AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to that claim that she was born in Mexico?

Sorry to jump in here, but just wanted to try and clarify something as I've been reading these threads for the past couple of days. The translation of the Telemundo article posted here a few posts back said "the Mexican-born girl" but the actual phrase written is "la pequeña de origen mexicano", or "the little [girl] of Mexican origin"... Not in any clear way saying she was born in Mexico, but that her family is of Mexican descent. An important distinction considering so many from the U.S. are describing her as Mexican (as is often done) when Mexican news sources would be more likely to distinguish between a Mexican citizen and someone born in the U.S. of Mexican descent.

This is such a heartbreaking case and it seems like everywhere people are discussing it, the conversation is getting a little off the rails since we have such little concrete information. I hope we get a breakthrough soon and for the best for Dulce and her family.

Right, that’s my point. Not accurately translating or the story isn’t accurate because they said LE released the video. Therefore I don’t see how it is credible. It’s spreading a rumor at this point, until LE confirms.
I think it's misleading and I find it hard to believe that no other news source is reporting that this is the vehicle used in the crime and the way to track the suspect down.

It's crucial information so it's important to be sure that this is the vehicle.

They are stating that "authorities" have released the image where as far as I can tell LE has still not verified that this is the car.

IMO

Telemundo is one of two major spanish language network nationwide (Univision is the other). It is owned by Comcast through NBC Universal. It is MSM even if you can't understand what is being said.
And yet no other news source has made the claims they are making.
I wonder why?

It’s hard to accept that in this day and age, where plenty of people have dash cams, doorbell cams, security cams, etc there isn’t more to go on. The FBI is involved and it’s not just on the backs of local PD, so hopefully there is more information that they just aren’t releasing.

I’m beginning to wonder if perhaps she just wandered away and got hurt or drowned, or possibly if family was involved. That would explain why things are so quiet. This is my first time following a missing person case in real time, so not sure how it typically goes, but would an abduction of a child by a stranger warrant more...idk, noise?

Right. The closest I can offer is the Honda Element. I used to own one in another color, so remembered the tint in rear being standard. Random pics grabbed online:View attachment 206044View attachment 206045

JMO, but I think it is *possible* We see a red Honda Element in the convenience store video screenshots. I'm not certain, and it may be coincidence, similar size, similar rims, but possible.

Edited to add: I know it's a stretch. I'm just thinking of vehicles that might be confusing...Elements are boxy, like a van. Small like an SUV. Not in production since 2011.
According to the latest news article it was actually a truck that she was taken away in.

Imo

I wonder why?
It seems law enforcement needs to get out in front of that. If it is misinformation they don't need it out there. If it is a vehicle of interest they need to say so and push it out there. A statement from law enforcement one way or the other would be helpful.

I wonder why?

Other news sources did pick up on it, then somehow it was deleted. I recall the interview of the older gentlemen outside his home, telling the news reporter how the FBI knocked on his door last week and asked questions about suspicious activity or if they saw anything.

I can’t imagine it counts as MSM since we can’t understand it. They could be saying that is definitely the car for what we know.
I saw the deleted video - the English version - and the poster who translated it here for non-Spanish speakers gave a completely accurate account. Also mentioned in the version I saw was that the red SUV continued out of the park and turned right (north) onto N West St.

I Agree it’s either detrimental to investigation or the homeowner who provided the video or the neighbor that was interviewed now feels concerned.

In the video it mentioned the homeowner heard they were looking for. Red vehicle and watched their home security camera saw that vehicle entering and existing the park a few minutes later and turned it over to LE prior to the amber alert being issued.

Does anyone know what vehicle DMA uncle drives ? Maybe it was him coming to meet his sister to look for her ?
Good thought, but doubtful since the red SUV was only there for 4 minutes. The uncle (Mom's brother) supposedly was called to bring the family dog to help search. And timing - 4:20 to 4:24 - is when Dulce was reportedly being taken and mom just finding out from little brother.

Other news sources did pick up on it, then somehow it was deleted. I recall the interview of the older gentlemen outside his home, telling the news reporter how the FBI knocked on his door last week and asked questions about suspicious activity or if they saw anything.
Yes, but that was before they printed the story.

It didn't appear until after the others had already removed the video.

The original news source may be who they are referring to when they say the "authorities" released the video, because as far as I know LE has still not released the video.

It may be true that they received the footage and information from LE, but if so why not include the source and a quote to support it?

According to the latest news article it was actually a truck that she was taken away in.

Imo

Where was that stated? It seems the person who posted a translation a few pages back originally translated "camioneta" as truck and then went back and edited it to say van? I can't seem to find the original post saying truck anymore, but I do remember reading it as well. When searching the thread for the word "truck" the responses to it show up and the original translation, but it no longer says truck. In any case, "camioneta" means van, but can also refer to certain types of trucks, and even buses. I think in the case of the article, it's pretty clear to have meant "van", although the distinction between van and SUV itself is not that clear with many people in either language.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Translation was not inaccurate - I saw the English version and it was identical. There was a little more to it about where the SUV continued out of the park - turning right (north) onto W North St. A homeowner along that road was asked about it and interviewed in the video, but he apparently was not home at that time so saw nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems law enforcement needs to get out in front of that. If it is misinformation they don't need it out there. If it is a vehicle of interest they need to say so and push it out there. A statement from law enforcement one way or the other would be helpful.
Yes, I really wish we knew for sure.
I'm not convinced that this is the right vehicle.
LE always says the only accurate information will come from them.

IMO

Where was that stated? It seems the person who posted a translation a few pages back originally translated "camioneta" as truck and then went back and edited it to say van? I can't seem to find the original post saying truck anymore, but I do remember reading it as well. When searching the thread for the word "truck" the responses to it show up and the original translation, but it no longer says truck. In any case, "camioneta" means van, but can also refer to certain types of trucks, and even buses. I think in the case of the article, it's pretty clear to have meant "van", although the distinction between van and SUV itself is not that clear with many people in either language.
Well, I've heard van, SUV, or truck, and I think minivan as well.
So at this point I'm just not sure.
I'm guessing it can be anything other than a sedan or a sports car, in any shade of red.

The article that was posted earlier called it both a van and a truck.

Sorry to jump in here, but just wanted to try and clarify something as I've been reading these threads for the past couple of days. The translation of the Telemundo article posted here a few posts back said "the Mexican-born girl" but the actual phrase written is "la pequeña de origen mexicano", or "the little [girl] of Mexican origin"... Not in any clear way saying she was born in Mexico, but that her family is of Mexican descent. An important distinction considering so many from the U.S. are describing her as Mexican (as is often done) when Mexican news sources would be more likely to distinguish between a Mexican citizen and someone born in the U.S. of Mexican descent.

This is such a heartbreaking case and it seems like everywhere people are discussing it, the conversation is getting a little off the rails since we have such little concrete information. I hope we get a breakthrough soon and for the best for Dulce and her family.
Get you totally. When speaking French to a French audience, I always need to remember to state correctly that I am a teacher OF French , not a French teacher as we say in English.

It’s hard to accept that in this day and age, where plenty of people have dash cams, doorbell cams, security cams, etc there isn’t more to go on. The FBI is involved and it’s not just on the backs of local PD, so hopefully there is more information that they just aren’t releasing.

I’m beginning to wonder if perhaps she just wandered away and got hurt or drowned, or possibly if family was involved. That would explain why things are so quiet. This is my first time following a missing person case in real time, so not sure how it typically goes, but would an abduction of a child by a stranger warrant more...idk, noise?

I mentioned the other day that there is no proof she was kidnapped vs wandering away and being lost in the park. Nobody saw her be kidnapped. Someone saw a little girl calmly get in a vehicle with someone else, but there is no evidence it was (or wasn’t her). I hope they searched the park very well the first two days to make sure she wasn’t lost there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23