GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link from a local TV station, WPDE, says the bones were found by a community clean up group working Saturday. I couldn't read the Myrtle Beach Online news because it was behind a pay wall. Possible human bones found near Little River

I can't believe how often human remains are found in this area. Seems like it happens at a greater rate (per capita) than in other areas. Certainly where I live.

Wasn’t that part of where the M’s phone pinged that night? Somewhere near the Carolina university? Or am I remembering wrong? Sorry if I am...
No, Coastal Carolina University is technically in Conway, and it's about 30 miles from Waties Island/Cherry Grove Beach. Their phones didn't ping near the Island.

I looked on the station's website (94.5 FM). When I click on the "Stuart Axelrod Show," I get this pop up: This show will be available on Sat, Sep 28 at 12PM.

Hopefully we'll be able to access it this weekend.

Listen to Stuart Axelrod on TuneIn

Unfortunately I think that's just the time you'll be able to listen to his next weekly show live (every Saturday from 12 pm to 2 pm).

Interesting how the vehicle cleaning and burning of the rags was very important to them.

As much as I like to hear from the jury after a trial, I really wish jurors would remain silent and not share any information about their deliberations with the media. There are too many chances that something they may say could be used in a future appeal.

Interesting how the vehicle cleaning and burning of the rags was very important to them.

As much as I like to hear from the jury after a trial, I really wish jurors would remain silent and not share any information about their deliberations with the media. There are too many chances that something they may say could be used in a future appeal.
And the mirrored search of the fountain. Clearly the jurors were able to tell it was a mirror, maybe Ashley needs glasses and some Ginko Biloba.

Any Farmer's Markets near that Island?

I don't think there were back in 2013. There is one in Little River now but I can't remember when it started. But that doesn't even matter since all the local farmers markets are summer only. I believe AC said they were driving to Columbia and that would have been why. That time of year the only markets like that open here would have been something like the Dickens Christmas Show. Which is expensive.

LOL - this lady is spot on.

Another surveillance video Simms spoke about was of the Moorers cleaning their truck.

“After seeing their house, they’re not people who cleans trucks or homes or anything,” she said.

I feel for her. I remember being on a jury that put a guy, with a new born baby and government job, away for 18 mos. and felt sick and horrible for quite some time. Couldn’t imagine the feeling of putting someone away for 30 even when it’s the right thing to do. It’s an awful job. Thank you to her and the rest of the jury.

I don't think there were back in 2013. There is one in Little River now but I can't remember when it started. But that doesn't even matter since all the local farmers markets are summer only. I believe AC said they were driving to Columbia and that would have been why. That time of year the only markets like that open here would have been something like the Dickens Christmas Show. Which is expensive.
One thing about this case is I have been so confused about the whereabouts of the dad. I know it’s likely because there is more than one story at play here. But I haven’t been able to find any media info on him. Is anyone able to point me in a direction of where his whereabouts were explained? Tia

One thing about this case is I have been so confused about the whereabouts of the dad. I know it’s likely because there is more than one story at play here. But I haven’t been able to find any media info on him. Is anyone able to point me in a direction of where his whereabouts were explained? Tia
Ok I found one story about the farmers market from a prior thread during AC’s testimony.

Twitter

We spoke with Simms about the evidence presented and she said there were several pieces of evidence that pointed to Moorer’s guilt.

“The mirror really, when she couldn’t see the mirror,” she said.

The mirror she’s talking about is the one in the surveillance video showing Tammy Moorer checking for any kind of “bugs” or recording equipment the Moorers thought the police may have left.

Another surveillance video Simms spoke about was of the Moorers cleaning their truck.

“After seeing their house, they’re not people who cleans trucks or homes or anything,” she said."

Simms said what followed the truck cleaning was a red flag for her as well.

“Burning the rags was important too," she said. "Back in the day we use to clean our vehicles and we always wash the rags and use it again. You get a good rag you aren’t gonna throw it in the fire.”

Bwahaha! The comment on the house.

Also, I guess this video was key to putting them over the top is to the verdict.

(bbm)

Interesting! I wish that issue would have been pressed. The friend needs to be tracked down and questioned (again if he already was once).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23