GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Farmer's Markets near that Island?
I don't know. I can dig around and see, but again, he can't just drive out onto Waties by himself. And most, if not all, local farmer's markets are seasonal. For instance, the one in Surfside runs through October, and the one at Market Commons runs through September. I've never been to one on the north end, but I doubt their schedules are much different.

We spoke with Simms about the evidence presented and she said there were several pieces of evidence that pointed to Moorer’s guilt.

“The mirror really, when she couldn’t see the mirror,” she said.

The mirror she’s talking about is the one in the surveillance video showing Tammy Moorer checking for any kind of “bugs” or recording equipment the Moorers thought the police may have left.

Another surveillance video Simms spoke about was of the Moorers cleaning their truck.

“After seeing their house, they’re not people who cleans trucks or homes or anything,” she said."

Simms said what followed the truck cleaning was a red flag for her as well.

“Burning the rags was important too," she said. "Back in the day we use to clean our vehicles and we always wash the rags and use it again. You get a good rag you aren’t gonna throw it in the fire.”

Bwahaha! The comment on the house.

Also, I guess this video was key to putting them over the top is to the verdict.
BBM: Yes! Everything she mentioned that was an "a-ha moment" came from that video! She also said they never saw any gift giving from AC to SM and never saw the cleaning kit. Man, am I glad the State had that video up its sleeve.

(bbm)

Interesting! I wish that issue would have been pressed. The friend needs to be tracked down and questioned (again if he already was once).
Agree. Reviewing stuff from AC’s testimony during TM’s trial. Crazy to me that she was allowed to testify for both her parents and then bring a friend of dad’s into it as well a husband of a friend of theirs that supposedly did SM’s tattoo a year before. But those friends didn’t have to corroborate her story? I just really am blown away that AC hasn’t faced charges yet. So many lies. Maybe part of what they are holding back for a murder trial? Idk just unbelievable to me. MOO

BBM: Yes! Everything she mentioned that was an "a-ha moment" came from that video! She also said they never saw any gift giving from AC to SM and never saw the cleaning kit. Man, am I glad the State had that video up its sleeve.
Right and that he showed absolutely no emotion until he was being sentenced and those tears were for himself not Heather. Was so happy to hear she saw as I did there at the end. No apologies or remorse once so ever.

All the years of havoc that TM raged on social media and in the community directed towards the Elvis family and Heather supporters and now we find out there's a video that shows them cleaning up their crime. She knew that LE had that video yet she still pressed on, makes one wonder what else do they have? TM knows, SM knows, AC knows - yet they still had the audacity to keep on with their lies and cover up. IMO the only thing they are confident in is where Heather is. I bet TM didn't think that video would come out unless they were charged with murder because the prosecution hadn't used it before.

JMO
I have noticed a trend in trials where hardly ever does a witness who we all suspect is lying to help a defendent hardly ever gets charged with perjury and hardly ever is prosecuted for that charge.

There are many reasons for this and I found a link where a former prosecutor attempted to answer it and they did a good job of explaining the issues surrounding it. Its the first long reply in this link below.

IMO only I think the prosecutor sometimes uses a hostile witness to their advantage too. The prosecutor can sometimes sense the person is lying through their teeth and if its so blatantly obvious then the prosecutor knows the jury will also see that the person is lying and it can actually help the prosecutors case. So they may not pursue that after a trial if the result of the trial satisfied the proscutor's goal anyway.

Another reason IMO is it is a lot of work for the proscutor to try to prove perjury occurred. In order to bring perjury charges, the prosecutor has to be able to prove it by having other different witnesses testify the opposite way and somehow prove their version is the right one. That is no small feat when there is little physical evidence to prove otherwise.

All this and more makes pursuing perjury charges not worth it for a prosecutor unless they can package up a nice compact perjury case against a witness.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-sworn...ny-is-proven-false-by-the-finding-of-the-jury

All the years of havoc that TM raged on social media and in the community directed towards the Elvis family and Heather supporters and now we find out there's a video that shows them cleaning up their crime. She knew that LE had that video yet she still pressed on, makes one wonder what else do they have? TM knows, SM knows, AC knows - yet they still had the audacity to keep on with their lies and cover up. IMO the only thing they are confident in is where Heather is. I bet TM didn't think that video would come out unless they were charged with murder because the prosecution hadn't used it before.

You know how much it must be eating up AC alive not to be able to share with TM what happened and talk about it.

I wonder who her Confidant is these days for her to dump on?

One thing that has stuck with me after SM's trial is his last few comments as he was replying to the judge and family about not being able to give the answers that the family needs as to Heather's whereabouts.

JMO
The way he said things has me thinking that whatever they did with Heather has caused her body to not be recoverable.

Whether that means they took her out to the Ocean by boat and sunk her body by attaching an anchor or other weights,
or whether it means they used a large fire to burn up most of the remains,
or whether they used some other means to get rid of her body,
the way he talked about not being able to give the family information about where the body is has me thinking that their disposal method means her body is not recoverable.

Thinking his statements can help narrow down what they actually did with her.

JMO
I have noticed a trend in trials where hardly ever does a witness who we all suspect is lying to help a defendent hardly ever gets charged with perjury and hardly ever is prosecuted for that charge.

There are many reasons for this and I found a link where a former prosecutor attempted to answer it and they did a good job of explaining the issues surrounding it. Its the first long reply in this link below.

IMO only I think the prosecutor sometimes uses a hostile witness to their advantage too. The prosecutor can sometimes sense the person is lying through their teeth and if its so blatantly obvious then the prosecutor knows the jury will also see that the person is lying and it can actually help the prosecutors case. So they may not pursue that after a trial if the result of the trial satisfied the proscutor's goal anyway.

Another reason IMO is it is a lot of work for the proscutor to try to prove perjury occurred. In order to bring perjury charges, the prosecutor has to be able to prove it by having other different witnesses testify the opposite way and somehow prove their version is the right one. That is no small feat when there is little physical evidence to prove otherwise.

All this and more makes pursuing perjury charges not worth it for a prosecutor unless they can package up a nice compact perjury case against a witness.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-sworn...ny-is-proven-false-by-the-finding-of-the-jury
I guess I get that to a point but in this case the very evidence (video) that sealed the deal for SM per the jury foreman without a doubt shows that AC assisted in the coverup of a crime. That evidence coupled with the purging herself should bring accessory after the fact or aiding and abetting charges. MOO

We spoke with Simms about the evidence presented and she said there were several pieces of evidence that pointed to Moorer’s guilt.

“The mirror really, when she couldn’t see the mirror,” she said.

The mirror she’s talking about is the one in the surveillance video showing Tammy Moorer checking for any kind of “bugs” or recording equipment the Moorers thought the police may have left.

Another surveillance video Simms spoke about was of the Moorers cleaning their truck.

“After seeing their house, they’re not people who cleans trucks or homes or anything,” she said."

Simms said what followed the truck cleaning was a red flag for her as well.

“Burning the rags was important too," she said. "Back in the day we use to clean our vehicles and we always wash the rags and use it again. You get a good rag you aren’t gonna throw it in the fire.”

Bwahaha! The comment on the house.

Also, I guess this video was key to putting them over the top is to the verdict.

I didn't get to watch the whole trial. When and what did they show of the Moorer house?

One thing that has stuck with me after SM's trial is his last few comments as he was replying to the judge and family about not being able to give the answers that the family needs as to Heather's whereabouts.

JMO
The way he said things has me thinking that whatever they did with Heather has caused her body to not be recoverable.

Whether that means they took her out to the Ocean by boat and sunk her body by attaching an anchor or other weights,
or whether it means they used a large fire to burn up most of the remains,
or whether they used some other means to get rid of her body,
the way he talked about not being able to give the family information about where the body is has me thinking that their disposal method means her body is not recoverable.

Thinking his statements can help narrow down what they actually did with her.

I felt the same as he was saying those words. I thought wow he knows but can’t give them anything because there isn’t anything left to give. I also feel like he will never tell because his kids would see him for the monster he really is.

JMO

Very informative. I found this part to be particularly interesting and pertinent to AC's testimony:

sometimes, people do get charged with perjury after a criminal trial. These tend to be the most serious cases, where the false testimony hits at the heart of the justice system. Examples would include conspiracies to obstruct justice (and therefore to purposely mislead the jury)
I would really like to see the State bring charges for perjury and obstruction, but like you said, it might be more difficult to prove than is worth the effort. And I'm holding out hope that those charges will be brought when it is proven she was involved, and they can tack them on to more serious charges.

I thought about that too when I watched the raw 20 minute version. We know it was edited for sake of time, but no way would they have left that part out if it existed. AC could have given him the gift inside the house. But even then, I think he would have carried the kit out in the box right? Crafty liar that AC ... glad the jury "weighed her testimony" and discarded it as a whole. AC's mirror testimony really hung her out to dry, just goes to show she thinks she's smart, but lives in a warped reality like the rest of the family.

I didn't get to watch the whole trial. When and what did they show of the Moorer house?

I believe numerous LE testified to pictures taken at the Moorer house right after she went missing when Tammy let them in but would only let them take a picture from the door.
Yes, I believe it was one of the early witnesses. NL had him flipping through an album of photos, describing what each one was a photo of. The album was entered as evidence and would have been available to the jury during deliberation. JMO.

Guess we know why she wasn't put on the stand!! She would have had to explain the mirror, washing the truck, and burning the rags. Oh what I wouldn't have given to see her try and explain her actions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆