AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this is just a case of Telemundo having picked up this part of the story from NBC10 and not realizing that it wasn't released officially by authorities, or that it has been taken down from all U.S. sources. I don't think they were in any way trying to intentionally be inaccurate, and Telemundo is for sure MSM, but they happen to have just made a mistake, likely due to the language barrier and the cultural divide between covering a case like this happening in another country.

The article is just an attempt at retelling the story from last night, and I don't think the semantics of what they're actually reporting is that important. If you wanted to see the video and didn't get a chance to, there's the video. It was not stated in the original story in English that it was for sure the vehicle involved, just that it coincided with the times and the description to a degree. The only difference between what NBC and Telemundo reported is that Telemundo didn't choose their words as carefully as to say "may be" "might have" etc. over and over like they do in the U.S.

MOO

Amber Alert update: Cell phones could hold valuable clues in search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

Still looking for cell phone video from public, etc. They need to verify the car and the suspect before they can be certain. I think it's still important to put out what they've learned to this point. If that changes, then I hope it will be updated - red van, red SUV, etc

BBM

"Detectives believe Dulce was possibly taken from the park by a clean shaven Hispanic man with a thin build and acne, and put the girl in a red van with sliding doors, police said. He was described as between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8 tall."

This case is very confusing.

The Element was also produced in maroon. I'm dropping a pic of both red & maroon, just in case additional videos are released,or released and deleted as the day progresses. I feel like anything that isn't against TOS is worth a try. The tint, the color, the shape, confusion abt van or suv the unusual doors, younger witnesses playing basketball possibly not being familiar with the vehicle as they're no longer in production.....

Screenshot_2019-09-24-09-21-29_kindlephoto-1514378.png Screenshot_2019-09-24-10-16-02_kindlephoto-3734112.png

Video del vehículo que se habría llevado a Dulce María

This article shows the red sub that police are now interested in. It was seen leaving the park the same time Dulce went missing

OMG. :eek: Thank you for posting that! I was going crazy last thread because everyone was talking about seeing it but none of the video links worked. That is the first video that has played for me. IMHO this is either the vehicle that took away Dulce or it's a red herring. The timing seems right for a perp who was cruising around parks looking for a child to snatch and got lucky seeing Dulce with her little brother and no adults nearby to stop him. I wonder if they have checked CCTV footage from other nearby parks that day to see if this same SUV made an appearance. These type of perps usually try more than one hunting ground and more than one tactic before they find a victim. The Jayme Closs suspect said he was often driving around looking for a girl he could grab off the street but never found one alone enough that he thought he could get away with it-- he formulated his alternate plan when he saw Jayme getting on her school bus. In the Yingying Zhang case the perp tried to lure other women into his car earlier in the same day. I believe that a random perp could have gotten "lucky" here and it need not be a stalker situation or a person Dulce knew. Sadly, it takes very little to convince some small children (and even some adults) to get in a stranger's car. :(

MOO.

I didn't know what suicide doors were either. Here's a working link: Suicide door - Wikipedia

2 hair-raising snippets from the article: In Sweden they are nicknamed "kidnapper doors", and in the 1930s cars with such doors were favored by mobsters and gang members because they make pushing passengers out of a car easy. :eek:
Thank you for posting a working link! I didn't check the link like I normally do before posting, my apologies.

Translated:

Key video comes to light in the investigation of the case of Mexican girl Dulce María

In the surveillance video appears the red van in which they would have taken the child, disappeared since Monday.

NEW JERSEY - The authorities released a new surveillance video that shows the red truck in which they would have taken the girl Dulce María Alavez on Monday, September 16.

In the images, the vehicle is seen when it enters the five-acre park at about 4:20 p.m. and leaves around 4:24 p.m., a period that coincides with the moment when the Mexican-born girl would have disappeared.

So far, this would be the only solid track that could lead to Dulce María's whereabouts.

Video del vehículo que se habría llevado a Dulce María

I'm a fail on my phone so I can't quote and reply to the link question. This is where it states she is Mexican born

Where was that stated? It seems the person who posted a translation a few pages back originally translated "camioneta" as truck and then went back and edited it to say van? I can't seem to find the original post saying truck anymore, but I do remember reading it as well. When searching the thread for the word "truck" the responses to it show up and the original translation, but it no longer says truck. In any case, "camioneta" means van, but can also refer to certain types of trucks, and even buses. I think in the case of the article, it's pretty clear to have meant "van", although the distinction between van and SUV itself is not that clear with many people in either language.

Then, MOO, they edited the post to make the story and translation appear to be more accurate since that was part of my questioning if telemondos story was accurate, and if just telling posters to use google translate (since it’s 2019!!) was reliable. Editing the translation to make it appear more accurate after several posters attacked me for it... just proves my point. Either way the vehicle in question is neither a truck or a van so it’s still wrong lMO.

Translation was not inaccurate - I saw the English version and it was identical. There was a little more to it about where the SUV continued out of the park - turning right (north) onto W North St. A homeowner along that road was asked about it and interviewed in the video, but he apparently was not home at that time so saw nothing.

The translation called it a truck! Did the English version?

Source? Link, please.
It was posted earlier but I don't know how to link it.
The source was 47 Telemundo, I think, and I thought I just read a post saying they have changed it from truck to van. Or maybe it was translated incorrectly? Idk.

They claim that authorities have released the video of the van/truck which Dulce was taken away in by her abductor, and this would be the main way for LE to track the suspect down.

I'm just summarizing, but as far as I can tell none of this has been verified by LE.

Last edited:
OMG. :eek: Thank you for posting that! I was going crazy last thread because everyone was talking about seeing it but none of the video links worked. That is the first video that has played for me. IMHO this is either the vehicle that took away Dulce or it's a red herring. The timing seems right for a perp who was cruising around parks looking for a child to snatch and got lucky seeing Dulce with her little brother and no adults nearby to stop him. I wonder if they have checked CCTV footage from other nearby parks that day to see if this same SUV made an appearance. These type of perps usually try more than one hunting ground and more than one tactic before they find a victim. The Jayme Closs suspect said he was often driving around looking for a girl he could grab off the street but never found one alone enough that he thought he could get away with it-- he formulated his alternate plan when he saw Jayme getting on her school bus. In the Yingying Zhang case the perp tried to lure other women into his car earlier in the same day. I believe that a random perp could have gotten "lucky" here and it need not be a stalker situation or a person Dulce knew. Sadly, it takes very little to convince some small children (and even some adults) to get in a stranger's car. :(

MOO.
Excellent points to check other parks. Even on different days if possible. Lots of detective work needed on this case. Sure hope LE gets this guy.

Well, I've heard van, SUV, or truck, and I think minivan as well.
So at this point I'm just not sure.
I'm guessing it can be anything other than a sedan or a sports car, in any shade of red.

The article that was posted earlier called it both a van and a truck.

Could maybe be a Smart Car! My kid swears they look like tiny shrunken vans. (Obviously being facetious here and do not think it’s a smart car).

The translation called it a truck! Did the English version?
That part I don't remember - I was so focused on the timeline and the direction/roads traveled. To a point though, I've driven many an SUV over the years and have referred to my own as a truck at times.

I think something like that being lost in translation is not quite as detrimental as the rest of the info is important. IMO

I had something terrifying happen with my 3 yo. We were at the park and my 1yo fell. I literally looked down for a couple seconds to pick my 1yo up and my 3yo was gone out of the play are. Literally seconds and he was gone. I screamed my head off and luckily another child saw him in a sand pit 200 yds away. He didn’t answer my calls. Even now if a stranger Goes up to him (age almost 4) and tells him he has a toy for him my child will most probably go with them. Just goes to show that kids can disappear in a matter of seconds. Even though she’s five I still think it’s plausible that she went with someone who lured her. Most people may have just assumed he was her father. I hope they find this baby soon. This terrifies me as a parent.
I was looking online and they make soles for kids and adults that you put in their shoes and they can be gps tracked from your cell phone. I do t think it’s a bad idea to have kids wear them when they go in a public place.

That part I don't remember - I was so focused on the timeline and the direction/roads traveled. To a point though, I've driven many an SUV over the years and have referred to my own as a truck at times.

I think something like that being lost in translation is not quite as detrimental as the rest of the info is important. IMO
Yet we still don't know if the rest of the information is true.

LE has not yet verified that the vehicle shown in the video is the same one used in the abduction and that it is the main track (I guess they mean lead) that will lead to the suspect.

We still don't know which authorities released the surveillance video, or if they did at all. As far as I know the evidence was given to police and they have said nothing about it.
Of course it is crucial to identify and track down the van and the driver, but I'm still not convinced this is the right vehicle.

Imo

I'm a fail on my phone so I can't quote and reply to the link question. This is where it states she is Mexican born

The translation to english got messed up. The article says Dulce is of mexican origin. She was born in the US, to a father born in Mexico and a mother born in the US. Her mother is first generation born in the US. I think it's safe to assume that Dulce's family probably identify Dulce as mexican, but she is a US citizen.

When I was 4 I was having a bad day at nursery school. I clearly remember plotting my walk home, in Vineland, 5 city blocks with one right turn. I was totally going to do it. I was foiled by a door chain.

Dulce is 5. Her mom was born here. I don't know if the family availed themselves of the free preschool, but we have it, she is entitled to it, and she might have already had some education.

You can guarantee Dulce and her siblings and aunts walked around Bridgeton many times between relatives homes or to the store or to the park. It's just like that.

I guess that's why I was optimistic at first ... A 5 year old city kid from NJ has enough sense to not go in the river if they are lost. If she was lost, she'd either stay put or try to walk home ... probably the latter. That's also why I don't think the mom was willfully negligent ... she probably believed Dulce had enough street/park/public sense not to wander off for a few minutes or expected her to stay within sight, from experience.

It's becoming more evident that she is not in the park or anywhere around here and there is a video of a car entering and leaving the park at the time she vanished without a trace. I hope officials tell us about the video soon.

At 5 years old I walked to school and knew my neighborhood very well. I felt safe and felt like I knew how to get to familiar places-- even if I had never walked there but had only been driven the few blocks in a car. I feel Ducle probably knew this park well and felt safe too, making this all the more heartbreaking. The park was a short ride from the store where her mom bought the ice cream. If a stranger had asked her to show him where the Ice Cream Store was so he could buy her brother a new ice cream, I believe Dulce would have gone with him thinking she knew right where the store was... This is so heartbreaking to think about-- one moment she feels safe and knows where she is but the next moment the SUV is going the "wrong way" and she can't get out due to child locks on the doors. :( I feel like the only sliver of hope left is if he was the rare perp who had a plan to keep her alive, but if that is the case seeing his vehicle on TV may cause him to get rid of her and all evidence, including the vehicle. I so hope the TV station has not endangered Dulce's life by releasing this video. MOO.

I mentioned the other day that there is no proof she was kidnapped vs wandering away and being lost in the park. Nobody saw her be kidnapped. Someone saw a little girl calmly get in a vehicle with someone else, but there is no evidence it was (or wasn’t her). I hope they searched the park very well the first two days to make sure she wasn’t lost there. :(

ITA. IMO, the description of the perp and putting a child in the backseat, sounds like a father and his daughter. Dulce is a darling child, but there are many like her. An incorrect identification would be easy. I don't really believe the witness that claims to have seen her at the park previously. There are a few families on my street that fit their description.

I think the red van is all LE has, and they used it to issue an amber alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77