AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may or may not have a "right " to see Dulce. The mother was 13/14 when she got pregnant by a male she did not have a relationship with. Seems his parental rights could be (or should be) very minimal.

Expounding on the idea or mention that father has a “right” to see Dulce.
If his name is not on the birth certificate he is not recognized as the father.

Now, whatever happened with her parents and custody would be interesting. If it was through legal channels or not. I would imagine if legal then some discussion about the father would have happened.
If not legal custody a quite interesting case for back child support ?

What makes you think that?
I guess because she's a little girl like the Delphi girls and the two other little girls who disappeared riding bikes. I can't remember their names. They were cousins.
Is just a feeling but that could be because Delphi never leaves my thoughts for long.
We had a little girl in my town disappear and it was a neighbor who killed her.

When did the mom say that she never had a relationship with the dad? I read it as saying that Dulce never had a relationship with the dad. It wouldn't even make sense for mom to talk about herself in the middle of a sentence about Dulce and the dad. She was talking about her daughter, not about herself. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Who took her to the park?

What I understand is her mom is only about 18. She lives with grandparents and mom lives some other place. Dad lives in Mexico. Mom is so young, I can understand why she is being raised by grandparents. BUT, she also has two parents who both want her. So now that I read that info, I'm changing my opinion (which absolutely means nothing). But I think one of her parents took her..

He may or may not have a "right " to see Dulce. The mother was 13/14 when she got pregnant by a male she did not have a relationship with. Seems his parental rights could be (or should be) very minimal.
As long as he can prove paternity he would have parental rights whether they had a relationship or not. Imo

Yes, isn't that what I've been saying all this time? I don't know why I am being misunderstood. Maybe I'm just tired and can't find the right words. I've posted several times that it was found to have no connection to the crime.

I never believed it was involved in the first place, which is what I have been trying to say since the last thread. It did not match the description that was given by LE. No tinted windows and no sliding door.

So, once again I will say that the story that was run about the SUV being involved was FALSE. LE never claimed it was involved. The article claimed that it was released by "authorities" yet they never provided evidence to back it up.

Why would they release a video before investigating it?

They did not "find" the video, it was turned into them. It was irresponsible to run a story claiming it was the abduction vehicle in the first place.

IMO
Some news agencies want the “scoop”, and fail to fact check thoroughly it seems.

Amateur speculation and opinion

Who took her to the park?

What I understand is her mom is only about 18. She lives with grandparents and mom lives some other place. Dad lives in Mexico. Mom is so young, I can understand why she is being raised by grandparents. BUT, she also has two parents who both want her. So now that I read that info, I'm changing my opinion (which absolutely means nothing). But I think one of her parents took her..
From the media thread - one of our sleuthers posted this earlier - and I copied it over

Amber Alert for Dulce Alavez: Timeline, what we know about missing 5-year-old as search enters 2nd week

Monday, Sept. 16, shortly before 4 p.m.: Dulce’s mother Noema Alavez told police they stopped along with Dulce’s 3-year-old brother and an 8-year-old relative at a Sunoco convenience store for ice cream. Video surveillance captured at the store showed the children looking into a display case. Police provided images from the video to help show the clothes Dulce was wearing when she went missing.

Monday, Sept. 16, about 4:20 p.m.: Noema Alavez told police she immediately began looking for Dulce, thinking her daughter was hiding.

She said she searched for about 10 to 15 minutes before calling her brother to help look for the girl.

Monday, Sept. 16, at 5 p.m.: Noema Alavez calls police to report her daughter missing, beginning what would be an extensive search of the massive park.

About two dozen people were playing basketball at a court near the play area at the time the child went missing, police said. All were interviewed by police and none initially reported seeing an abduction, according to police. Witnesses confirmed seeing the kids at the playground.

Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 7 a.m.: Police resumed the search and continued looking all day. Members of the community joined in the effort. The search included aircraft and thermal imaging cameras.

Investigators searched the 1,000-acre park, its adjoining neighborhoods and nearby Sunset Lake throughout the day on Tuesday before calling off the search when it became too dark.

More than 50 officers from various agencies within the county, city fire department personnel and K9s from throughout the state were involved in the search. A waterway at the park was also drained as part of the search.

Tuesday, Sept. 17, around 10 p.m.: New Jersey State Police issue an Amber Alert for Dulce, for the first time revealing new information indicating that the 5-year-old may have been abducted from the park. They issued a description of the man and red van with a sliding door believed to be involved in her kidnapping.

Bridgeton police later explained that the new information was uncovered after interviewing and re-interviewing witnesses.

Wednesday morning, Sept. 18: Noema Alavez told NJ Advance Media that police have suggested that members of Dulce’s family may have been involved in her disappearance, but she denied the claim.

“The police think our family did this,” she said. “They think I did something to her. I didn’t. I love my daughter. I would never do nothing bad to her."

Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 2 p.m.: Police Chief Michael Gaimari said investigators have obtained video surveillance that may show the van being sought in the abduction, but Dulce’s whereabouts remain unknown.

Thursday morning: The boyfriend of Dulce’s mother (who is not the girl’s father) is detained by ICE, she tells reporters. The man was later released without being charged.

Thursday, Sept. 19, 3 p.m.: Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae hold a brief news conference, announcing a $20,000 reward for information that leads investigators to Dulce. Webb-McCrae held another press briefing at the same time Friday, but had little else to add.

Friday morning, Sept. 20: The reward increased to $35,000 as a local business kicks in $10,000 and the State Policeman’s Benevolent Association chips in another $5,000.

Saturday, Sept. 21, at 7 p.m.: A candlelight vigil is held in the park where Dulce went missing.

Sunday, Sept. 22: Gaimari, the Bridgeton police chief urges local resident to share information with authorities even if they are in the country illegally. He says police wouldn’t know if someone is undocumented and won’t ask about their immigration status.

Monday, Sept. 23: Authorities asked the public to review mobile phones and cameras for any possible images or videos recorded between 3 and 6 p.m. on Sept. 16 at Bridgeton City Park.

She's ok with her parents having custody.
Oh! No wonder I was confused. I had to go back several posts to the OP.

I would think she would be more than ok with that situation because it would take the pressure off having to raise her kids alone. Also she would have some privacy with her boyfriend.
She still has time to spend with her children as she is very close by but she doesn't have to do all the hard work that is involved in childcare. Plus, she gets to keep her social life.

Sounds ideal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member