said the bullet entry wound and travel showed he was in a "crouched" position as if he were midway from sitting to standing. It will be interesting to hear forensic experts testimony.

Defense will probably try to claim he was charging her like a football player. :rolleyes:

This is full day one, 8 hrs worth.
Prosecution opening statement around the 3:45:00 mark.
Defense opening statement around 5:00:00

1st pros witness Alissa Findley, Botham Jean's sister: 5:41:00
2nd witness Sgt. Robert Watson, Guyger's supervisor: 6:00:00
3rd witness Martin Rivera, Guyger's partner: 7:09:00

Last edited:
Between the blood splatter and the angle of the wound I think it will be pretty clear. I doubt he was "charging.". Didn't the state's OS say he was rising from a seated position?

I agree.
I heard today on live feed: either getting up or cowering down

MOO

Completely separate situations.
1. Amber Guyger is a police officer. Higher standard expected.
2. This is almost 2 generations removed, 1969.
3. A police officer killed a man in his own home.

There really isn't any comparison between the two.

I liked the new narrative I read today, that Botham, a large black man was "charging" at Amber Guyger, she had no time to think, because she felt in "fear" of her life.

They are really re-framing the entire situation.
They can attempt to frame anyway they want. It ain’t gonna work.

MOO

It was 3 minutes 44 seconds from when AG's phone call with Rivera ended to when she called 911. Remember when her call with Rivera ended, AG was pulled off the main pathway in the parking garage. So she hung up that phone call, pulled back on the driving path, proceeded to the 4th floor, entered the building, walked two hallways, had the encounter with Jean during which he was shot, then called 911. The call ended with Rivera and 3:44 minutes later a call was made to 911.

It was misleading earlier I think it seemed she shot Jean and didn't call 911 for 3 minutes. That is not the case.

ETA: I guess I am not positive about this. A lot of people seem to think it was a 3 min delay between the shooting and the 911 call. I missed this if that is the case.
I missed it too, if that's the case. If there was an almost 4 minute delay, what would she have been doing during that time? Wouldn't she have turned on the lights, seen that it was the wrong apt., and checked the outside of the door to see what apt she was in? She did all that during the 911 call.

This indicates the call to 911 was made 3 minutes 44 seconds after the call to her partner ended (not 3 minutes 44 seconds after the shooting).

Botham Jean's apartment door was unlocked when Dallas officer walked in, shot him
She called her partner while she was leaving work after 9:30 p.m. They had previously been in an intimate relationship and had been exchanging sexually-explicit messages throughout the day, according to court testimony.

They were on the phone for more than 16 minutes while she drove home.

The next call she made was 3 minutes and 44 seconds later to 911 to report she had shot a man.

This is full day one, 8 hrs worth.
Prosecution opening statement around the 3:45:00 mark.
Defense opening statement around 5:00:00

1st pros witness Alissa Findley, Botham Jean's sister: 5:41:00
2nd witness Sgt. Robert Watson, Guyger's supervisor: 6:00:00
3rd witness Martin Rivera, Guyger's partner: 7:09:00

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors