Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

Oh that’s good. What if someone re turns in SA with more positive evidence. Loooool.

But for real.

I think at very least SA deserves a new trial.
:D:D

whatever puts an end to this, works for me LOL

She did tweet this after the "announcement":

[URL='https://twitter.com/ZellnerLaw']Kathleen Zellner
@ZellnerLaw[/URL]

The Reward offer has nothing to do with the merits of Avery’s appeal which will be filed on 10/10. The law firm is not offering a reward a private individual is funding the reward. Numerous cases have been solved by reward offers. #MakingAMurderer2

So the reward isn't coming from her, it's someone privately offering it. I also believe the appeal needs to be filed on Oct 7th, and hope someone tells her she got the date wrong lol

I think Steven Avery is guilty and I don't think he was made into a monster. Maybe that first trial was biased maybe he was innocent but on the prowl for victims. He killed Teresa. That is on him. Netflix could have found a million people that the justice system screwed over and deserve attention. He isn't one of them - Epic fail Netflix.

I think Steven Avery is guilty and I don't think he was made into a monster. Maybe that first trial was biased maybe he was innocent but on the prowl for victims. He killed Teresa. That is on him. Netflix could have found a million people that the justice system screwed over and deserve attention. He isn't one of them - Epic fail Netflix.

I'm just curious, not trying to be argumentative:
1) I'm wondering if you watched both Making of a Murderer 1 & 2?
2) I'm wondering what you thought of the forensic evidence and the experts' opinions of the evidence in #2?

What were the explosive new revelations revealed in the 2nd documentary?
I googled and can not get a straight answer ... I'd rather get it here where I trust people!

The new forensic evidence.
You'll probably have to watch the 2nd season or read Zellner's filings in order to follow the evidence and the forensic experts' opinions.

The voicemails ... her brother admitted to accessing them, but didn't think he deleted any. I would have to go back and look now, but at one point during those 3 days before she was reported missing, her VM was full, but then there were messages left after that, so it's a bit confusing. It's possible they self deleted after so many days, but... no one asked Cingular those questions. JMO

The ex said he "guessed" her password to her online cingular account, this is supposedly where they got a printout of her calls that day. It's referenced in the first few pages of the CASO report, where Barb's phone number is listed as belonging to "Steven Avery". :rolleyes:

IIRC the engineer from Cingulair who testified via phone stated that the only way that several VMs disappeared was that they had been deleted.

2) I'm wondering what you thought of the forensic evidence and the experts' opinions of the evidence in #2?

I have been following this since I started watching MAM 1... and honestly, I didn't even finish watching MAM 2 LOL I read all the filings though, and I think that MAM 2 gives a good quick overview of everything that was filed from what I watched, but I think that anyone that actually wants to get to the truth of the matter and make up their own minds, should just read all the filings that are available online.

I agree. I plan to read all the available filings as soon as I have a good chunk of time to do so.

I didn't and I usually like true crime shows. I read up on the case. This will sound ridiculous, it's his image that gives me the creeps. I know it's silly but his face and any video of him just makes me shudder. It's not a legit way to determine guilt or innocence but it will determine if I watch a show lol.

I didn't and I usually like true crime shows. I read up on the case. This will sound ridiculous, it's his image that gives me the creeps. I know it's silly but his face and any video of him just makes me shudder. It's not a legit way to determine guilt or innocence but it will determine if I watch a show lol.

No disrespect. You're right, it does sound ridiculous to base an opinion of murder on an image.

Hopefully doesn't determine juries

Secret Wisconsin inmate 'confesses' to 'Making a Murderer' crew that he killed Teresa Halbach | Daily Mail Online

Sept 23, 2019

Secret Wisconsin inmate 'confesses' to 'Making a Murderer' crew that he killed Teresa Halbach in a recording that is now being verified by police
  • A secret Wisconsin inmate allegedly admitted to killing Teresa Halbach in 2005
  • Her death gained widespread notoriety through TV series 'Making a Murderer'
  • Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey were serving life sentences for her killing
  • The alleged murderer will not be identified until police verify the 'confession'
A Wisconsin inmate has allegedly confessed to the killing of Teresa Halbach, whose tragic death was popularized through TV show 'Making a Murderer.'

The unidentified person is claimed to have admitted to the crime during a taped interview that is now being verified by police.

The recording was handed over by the filmmakers of 'Convicting a Murderer' but their director Shawn Rech said they have not confirmed the 'legitimacy of the confession.'

If it's true, it could exonerate Steven Avery, 57, and his nephew Brendan Dassey, 29, who have both spent more than a decade behind bars for the 25-year-old's murder.

Secret Wisconsin inmate 'confesses' to 'Making a Murderer' crew that he killed Teresa Halbach | Daily Mail Online

Sept 23, 2019

Secret Wisconsin inmate 'confesses' to 'Making a Murderer' crew that he killed Teresa Halbach in a recording that is now being verified by police
  • A secret Wisconsin inmate allegedly admitted to killing Teresa Halbach in 2005
  • Her death gained widespread notoriety through TV series 'Making a Murderer'
  • Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey were serving life sentences for her killing
  • The alleged murderer will not be identified until police verify the 'confession'
A Wisconsin inmate has allegedly confessed to the killing of Teresa Halbach, whose tragic death was popularized through TV show 'Making a Murderer.'

The unidentified person is claimed to have admitted to the crime during a taped interview that is now being verified by police.

The recording was handed over by the filmmakers of 'Convicting a Murderer' but their director Shawn Rech said they have not confirmed the 'legitimacy of the confession.'

If it's true, it could exonerate Steven Avery, 57, and his nephew Brendan Dassey, 29, who have both spent more than a decade behind bars for the 25-year-old's murder.

I think newsweek was the first to report this earlier today.

Exclusive: A Wisconsin inmate allegedly confessed to "Making a Murderer" killing of Teresa Halbach, and it's not Steven Avery

then there was this one.. with comments from Zellner's office.....

Steven Avery Update: Inmate Confessed to Murder, Director Says | Heavy.com

Heavy asked Zellner’s firm if the inmate in question was previously named as a possible suspect. However, the Zellner firm responded, in writing, using the same email that Zellner herself had signed with the earlier response: “The inmates (sic) name is familiar to us but I do not want to release it yet. We were contacted a week ago by the inmate. He mailed the handwritten confession to us before he contacted the production company. The confession occurred solely because of our 100k reward offer and had nothing to do with the production company. When we did not immediately respond to this person he called the production company.”

And then of course... she tweeted about it lol
Kathleen Zellner
@ZellnerLaw

Avery tips: our investigators are checking out the credible ones and disregarding the ones w/o corroboration— just like good cops should do. Our brief is due on 10/14. #MakingaMurderer #LoveElPaso #lifeafter10 #erinmoriarty

[URL='https://twitter.com/ZellnerLaw']Kathleen Zellner

@ZellnerLaw[/URL]

We received the handwritten confession on Saturday. It is worthless unless it is corroborated. #MakingAMurderer2 #WorkingOnIt #NotsoFast
6:02 PM · Sep 23, 2019

We'll see, but I bet it doesn't amount to much. I wonder if this guy figured if he confessed he could get the 100k? :D

I think newsweek was the first to report this earlier today.

Exclusive: A Wisconsin inmate allegedly confessed to "Making a Murderer" killing of Teresa Halbach, and it's not Steven Avery

then there was this one.. with comments from Zellner's office.....

Heavy asked Zellner’s firm if the inmate in question was previously named as a possible suspect. However, the Zellner firm responded, in writing, using the same email that Zellner herself had signed with the earlier response: “The inmates (sic) name is familiar to us but I do not want to release it yet. We were contacted a week ago by the inmate. He mailed the handwritten confession to us before he contacted the production company. The confession occurred solely because of our 100k reward offer and had nothing to do with the production company. When we did not immediately respond to this person he called the production company.”

And then of course... she tweeted about it lol
Kathleen Zellner
@ZellnerLaw

Avery tips: our investigators are checking out the credible ones and disregarding the ones w/o corroboration— just like good cops should do. Our brief is due on 10/14. #MakingaMurderer #LoveElPaso #lifeafter10 #erinmoriarty

Kathleen Zellner
@ZellnerLaw

We received the handwritten confession on Saturday. It is worthless unless it is corroborated. #MakingAMurderer2 #WorkingOnIt #NotsoFast
6:02 PM · Sep 23, 2019

We'll see, but I bet it doesn't amount to much. I wonder if this guy figured if he confessed he could get the 100k? :D
I wondered the same -- especially if the inmate is already a lifer!

ETA: Another convicted murder -- according to HEAVY

Last edited:

A convicted murderer from the State of Wisconsin has confessed to murdering photographer Teresa Halbach, the director of an upcoming documentary on the case told Heavy in a statement. The inmate is not Steven Avery or his nephew Brendan Dassey, the director confirmed to Heavy.

[...]

“The inmates (sic) name is familiar to us but I do not want to release it yet. We were contacted a week ago by the inmate. He mailed the handwritten confession to us before he contacted the production company. The confession occurred solely because of our 100k reward offer and had nothing to do with the production company. When we did not immediately respond to this person he called the production company.”

Zellner wrote on Twitter: “We received the handwritten confession on Saturday. It is worthless unless it is corroborated.”

[...]

Former DA Ken Kratz, who prosecuted the case, responded to the confession claim on Twitter, writing, “To be clear, like everyone else, this is news to me. I have NO COMMENT until I see the details. #MakingAMurderer.” Reached by Heavy, Kratz reiterated that sentiment and didn’t add further to the statement. Heavy has also reached out for comment from the Wisconsin Department of Justice, as well as the Manitowoc County Sheriff. They have yet to respond to the request.

REPORT: Wisconsin man confesses to Teresa Halbach's murder

CBS/News 7

(WSAW) -- According to a report in the New York Post, a Wisconsin man, already in prison for a different crime, is confessing to killing Teresa Halbach.

Right now, Steven Avery and his nephew, Brendan Dassey, are serving time in prison for the crime.

The confession is reportedly in the hands of investigators.

There is a name out there but I don't know how to tell you it other than it is on reddit. Check out a murderer who killed his family 5 days after Teresa was murdered and was a customer supposedly of Avery junk yard.

Edit to say this guy did not kill his family...He just took an ax to them so he may not be the guy that confessed. I am confused now.

Last edited:
There is a name out there but I don't know how to tell you it other than it is on reddit. Check out a murderer who killed his family 5 days after Teresa was murdered and was a customer supposedly of Avery junk yard.

Edit to say this guy did not kill his family...He just took an ax to them so he may not be the guy that confessed. I am confused now.

Andres Martinez. He has been named in previous court filings and talked about before.

page 11
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...s-Statement-on-Third-Party-Responsibility.pdf

It is refrenced in the above link, his CASO interview report is on page 980/981

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=980

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back