AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family of little Dulce told Eyewitness News there is now a $65,000 reward being offered for information that leads to the whereabouts of the 5-year-old.

“Since she hasn’t been here it’s been a lot quieter in the house. She’s usually running around the house. She’s the one who makes the most noise out of all of the kids in the house,” Perez said.

“Some people in this community are likely undocumented and that poses very particular challenges to law enforcement conducting these types of investigations and trying to get information from the community — from people in the community who might be witnesses to something or might have information becomes a real challenge because those people, particularly undocumented immigrants, are very fearful of any potential contact with law enforcement,” Klaver said.

Perez says the FBI has interviewed Dulce’s father, who is in college in Mexico.

“I told him that I was pregnant by him and he didn’t believe me until my daughter was one month and he saw that my daughter had his face,” Perez said.

Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Placed On FBI's Most Wanted List
LE should work with the Parish Priests to gain confidence and help obtain info in a manner that feels safe to the locals.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, especially since we have not heard much of anything since Saturday.

But the FBI are involved so I'm hoping it's because they are so busy following up on leads and they just don't have anything solid yet.

I think a few days ago they said they had interviewed about 75 people, so maybe they have done more by now.

There is probably a lot more surveillance footage to view, and we never know what that is going to reveal. There has to be some evidence out there.

I remember in the Mollie Tibbett's case it was the footage from a residence security camera that finally led to the suspect. In so many cases it turns out to be something that was captured on camera that leads them to the perp.

How well planned could this crime have been? There must have been mistakes made, especially if this was a spontaneous kidnapping. Most criminals do not seem to plan very well.

I wonder if they are still searching in the park. I think they need to check out some of those roads around the park that lead to remote areas.

IMO
I don’t think it was spontaneous.

An estimated 105 children were victims of stereotypical kidnappings in 2011, virtually the same as the 1997 estimate. Most kidnappings involved the use of force or threats, and about three in five victims were sexually assaulted, abused, or exploited.
• Victims were, most commonly, ages 12 to 17, girls, white, and living in situations other than with two biological or adoptive parents. Half of all stereotypical kidnappings in 2011 were sexually motivated crimes against adolescent girls.
• Most perpetrators of 2011 stereotypical kidnappings were male, were ages 18 to 35, and were white or black in equal proportions. About 70 percent were unemployed, and roughly half had problems with drugs or alcohol.
•Fewerstereotypicalkidnappingsendedinhomicidein2011thanin1997(8percent versus 40 percent). Most kidnappers were not violent at first contact with victims; instead, they lured almost 70 percent of victims through deception or nonthreatening pretexts. Kidnappings involving 92 percent of child victims in 2011 ended in recovering the child alive, compared with 57 percent of victims in 1997.
• 2011 estimates of child victims being detained overnight were three times the 1997 estimates (80 percent versus 26 percent).
• Technologies, such as cell phones and the Internet, helped law enforcement to solve crimes involving two-thirds of the victims.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/249249.pdf

I feel like the guy who waved her over might be someone she has seen or spoken to before, but not someone she knew really well. JMO. It's not like the brother said, "cousin so and so" or "Mr. mailman" called her over. At the very least he isn't someone the brother recognized. I'm sure they are checking out anyone who frequents that park, that store, the male family members of her friends, etc. It's so sad and frustrating.

LE should work with the Parish Priests to gain confidence and help obtain info in a manner that feels safe to the locals.

The town mayor is also a clergyman
He said in a interview (I believe today) that he was meeting with all of the local church clergy to both pray for Dulce and ask for their assistance in conveying the need to come forward with any information.

Here’s instilla.grandma post from earlier
The mayor interview is around the 1:40 mark

imstilla.grandma❤️ Believer of Miracles

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019
"Authorities searching for Dulce Maria Alavez said Tuesday they continue to operate under the premise the 5-year-old New Jersey girl is alive. Authorities in Bridgeton, New Jersey say they will continue to treat her disappearance as a missing person until evidence indicates otherwise. On Tuesday, investigators were successful in reaching Dulce's father, who lives in Mexico, by telephone. The FBI apparently is working on having agents interview the father face-to-face. READ MORE: https://6abc.cm/2my0TEO"

The town mayor is also a clergyman
He said in a interview (I believe today) that he was meeting with all of the local church clergy to both pray for Dulce and ask for their assistance in conveying the need to come forward with any information.

Here’s the post from earlier

imstilla.grandma❤️ Believer of Miracles

Sep 24, 2019
"Authorities searching for Dulce Maria Alavez said Tuesday they continue to operate under the premise the 5-year-old New Jersey girl is alive. Authorities in Bridgeton, New Jersey say they will continue to treat her disappearance as a missing person until evidence indicates otherwise. On Tuesday, investigators were successful in reaching Dulce's father, who lives in Mexico, by telephone. The FBI apparently is working on having agents interview the father face-to-face. READ MORE: https://6abc.cm/2my0TEO"
Let's hope that F2F happens soon....very soon.

Sep 24, 2019
Note that authorities now say that the RED SUV we have been discussing is *NOT* involved in this investigation.

I am thinking that it may take a miracle for this baby girl to be found.
Dead, or alive.
Statistics say killed.
Finding this perpetrator is all important.
Statistics also say, he will do this again.
I hope I'm wrong.

I don't mean to be argumentative but if someone was close enough to see acne/facial sores and no facial hair, not even a tiny goatee, how come they cannot describe to a police artist, the shape of his face, oval, broad etc or if he had high cheekbones or wide set eyes or was wearing a baseball cap backwards.
Police artists are very skilled at interviewing and producing sketches.
Unless, the description is not from a live witness and therefore cannot be interviewed, but is in fact from a camera or LE doesn't have confidence in the accuracy or truth of the description.

Maybe his vehicle passed their vehicle and they only got a side-view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288